• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancient Dragon is perhaps where I give up on DS2 :(

100 hours, every boss down, game complete, and I can't get close to beating this cunt. Even with a Dragon Tooth with 329 Physical Damage, and 329 Magic Damage

Hixx

100 hours, every boss down, game complete, and I can't get close to beating this cunt. Even with a Dragon Tooth with 329 Physical Damage, and 329 Magic Damage

I left him. Didn't even try him once. Went straight to NG+ after Nashandra. NG+ is SO much better imo, don't quit.

Meier

Suarez was better than Bale last season and he topped last season. He won't go for less than Bale. Especially now that Liverpool have CL.

When you get into that price range, you need to be "face of a club" worthy. Suarez has too much baggage -- he WILL do something really fucking dumb again at some point in the future and cause another black eye. That weighs into a transfer valuation.

Gareth Bale has the face of a smacked arse and is a diving fanny.

Suarez will be fine.

I don't agree with this thread's view on Bale at all. He's a pretty handsome dude and wears those goofy ass haircuts that all major footballers have nowadays well. Diving is not something that affects a club's ability to put your face big somewhere without making neutrals cringe a little. Suarez's teeth make his face a bit misshapen and his ears don't look like they'd be on a human. It affects his value, trust me.

Zabojnik

I played Dark Souls on PC for 20 minutes and I decided it was the worst piece of shit I've ever spent money on and turned it off. Am I doing it wrong?

That's pretty much how I felt the first time I tried it. It looked terrible, the controls seemed clunky, etc. You just need to stick with it for an hour and get the hang of it. After that ... bliss, pure bliss. I just concluded a 6 hours long DS2 session. Was planning to play for an hour or two. CAN'T FUCKING STOP.

Zab is getting my Moto G :O

Awww yisss. For an extra special discount, I'll become a Bayern FC fan until the end of the season.

LTWheels

When you get into that price range, you need to be "face of a club" worthy. Suarez has too much baggage -- he WILL do something really fucking dumb again at some point in the future and cause another black eye. That weighs into a transfer valuation.

Like previously said, better for us as it makes it easier not to sell him. It's not like we need to sell him for money anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love it when the opposition claims to be James Bond.
I don't understand, but cremino IS an Italian James Bond <3

it really is a shitty and cheap fight. You don't have to kill him, fuck him. Now PVP BABY!

Blablurn

That's pretty much how I felt the first time I tried it. It looked terrible, the controls seemed clunky, etc. You just need to stick with it for an hour and get the hang of it. After that ... bliss, pure bliss. I just concluded a 6 hours long DS2 session. Was planning to play for an hour or two. CAN'T FUCKING STOP.

Awww yisss. For an extra special discount, I'll become a Bayern FC fan until the end of the season.

lol :D

What I was wondering. Is the Moto G not available in your country?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just concluded a 6 hours long DS2 session. Was planning to play for an hour or two. CAN'T FUCKING STOP.

LITERALLY TOO INNIT WILBUR
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Meier

Like previously said, better for us as it makes it easier not to sell him. It's not like we need to sell him for money anyway.

I don't disagree. Better for Liverpool, worse for the league. Losing Bale sucked but I don't think anyone other than Liverpool fans would be sad to see Suarez go. He's a great player, but not seeing him compete weekly wouldn't be a loss like it was for Bale IMO. He feasts (har har) on poorer competition and disappears against the top clubs for the most part.

I guess PSG or Monaco could spend a shitload on him without impunity since their domestic league is so irrelevant. Madrid would absolutely have to bring his likelihood for causing them to look bad into their considerations. It was easy for Liverpool to absorb PR blows when toiling in frankly relative obscurity.

Abraxas

If not for guys like Skrtel and flanagan, bale would be comfortably the ugliest cunt in football. He has no redeeming qualities. It was cruel of Real to put him on the same pitch as isco and xabi. He looks like a retarded ape, and would continue to be considered hideous in a room containing pitbull corpses.

Suarez wouldn't fit into the system at real, but that won't stop them from trying to get him. The team who could benefit most from Suarez is probably barca, but they've already had enough scandals.

EDIT: giggs i need a medic.

Meier

Suarez is one of the most entertaining players in the league, I'd certainly be sad to see him go if he does.

I just looked through his appearances list on ESPNFC. I think I counted 6 goals against the United and above. He's a great player with the capacity for doing miraculous stuff, but he wouldn't be a loss IMO. It's not that hard to score a bunch of goals on the likes of Norwich and Villa (sorry Wes, rodvik, Awesome, etc.). I think he'll stay at Liverpool for at least another year though regardless.

Meier, I think your boner for Bale is clouding your judgement of just how freakishly good Suarez is.You think it's good for the league for Suarez to leave, because other fans dislike him as a person? He's fucking box office. Needs to score more aganist the bigger teams sure, but you could make a 5-hour long compilation of brilliant play from him this season.

Meier

If not for guys like Skrtel and flanagan, bale would be comfortably the ugliest cunt in football.

u wot, m8? He's not so bad.

_69604274_gareth_bale_mm_getty_v2.jpg

If you showed those photos to a normal person who wasn't predisposed to dislike him, they wouldn't consider him anywhere approaching ugly let alone in the same breath as Flanagan.

Meier, I think your boner for Bale is clouding your judgement of just how freakishly good Suarez is.You think it's good for the league for Suarez to leave, because other fans dislike him as a person? He's fucking box office. Needs to score more aganist the bigger teams sure, but you could make a 5-hour long compilation of brilliant play from him this season.

I don't think it's GOOD for him to leave, I just don't think he'd be a huge loss like Bale was. Bale was electric and and pulling rabbits out of his hat to win games left and right. Suarez is a constant threat to score but he doesn't do it much against top competition. I do have a mancrush on Bale though so maybe you're right.

But I'm confident that Suarez won't go for more than Bale or even Ronaldo. My reasons above are valid.

Abraxas

u wot, m8? He's not so bad.

_69604274_gareth_bale_mm_getty_v2.jpg

If you showed those photos to a normal person who wasn't predisposed to dislike him, they wouldn't consider him anywhere approaching ugly let alone in the same breath as Flanagan.

Lad, he looks like a monkey, you can't deny that:
polls_i_au_crescut_urechile_cam_mari_1223584084_2034_227385_poll_xlarge.jpeg

And it is incredible that with all that money, for his unveiling at real, in madrid, he still looks like a gobshite. Holy grail of awful, cheap hair, chav style, and a horrific face.

LTWheels

The talk of his previous misdemeanours or lack of a 'face' for the 'image', bringing down the transfer only really matters in situations where the selling club needs to sell as they lack money, or they want to get rid of the player.

A transfer is compensation of the selling club for releasing a player early from their contract. I.E. What the player is worth to the selling club for the remainder of his contract. As Liverpool don't need to sell him, and because of what he is worth to Liverpool, for the remainder of his contract, it will be difficult for the buying club to haggle down the price.

If Suarez played for a club which had money problems then it would be much easier to haggle down his price. The rumoured value of Suarez by Liverpool is meant to be a minimum of £100m. And with the Arsenal thing, John Henry has shown his ruthless streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom