• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Liverpool need City to drop points.

Villa need at least a point to feel safe.

Both meet in a midweek game before final day of season.

The dream is still on.

Unfortunately we're going to get tonked

Indeed. Dont worry though we will have zero impact on the winners narrative as we plummet towards the championship.

Also the Jose quotes and gerrard gifs slayed me.

faridmon

Spiritual State is actually my favourite album of his.

Problem with Nujabes albums is the awful rappers on the production!

Some of them are actually quite good. Shing02, Uyama Hiroto and Funky DL are quite impressive in their collaboration, but you are sort of right, the instrumental ones are the best.

My favourite albums are the Samurai Champloo ones, Departure and Impressions.

Some of them are actually quite good. Shing02, Uyama Hiroto and Funky DL are quite impressive in their collaboration, but you are sort of right, the instrumental ones are the best.

My favourite albums are the Samurai Champloo ones, Departure and Impressions.

I never liked Shing02. I felt he was the worst rapper that featured on his music. Substantial, Funky DL, and Cise Starr were all good though.

sohois

I thought Everton would really have to get something for City to lose it, but I was thinking their last game was against Cardiff. Changed my mind somewhat when I saw it was West Ham.

Liverpool's Aguero moment is coming, I can just see it. Last minute, one goal needed, Stewart Downing wips it in for Andy Carroll and Kenny's dream is realised.

GQman2121

Banned
Hazard has now won Young Player of the Year three times in the last four years. That's...that's...not right.

Sterling for me. He's been instrumental to LFC's run in 2014 and should start at the WC with Sturridge.

Hazard has now won Young Player of the Year three times in the last four years. That's...that's...not right.

Sterling for me. He's been instrumental to LFC's run in 2014 and should start at the WC with Sturridge.

Those awards are shit. I can't believe Bale won the player of the year award in 2011. Nani deserved it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Barca GAF :lol

I used to scroll down their posts now I'm skipping pages of their drivel ffs :lol :lol

pulga

Banned
Fuck off to the GoT thread, the Americans are there.

littlefinger-deal-with-it.gif

tri_willy

:lol the comments

RAWK are even better. Mou has turned them into "playing the game the right way" Arsenal fans.

sal pls, i may not have liked the tactics that mou used, but in the end he got the result that he desired and we couldnt cope with that.

i suspect other teams will come up with similar tactics being deployed if they want to stop us. hope brentan has something figured out to shoot down these buses... or proverbially hit a parking bus with a "bus that couldnt slow down"

Salazar

sal pls, i may not have liked the tactics that mou used, but in the end he got the result that he desired and we couldnt cope with that.

Aye. Liverpool looked dangerous here and there, but generally knackered. Glen Johnson's got to go. And coming up to CL and trying to make a top 4 place stick is going to put one hell of a squeeze on resources. Even if you do have a cracking summer window.

Schürrle was pretty fucking good. Few moments where he let himself down, but I like him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dani Alves LOOOL what a boss!

-

Vidal is in the squad for Sassuolo. Which means we're either gambling with his knee injury or he doesn't require surgery after all.

I hope it's the later because I'd hate to see him miss the World Cup.

Materazzi “I think in a career 90 per cent of it is hard work, hunger, desire and coming from the streets. Those who come from the streets rarely fall back down.”

Your father is a rich football coach you spunkbubble.

Salazar

Class of 92 is decent.

The bit where Phil Neville is juggling it, manages a trick, and he grins and does a thumbs up to the camera - fucking :lol

Lightning

Banned
If I was Aston Villa owner I would sack Paul Lambert at the end of the season regardless of survival. It's bullshit they are in their current situation.

Now they have Hull, City and Spurs which are 3 hard games to save their season. Fulham's games are winnable, Cardiff are in the shit, Nowrich are really in the shit and Sunderland are in excellent form and aside from United at Old Trafford have winnable games, could even surprise United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gerrad's slip reminds me of Buffon's error two years ago. It also happened on the 36th round, and on the 85th minute :( we were only ONE point ahead of Ibra's Milan.

Capitano cheering him up straight after his error. <3 He couldn't sleep that night :(

Federico Fernandez &#8220;Gonzalo Higuain and I will show Javier Mascherano some photos of Naples and aim to convince him to join Napoli.&#8221;

I hope one of them is a picture of the league table.

Wish yesterday would fall into a black hole, never to be thought of or spoken about again. Not really pissed off, but spent the last 16 hours with Gerrard's slip playing over ad over again at the back of my mind.

Fucked it, good and proper. What a depressing way for Lolerpool to return :(

Salazar

Phil Neville being a super Christian (and hence Moyes confidant) comes over in the doco.

Roy Keane missing the CL final was "God's way of saying..."

Nar, mate. If there is an Almighty, he doesn't communicate through Roy Keane.

Blablurn

Wish yesterday would fall into a black hole, never to be thought of or spoken about again. Not really pissed off, but spent the last 16 hours with Gerrard's slip playing over ad over again at the back of my mind.

Don't worry. That's football. We had 1999 and 2012. But success will always come back at some point. Don't worry. Season is not over yet anyway. Stay optimistic.

Lightning

Banned

Feel for Gerrard. Hopefully that instance doesn't decide the title race. He deserves better than that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hitcher you guys are still first you pussy

you're banned from Dark Souls until you grow (back) a pair

I remember the cheers on San Siro when that happened, as Milan was also playing.

I'm going to cry, Yurt. That was only 2 years ago :((((((

that should cheer you up actually ;) and we were effectively a midtable team a year prior. A solid transfer window or two with Gold tie and you'll be up there again in no time. Milan is too big to stay down.

Shit, just read up on the episode

fuck off to the GoT thread.

Yen

Ugh, feel like I've caught a dose of something, a bit flu-y. My entire face hurts. Don't want to face the world.
Plus, I can't close my eyes without seeing Gerrard slip.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ugh, feel like I've caught a dose of something, a bit flu-y. My entire face hurts. Don't want to face the world.
Plus, I can't close my eyes without seeing Gerrard slip.

I hope your timeline is flooded with Gerrard memes

sohois

If I was Aston Villa owner I would sack Paul Lambert at the end of the season regardless of survival. It's bullshit they are in their current situation.

Now they have Hull, City and Spurs which are 3 hard games to save their season. Fulham's games are winnable, Cardiff are in the shit, Nowrich are really in the shit and Sunderland are in excellent form and aside from United at Old Trafford have winnable games, could even surprise United.

Villa are safe. There is no permutation I can see in which 2 teams below them overtake them. Even assuming Villa get no points from their next 3 games it still seems quite unlikely.

As you mention, Norwich and Cardiff are in a hopeless situation and are never getting the wins they need. Meanwhile, though Fulham do have easier games, they have to win both to overhaul Villa and why anyone would expect that to happen when they are one of the worst teams in the league?

Sunderland could overtake them, but it would probably need a big goal difference swing even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom