• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned

tumblr_mugx036ksm1s0jd3ro1_500.gif

Ben Fairthorne
"One player confirmed on Van Gaals wish list for United is Hummels. He has told the club to make contact."

Horse, you might get your man.
We won't get him, but even so, he's very slow. We need someone a bit quicker.

Obviously not going to complain if the miracle did occur but I think he's been a bit over rated.

Clegg

Ben Fairthorne is a complete bullshitter.

One level above the Footballagentitk twitter accounts because he used to work for a paper. Don't believe a word he says.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
EPL truly is the greatest league in the world. Given their recent home (and just in general) forms, I'd have never imaged both Liverpool and Crystal Palace to shit the bed.

Liverpool fans gonna have to root for Everton next week lol

K1LLER7

We won't get him, but even so, he's very slow. We need someone a bit quicker.

Obviously not going to complain if the miracle did occur but I think he's been a bit over rated.
What do you think will happen with Evans if Jones is expected to be the main CB next season alongside a CB signed in the summer?

Been impressed with Garay, hope we go for him. Varane and Jones CB partnership would've been awsome :(

Lightning

Banned
Ben Fairthorne
"One player confirmed on Van Gaals wish list for United is Hummels. He has told the club to make contact."

Horse, you might get your man.
Lol. Worst Source Ever

He's claimed both Yann M'Vila and Julio Cesar to Arsenal as done deals in the past.

It's going to be pretty funny when, after all the players United has been linked to, they will end up overpaying for some rather mediocre players, as they slowly realize most players has more than one option and going to a United team not playing CL, just isn't such an attractive offer. Cavani even told Suarez to leave Liverpool because of no CL, what would make you think a player of his class, if he decides to leave PSG, won't go to one of the countless other clubs that will get a hard on and throw whatever money they have to at Cavani?

Wilbur

Banned
Two deserving POTY winners. Could make an argument for Studge over Hazard I guess.

Man, Fargo is so good. This week's, I've been laughing loads.

Omg the picture on Neymars Facebook page of him and his son with bananas and the hastag #weareallmonkeys

Amazing.

:lol

Two deserving POTY winners. Could make an argument for Studge over Hazard I guess.

Might as well give it to John Terry then. 23 years old is already pushing it.

Honestly think both Hazard and Sturridge are too old for that shit, why not nominate players that hasn't played 100 matches as a pro, like Sterling and such.

Awards are dumb, and this comes from someone that won Survivor Junior as a kid at some holiday resort.

Wilbur

Banned
Might as well give it to John Terry then. 23 years old is already pushing it.

Honestly think both Hazard and Sturridge are too old for that shit, why not nominate players that hasn't played 100 matches as a pro, like Sterling and such.

Awards are dumb.

No I agree, it should be younger. But eh.

What do you think will happen with Evans if Jones is expected to be the main CB next season alongside a CB signed in the summer?

Been impressed with Garay, hope we go for him. Varane and Jones CB partnership would've been awsome :(
Dunno. I have no idea who will be preferred at CB if Van Gaal comes. He will want us to build from the back and Evans is great on the ball, maybe he will like that. Garay is basically a better more commanding version of Evans from what I can tell. I'm not sure about defence at all really, hard to know who would be a good signing for us.

K1LLER7

Lol. Worst Source Ever

He's claimed both Yann M'Vila and Julio Cesar to Arsenal as done deals in the past.
Lol

Must have used the same source as that arsenal supporter who posted the same thing on here.

It's going to be pretty funny when, after all the players United has been linked to, they will end up overpaying for some rather mediocre players, as they slowly realize most players has more than one option and going to a United team not playing CL, just isn't such an attractive offer. Cavani even told Suarez to leave Liverpool because of no CL, what would make you think a player of his class, if he decides to leave PSG, won't go to one of the countless other clubs that will get a hard on and throw whatever money they have to at Cavani?
I don't want Cavani.

Hopefully Shaw isn't mediocre.

Firemind

Dunno. I have no idea who will be preferred at CB if Van Gaal comes. He will want us to build from the back and Evans is great on the ball, maybe he will like that. Garay is basically a better more commanding version of Evans from what I can tell. I'm not sure about defence at all really, hard to know who would be a good signing for us.

Jan Vertonghen

K1LLER7

After Vida, I would say Evans is our best CB. Hopefully we can replicate a partnership similar to Rio and Vidic's. one commanding while the other sweeps.

Looking forward to hearing what the next manager wants to do. There's a lot of work to be done. Should be a good summer.

Bruno Martins Indi

tumblr_ma530xYbl11r0le8go1_500.gif

Firemind

Nope.

You know I wouldn't mind that. He's pretty decent and can play LB too. Would be good if we could get him and another more solid CB.

Spurs won't sell him to us though.

I like the idea of us signing this guy from Schalke though. Him and Garay would be fine.

Belgium will get far in this WC. #BELIEVE

Still think Liverpool will win it, no chance city win all 3 of their games

The one thing that could affect pool is Brendan's clear panic in his post match interview, if they get into that woe is me mindset they are fucked

K1LLER7

City having Aguero back fit is a massive boost. Shame Silva is injured though.

Think if they win against Everton then the title is their's.

Clegg

United have been linked with a myriad of cm's and left backs, but no centre backs. I'm v curious to see what we have planned there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom