• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

eh baseball is rarely nationally televised but they're raking in ridiculous amounts of money via local TV deals. if MLS can maintain grassroots support and can keep people coming to games, that's a good thing and it'll lead to better things financially down the road.

Even though MLB has more games and there will naturally be more televised games, FOX has consistent nationally televised games on the weekend and ESPN has Wednesday night and Sunday Night nationally televised MLB games.

Not a SINGLE game on a CABLE channel that English is spoken(not too big of a deal but it is an 'American' league).

1 televised game for the whole week???

jtb

Banned
Even though MLB has more games and there will naturally be more televised games, FOX has consistent nationally televised games on the weekend and ESPN has Wednesday night and Sunday Night nationally televised MLB games.

Not a SINGLE game on a CABLE channel that English is spoken(not too big of a deal but it is an 'American' league).

1 televised game for the whole week???

it's not good, I think they sold the rights for like 20 million or something, which is basically nothing. but even if it never really catches on nationally, I think MLS will be fine cashing on strong local support and that money will grow in time. the league is young, and this recent renaissance is really only a few years old. the only real threat I think the league has is that the Premier League is probably catching on even quicker than MLS is and that cannibalizes a lot of the interest.

Linius

hpNFuFe.jpg

The face of defeat

WJD

I just know I'm going to age horribly. I already look haggard at the best of times and I'm fucking 21.

EmiPrime

Could you imagine if Ba and Welbeck were our headline summer signings?

We'd be the laughing stock of the country for the second summer running.

If we had signed those two in january I think the league table would look a bit different.

I wouldn't be unhappy if they were signed this summer.

Screw it, gonna regret this
plus Daniel Callaghan has my Facebook, who the fuck is he?

JIX1BcN.jpg

Shave tomorrow or no? Got a wedding to attend in the evening.
Yes the hair will be dealt with

UFC fighters are fucking physically impressive and their techniques for knocking another human being out cold are impressive but I have a fundamentally uncomfortable feeling at my core about causing a human lasting neurological damage as a sporting objective.

"LIKE WHOA BRO HE JUST SHORTENED HIS LIFE BY 7 YEARS!!"

Slizz

UFC fighters are fucking impressive and their techniques for knocking another human being out cold are impressive but I have a fundamentally uncomfortable feeling at my core about causing a human lasting damage as a sporting objective.

Won't really know until the NFL finally figures out how to deal with it, they have a larger sample size than MMA and more money to spend on studies.

People argue that boxing is more brain damaging than UFC due to the larger gloves allowing a fighter to take more punishment without being KO'ed.

I'm not sure I like women's UFC.

It's really not that good. The champ only wins 1 way...

Wilbur

Banned
Linius please why is that picture so vertical i could stick it on my DOOR

UFC fighters are fucking impressive and their techniques for knocking another human being out cold are impressive but I have a fundamentally uncomfortable feeling at my core about causing a human lasting neurological damage as a sporting objective.

Yeah I kind of agree

but that's the risk you take when you go onto a pitch with david luiz

UFC fighters are fucking impressive and their techniques for knocking another human being out cold are impressive but I have a fundamentally uncomfortable feeling at my core about causing a human lasting neurological damage as a sporting objective.

and the United job shortened Moyes with 1 year every match, what's your point all sports are bad, especially with the amount of doping, except in arsernal.

Wilbur

Banned
Luiz is a proper nice guy, now look at Rafael that little cunt... Sometimes I fantasize about him getting a career ending injury.

Rafael fucking gets it, man #passion #glory

Love that little cunt. I will agree that he must be so easy to hate as an opposition fan :lol

all this time ive thought you were roberto baggio

my life is a lie

Roberto's retires and I start posting... I'll let you connect the dots.

That was scary so late at night.

How do you think I feel when I wake up for a Twix

Atticus, you're pretty. More hair the better.

You're a good lookin bro Atticus (no hummels)

It's the hat.

NO DONT SHAVE

keep it forever

But I'm going to a wedding where my beard will be the Bebe among the Pirlo and Gattuso's

UFC fighters are fucking physically impressive and their techniques for knocking another human being out cold are impressive but I have a fundamentally uncomfortable feeling at my core about causing a human lasting neurological damage as a sporting objective.

iECamsgQzRLqV.gif

pulga

Banned
qamMEYm.jpg

I honestly can't believe MLS is gaining popularity with this kind of TV exposure(MLS Live is a paid for service a la WWE Network/Netflix).... Guess its great that people are actually physically attending the matches instead of just watching though...

see this is what i meant

did no one tell those dumbfucks in Utah that the "Real" is meant to be "royal", not the word describing something as actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact

SMH

see this is what i meant

did no one tell those dumbfucks in Utah that the "Real" is meant to be "royal", not the word describing something as actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact

SMH

Maybe they just want to differentiate themselves from the fake salty lakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom