• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randdalf

Oh and Nev is a fucking idiot. Keeps saying that a British manager should get the job but there's the sum total of one that is good enough to do it. There are a lot of good young British managers at Championship level, but with no PL experience. The ones in the league that do - Bruce, Allardyce, Pardew - I would argue are poorer coaches than David Moyes, and he couldn't do it.

Steve McClaren and Nigel Pearson are already on their way to Carrington.

Blablurn

10314481_668648643170397_2490208698781832559_n.jpg

Arnie

Summary of my life these past 48 hours:

- won't get to see my team win the league
+ might get to see Adam Lallana doing a one-two with Hendo

LNBL

Goddammit Matic is perfect, would be so much more confident of the CL matches if he was there to help park that bus.

matffjc2.gif

matitti6jj98.gif

Gives no shits. So strong, so manly, so very Chelsea.

This guy has evolved like crazy since his time in The Netherlands.

Also, this is going to happen!

641771.jpg

Pachimari

Tonight's match is probably one of the most important to me personally. Despite having been a madridista for more than a decade, I have never seen my team play a Champions League final live. :(

As a club we have been waiting 12 years and tonight will no doubt be emotional, especially now that we are all very hopeful going through leading with 1 goal already.

All I hope for is an away goal and that Sergio Ramos don't screw it up.

Tonight means so much, at least for me personally.

Hala Madrid.

Sometimes two

I've been at it like mad recently, trying to recapture the brilliance of actual sex. Takes me ages to jerk now

It just isn't the same

Pardon my crudeness, but your dick needs time to think.
I just had a pepperoni pizza; I don't even dare to touch myself.

pulga

Banned
Fret not, little bunny, we will avenge you

mTJv4y8.png

Be still, proud eagle, we will avenge you

ZfUipXw.png

Keep calm, humble butterfly, we will avenge you

clLAINL.png

Say no more, mighty gunners, we will avenge you

bVxSSAy.png

and you most of all, sleeping devils, we will avenge you

Zg3fLND.png

VAMOS REAL, HASTA EL FINAL!

HcwMCHU.png

Arnie

Not begrudging Chelsea's win on Sunday, it was deserved, but there were far more impressive midfielders on the pitch than Matic (and I'm a Matic fan).

Salvadora

Oh and Nev is a fucking idiot. Keeps saying that a British manager should get the job but there's the sum total of one that is good enough to do it. There are a lot of good young British managers at Championship level, but with no PL experience. The ones in the league that do - Bruce, Allardyce, Pardew - I would argue are poorer coaches than David Moyes, and he couldn't do it.
How do you know if British managers aren't good enough if you don't give them the chance?

I've always thought that Allardyce would perform better with a Real Madrid or Manchester United rather than a West Ham.

Bumhead

Banned

I agree with Nevilles core point but yeah, it's difficult to find a British manager at the moment to justify it.

Eddie Howe is going to go far in the game but Manchester United aren't going to swoop in and appoint a Bournemouth manager anytime soon.

Man U need to appoint a proven manager this summer irrespective of nationality and not just for his impact on the football team. From a business perspective as much as anything United can't give the job to another unproven manager in the hope it works.

Turok_TTZ

I am very, very nervous.

Our match against bayern will be decided on pep response and more importantly, the defensive effort from CR7 and Bale. one of those two has to drop back to defend when under pressure. what is most important for Real madrid to win this is two things: We need to score a goal or two, We absolutely must keep the 8 man defensive shape that won us the first leg. we cannot let it be 7, has to be 8. Bale or Cr7 must stay back when under attack.

Carlo says we will attack. imo, he will pull a modern catenaccio like the last leg to keep us in this tie. some idiots say we parked the bus in the first leg. to ptb, you need 10 guys in yer own box. we had an narrow, organized 8 man defense with Benz and CR7/Bale up in midfield or higher up the pitch waiting to counter attack. Pressure is on Bayern to attack, allows us to counter them more easily. We cannot afford to miss chances and we cannot afford to concede. I question whether starting CR7 and bale is a good idea. It would require one of the two to stay back and defend, neither do well tracking back.

in any case. Madrid must prevail. That fraud hipster cannot be allowed to win any further!

Meier

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-zHJvxnR54nE/U1zuidFr08I/AAAAAAAAK1o/kcosERCaeO4/s346/1389820_440863819357515_2002786699_n%25255B1%25255D%255B2%255D.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://37.media.tumblr.com/d13e340f80e8f8c59ffa238626487070/tumblr_mz7vgpiwgt1s0r3pyo2_500.jpg[IMG]

Don´t worry man, Moyes´s spirit lives on among us the madridistas, he will lead us to the holy land.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1043375/barkley-head-shake-o.gif

That second girl looks about 13.

Wilbur

Banned
I agree with Nevilles core point but yeah, it's difficult to find a British manager at the moment to justify it.

Eddie Howe is going to go far in the game but Manchester United aren't going to swoop in and appoint a Bournemouth manager anytime soon.

Man U need to appoint a proven manager this summer irrespective of nationality and not just for his impact on the football team. From a business perspective as much as anything United can't give the job to another unproven manager in the hope it works.

Agreed entirely. I really like Howe, and I love that we have a British core and I like seeing British managers do well, but let's see how he does with Bournemouth in the PL or someone else before advocating him for that position now. Moyes was arguably the best of the bunch when it came to youngish British managers, yet he failed. There has to be some obvious trepidation there that Nev is just ignoring.

Are you saying all British managers are the same?

Racist.

#WeAreAllBananas

You know this when you're really into reading something and then randomly start weirdly touching your face/arms without noticing?

Some decently hot girl just did this on the train but she played with her boob for like a minute. What a day.

Hala Madrid

jesalr

De Boer:

In an interview with NOS, De Boer said "I'm going to think about this possibility after the last league game on May 3, I'm going to talk [to them] and listen."

The Dutch football legend harshly and honestly ruled out AS Monaco as an option because he doesn't feel they're a classic enough club "Monaco means nothing to me, it's a club which has just arrived."

On what he's aiming for with a new club, De Boer said "I want to add something to a club. So that people can say they see the hand of Frank de Boer. Liverpool is a good example of this. What Brendan Rodgers is doing there now is an example."

Was probably always going to be him or MoPo. Seems like it might be De Boer.

Ultimatum

Banned
Matic played very well, but Mikel definitely deserves a mention too, very impressed with his last two performances.

can't wait for tonight

hala bayern

kmax

You know this when you're really into reading something and then randomly start weirdly touching your face/arms without noticing?

Some decently hot girl just did this on the train but she played with her boob for like a minute. What a day.

Hala Madrid

It's a sign.

ght.jpg

hala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom