• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
jtb, you must be Demba Ba's biggest fan :lol.

I think he's a really good player. he played well at West Ham and was fantastic at Newcastle, basically dragged them to 5th place on his own. I was furious Wenger didn't buy him when he had that dirt cheap release clause and he moved to Chelsea instead. He was wasted at Newcastle once Cisse entered the picture and then wasted again at Chelsea and fits the mold for exactly what we need. Stupid stupid stupid.

Wenger will get a chance to atone for that mistake this summer, though. I can only hope he makes the right decision.

confuziz

Banned
Only thing about this is that the rest of the Eredivisie sucks at the moment as well. Normally it would have been impossible to win the league four times in a row with our current squad.

I'm glad you have realised this as well...now for the rest of the country..

Linius

I'm glad you have realised this as well...now for the rest of the country..

Well yeah, with how many points we lost there's not much more to say about it. If we win the last two games we'll end with one point less than last season. People seem to forget Jol got more points than De Boer ever did with Ajax. Oh and not to forget the 100+ goals. Still bullshit Twente took the title with their 1-0 wins all season.

Clegg

LVG won the CL with Ajax right? that's seems more impressive to me
LVG created one of the finest teams of the generation.

He used a lot of young Dutch players and won the CL. It was a triumph for the Dutch academy system. They got to the CL final the next year too but lost to Juve in a penalty shootout after extra time.

Van den Sar
F. De Boer
R. De Boer
Rijkaard
Seedorf
Davids
Overmars
Kluivert

Were all in that Ajax side.

confuziz

Banned
Well yeah, with how many points we lost there's not much more to say about it. If we win the last two games we'll end with one point less than last season. People seem to forget Jol got more points than De Boer ever did with Ajax.

Wow is that true? That's insane. Little Jol and his brother are so stupid. What about mister Pannenkoek 'die derde ster' van Basten?

Linius

LVG created one of the finest teams of the generation.

He used a lot of young Dutch players and won the CL. It was a triumph for the Dutch academy system. They got to the CL final the next year too but lost to Juve in a penalty shootout after extra time.

Van den Sar
F. De Boer

R. De Boer
Rijkaard
Seedorf
Davids
Overmars
Kluivert

Were all in that Ajax side.

These fellas are all in our current staff. Great generation.

Wow is that true? That's insane. Little Jol and his brother are so stupid. What about mister Pannenkoek 'die derde ster' van Basten?

Nah, his season was dire. De Boer never reached his low.

GQman2121

Banned
Our other Hazard hit this goal (his 12th of the year) last night Vs. Genk.

thaz_goal_vs_genk7okbc.gif

Deflected, but so what

Linius

De Boers stats are 73 (+42 GD), 76 (+57 GD) and 76 (+52 GD) points btw. Most likely we'll end up with 75 points this season. Currently with a +41 GD.

Martin Jol: 85 points (+86 GD).

Well there's that.

Kind of bums me out we missed out on the title in years we played much better and had guys like Suarez and Huntelaar scoring 30+ goals. And now we keep winning lol

Slizz

I love the butterfly effect that happened. All because Vince Carter rose from obscurity to shoot a game winning 3 against the Spurs.

untitled-3p1bba.gif

Slizz

qamMEYm.jpg

I honestly can't believe MLS is gaining popularity with this kind of TV exposure(MLS Live is a paid for service a la WWE Network/Netflix).... Guess its great that people are actually physically attending the matches instead of just watching though...

Elchele

qamMEYm.jpg

I honestly can't believe MLS is gaining popularity with this kind of TV exposure(MLS Live is a paid for service a la WWE Network/Netflix).... Guess its great that people are actually physically attending the matches instead of just watching though...

loooool
what does stream of the week means? They stream it for free?

jtb

Banned
eh baseball is rarely nationally televised but they're raking in ridiculous amounts of money via local TV deals. if MLS can maintain grassroots support and can keep people coming to games, that's a good thing and it'll lead to better things financially down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom