• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
MLS pls. Looking forward to collecting tomorrow though.

8M8OO.gif

Good news is I found my Parlay threshold. It's 5 matches.

LegoArmo

You gotta believe in yourself, dude. I know deep down, you are as beautiful as the footballer you think highly off.

And how can I say no to that handsome falla. We would welcome him with open arms here at Everton!

<3

UFC was pretty great tonight.

Fady K

Vidal for 20m? No way. Juve would not sell him, not even for higher, and rightfully so. Also, this info comes from the Sunday Mirror. Though they do list Ramires as a part of the deal alongside the cash.

John Swift and Andreas Christensen have travelled with the first team, oh boy :[

Ultimatum

Banned
yeah man utd did so well to beat the team with the worst away record in the league

i hope giggs isn't being seriously considered for the long term role

GQman2121

Banned
Are Juve shopping Vidal? Didn't he just extend with them....like...this season?

And what's the real deal with Pogba? They want to unload him too? For whom? How broke are they?

edit: Those are some sexy cuticles you've got there Beans.

Yeah I tried my hardest to hide my dirty thumbnail I know gaffers don't like that, also saw a junior get banned the other day for pointing it out lol.

Fady K

I think I really dislike the rise of Indie games.

The good thing about the rise of indie games in my opinion is it gives us a lot more variety this generation than previous gens, also at cheaper prices. Some indie games also feel so well polished I can imagine it to be a big-budget game. One example is the game Outlast, can't believe that was made by an indie team!

E8789A59E52F15C9F4A51E0A3324EDCE4507FF6F

Fady K

Does anyone actually believe that Mou will deliberately field a weakened team this afternoon?

Honestly I think it will be somewhere in between. Thing is, he has no choice on many players. Hazard is still injured and so is Eto'o. Cech is definitely out for a few months and Terry may not even be fit for the return leg of the CL semi final.

He will start Matic and Salah since they are not eligible for the CL and they are definitely not part of a "weakened squad". He'll likely start Ba or Torres up front which IMO will not help CFC one bit as they are VERY inconsistent to the point of hopelessness.

Having Schwarzer as the goalie to stop Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez, Gerrard...will be a big problem.

He will likely field Luiz at centerback which will be a weakness for CFC as he does not do well there at all anymore, otherwise he may field Kalas there who has little to no experience in the league.

Midfield, he may place Van Ginkel which would be crazy as he has not featured in the first team since he injured himself in September! He may also use Ake but that would be suicidal at Anfield IMO.

Lampard and Mikel will start due to their suspension in the 2nd leg.

His weakened team may be:

Schwarzer
Ivanovic - Luiz - Kalas - Cole
Lampard - Mikel - Matic
Oscar - Salah
Ba

No reason to start Ake or Van Ginkel when Lamoard, Mikel and Matic will not feature in the next CL game.

Edit: Oh SNAP. Mourinho hinted he may use Hilario instead of Schwarzer so he will not be risked. Hilario did not feature for Chelsea for 2 and a half seasons. This is horrible. Not looking forward to this match at ALL.

subtles

I don't think he'll go that far, Fady.

I doubt he'll field any inexperienced players in defense.

Schwarzer needs match fitness.

I don't think the line up will surprise us. Though at Madrid he did say he'll play a 4-3-3 with Pepe as a DM, which he did.

Fady K

I don't think he'll go that far, Fady.

I doubt he'll field any inexperienced players in defense.

Schwarzer needs match fitness.

I don't think the line up will surprise us. Though at Madrid he did say he'll play a 4-3-3 with Pepe as a DM, which he did.

Possibly, but his reason for likely starting Hilario is, as per the CFC website: "The Australian, our second-choice keeper, is expected to start the second leg against Diego Simeone's side on Wednesday, and the manager is wary of him picking up an injury in today's game at Liverpool, meaning Hilario could be involved for the first time since August 2011."

Walshy

Possibly, but his reason for likely starting Hilario is, as per the CFC website: "The Australian, our second-choice keeper, is expected to start the second leg against Diego Simeone's side on Wednesday, and the manager is wary of him picking up an injury in today's game at Liverpool, meaning Hilario could be involved for the first time since August 2011."
It was reported last night that Eto'o, Hazard, Terry, Torres, Luiz, Willian, Ramires & Cech all not with the Chelsea team at Formby Hall (their hotel in Liverpool).

Don't know if it's genuine but it was reported everywhere on Liverpool / Chelsea Twitter pages.

subtles

Which is the third?

Interesting. We'll find out in a few hours I guess.

#LFC have begun talks with the agent of Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette about a summer move acc to L'Equipe

pappe

It was reported last night that Eto'o, Hazard, Terry, Torres, Luiz, Willian, Ramires & Cech all not with the Chelsea team at Formby Hall (their hotel in Liverpool).

Don't know if it's genuine but it was reported everywhere on Liverpool / Chelsea Twitter pages.

#mindgames.

After the Everton loss yesterday I can see mou not caring about the league anymore, there's no way Chelsea will drop out of the top 4 now

GQman2121

Banned
Ivanovic---Cahill---Luiz---Azpilicueta

--------Matic--------Lampard---------

Salah-------Willian-------Schurrle

---------------Torres--------------

We win; Pulis finds a way to not lose; and we all sit for another week on pins as this fucked up season concludes.....

TeddyBoy

#LFC have begun talks with the agent of Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette about a summer move acc to L'Equipe

It seems he can play anywhere across the front line (so he can interchange like Rodgers likes and provide cover) and is still very young at 22.

It's a name I don't recognise so it looks like a new story as well.

I'll go with it being real and being our Aspas and Borini replacement :(

Salazar

"Ryan Giggs' managerial debut heaps pressure on Van Gaal"

According to the Mirror.

There is no point Woodward kidding himself - three more wins and Giggs will present a case for ALREADY being suitable to right the wrongs of David Moyes.

They're going to write endless shit about Giggs being poised for a takeover. Must be fucking odd to watch football, presumably enjoy it, and then write utter nonsense about it.

Salazar

The same people that wanted to keep Moyes, now want Giggs. What goes on in their shit brains?

Telegraph said:
The new manager spent much of his time at the club overhauling antiquated scouting systems and providing a huge and thoroughly modern database on players which will still be used.

It meant that, contrary to some claims, United did trust him to spend the £200 million they found for transfers this summer – and whoever succeeds him will be presented with Moyes’s targets.

Not having that. LvG will hardly have kept his mouth shut.

subtles

Yurt

Materazzi threatening to break Coutinho's legs and send him to the hospital, after a nutmeg in training, is unforgivable.

Please take responsibility for that piece of Merda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom