• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we can safely bet that Brazil is not winning thia tournament looking at that squad.

Its Germanys to loose now.

World cup winning squad? Dont think so.

More like:

------Cesar------
Marcelo-Luiz-Silva-Alves
-----Luiz Gustavo-----
-----Oscar---Paulinho
Hulk-------------Neymar
---------Fred-------

Fernandinho might start over Luiz Gustavo, but he still needs to win the position.
It's not a flashy team, then again, I wonder if there's a way better squad.

Maybe Germany or Argentina.

I thought Julio Cesar dropped in form. He looks awful each time I see him play. I take it he's not the starter for Brasil?

We need an Aston Villa miracle today. 2 penalties awarded to them sort of thing along with a Man City own goal. Believe!

Coutinho hasn't had a cap since 2010 and that was for a friendly versus Iran. Probably not a huge surprise he didn't get a call-up even if he's probably deserving. Brazil has such an insanely crowded midfield in terms of talent, it's a tough ask.

He's really fucking good. Went to Shakhtar this summer but a lot of other clubs were interested. Very, very tiny though. Valbuena-esque.

Not a surprise he is out. Just a shame tho. He had a great season.
At that exact position (MAC?) Brazil doesn't have many options.

Oscar, Coutinho, Kaka? How do you guys see William? More offensive or centered MF?

Well as expected from Felipao he always bets for people he trusts.

Felipe Luis is better than Maxwell - but Maxwell is the type of player that doesnt complain.
Alves is better than Julio Cesar - hell even if he sees Cesar as #1 Alves needs to be in the group.
Henrique for Miranda - yeah Barcelona's flop is going to the World Cup, but the guy who has been a rock for Atletico is not.
Hernanes - while a talented player has been terrible at Inter.
Hernanes, Miranda, Paulinho, Fernandihno, Luiz Gustavo, Ramires all Box to Box players, probably the least creative midfield since the 80's for la canarinha.
Up front, Jo and Fred, Fred is Felipao's bastion, but Jo? I'd taken Damiao or Moura.

• ARQUEROS » Júlio César, Jefferson, Victor.
• DEFENSORES » Dante, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Henrique, Dani Alves, Maicon, Marcelo, Maxwell.
• MEDIOCAMPISTAS » Fernandinho, Hernanes, Luiz Gustavo, Oscar, Paulinho, Ramires, Willian.
• ATACANTES » Fred, Hulk, Jo, Bernard, Neymar.

jesalr

lNN1oVt.png

3Sixty

My England squad

GK: Hart, Foster, Forster
FB: Johnson, Clyne, Baines, Shaw
CB: Cahill, Jags, Smalling, Caulker/Stones
CM: Gerrard, Henderson, Carrick, Cork
AM: Lallana, Ox, Sterling, Barkley
FW: Sturridge, Rooney, Lambert, Welbz

Meier

My England squad

Gotta be honest, I legitimately thought he was one of your young players you're always banging on about who had just signed a pro deal or something. Had no clue he was a 24 year old with 100 apps for the senior team.

3Sixty

Gotta be honest, I legitimately thought he was one of your young players you're always banging on about who had just signed a pro deal or something. Had no clue he was a 24 year old with 100 apps for the senior team.

Jack Cork is boss as fuck. I'd say he has been our best player over the last 3 seasons.

Would love to see him get a chance with England.

Marc

My England squad

Would be fairly happy with that, although Carrick and Rooney can feck off. Catterpirlo and Connor "Beast Slayer" Wickham instead.

confuziz

Banned
If you wanna see some shit football, Chelsea B (Vitesse) is going to play against Groningen in the Europa play-offs in about 20 mins.

"I turned around. Großkreutz targetedly threw the Döner in my face with great force from a very short distance. From then on, I wasn't able to see anymore, the sauce burned like hell in my eyes."

"I turned around. Großkreutz targetedly threw the Döner in my face with great force from a very short distance. From then on, I wasn't able to see anymore, the sauce burned like hell in my eyes."

Hopefully Grosskreutz recalls what was said before the throw. I have the feeling that "fan" wasnt very nice...

wedward

My England squad

Carrick and Cork over Wilshere.

Lol.

Hixx

He has had a couple good games for England. Which is more than most England players have.

What has Cork done?

Had a cracking season.

Townsend "has had a couple of good games for England" and done fuck all else this season. Would you take him over Sterling?

wedward

Had a cracking season.

Townsend "has had a couple of good games for England" and done fuck all else this season. Would you take him over Sterling?

No, but more weight should be put on how well you play for England.

This argument is pointless.

Hodg won't leave out Wilshere.

pulga

Banned
For the good of England, they shouldnt take anyone from Arsenal

Hell, make that for the good of every country who has a player at the arse

L1NETT

Hixx mate come on. Wilshere still one of the most talented midfielders in the country. If you can get him fit and firing he is a huge asset to the national side. Still shown glimpses this season to warrant at least a squad place. Far more than Carrick.

Wilshere for Carrick and i agree with 3Sixty 100% on that squad. Might have Milner for Cork. Not sure

Actually no, probably taking Jones over Smalling. I think he's a much better centre back but never gets to play there.

And of course Lewis Grabban instead of Lambert :p

For the good of England, they shouldnt take anyone from Arsenal

Hell, make that for the good of every country who has a player at the arse

0/10

I was running off the theory Jones will miss out through injury, either way, much of a muchness.

Oh shit yeah forgot about that

Hopefully they won't play major minutes either way. Got faith in Cahill and Jags to do a job

3Sixty

Hixx mate come on. Wilshere still one of the most talented midfielders in the country. If you can get him fit and firing he is a huge asset to the national side. Still shown glimpses this season to warrant at least a squad place. Far more than Carrick.

Wilshere for Carrick and i agree with 3Sixty 100% on that squad. Might have Milner for Cork. Not sure

Actually no, probably taking Jones over Smalling. I think he's a much better centre back but never gets to play there.

And of course Lewis Grabban instead of Lambert :p

I was running off the theory Jones will miss out through injury, either way, much of a muchness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom