• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea deserved to be in the team of the year. He was flawless this season apart from the Sunderland cup match. No errors. Don't really care about all the other stats as they all depend on how good your back 4 is.

ddg.jpg

I hope the United fans vote him as Player of the Year over Rppmey. He deserves it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Gea deserved to be in the team of the year. He was flawless this season apart from the Sunderland cup match. No errors. Don't really care about all the other stats as they all depend on how good your back 4 is.
Wait, De Gea wasn't the GK of the season? That's so odd.
Not yet. ;-)

Nah, it's okay, I'll keep GoT out of this thread.

post whatever you want man, but at least wait for the Europeans to watch it first. :p

subtles

You know the irony? A few hours after the game we had a footy match that went exactly the same way. We scored a good while in, placed everyone in the box and nicked a second just before the end.

Just because we wanted to.

The opposition were in tears throughout.

That formation. Organization. Resilience.

I guess I can forgive Mourinho.

Lightning

Banned
Villa are safe. There is no permutation I can see in which 2 teams below them overtake them. Even assuming Villa get no points from their next 3 games it still seems quite unlikely.

As you mention, Norwich and Cardiff are in a hopeless situation and are never getting the wins they need. Meanwhile, though Fulham do have easier games, they have to win both to overhaul Villa and why anyone would expect that to happen when they are one of the worst teams in the league?

Sunderland could overtake them, but it would probably need a big goal difference swing even then.
Well the Villa and Sunderand have a -17 and a -20 goal difference respectively. One could easily see City having a field day against that Villa defence. Against Swansea their defence was absolutely shocking. I expect them to stay up, by 1 point or 2 but the fact they are in this position is damning on Lambert. There's really no excuse for it, they performing worse than last season and they were crap then too.

Norwich were 5 points clear of relegation when they sacked Hughton so they sack an experienced manager and put this new guy in charge knowing their run in was hard as fuck? That screams stupid to me. Cardiff sacked Mackay, who was doing not bad, after making his job hellish in the months leading up to his dismissal so they are getting what they deserve imo. And Ole is doing a poor job, Cardiff no longer know how to defend... Poor Marshall getting target practiced every game and he's one of the rare Cardiff players who can hold their head up as he's done well.

Mascot

Had a weird dream last night that I was on a coach going to a ski resort and the driver stops in the middle of a field. I go to the front to ask him what's happening and it's fucking Maureen driving. Punched him in the face and woke up.

Felt good.

No psychiatrist needed to interpret THAT one.

Zabojnik

Del Piero leaves Sydney FC. Come back home, Alex!

BmStyboCEAEW9AL.jpg

Australia, the moment has arrived to say "arrivederci". My adventure with Sydney FC is about to be concluded, and, even if it makes me rather sad, because I have had wonderful time here, I have communicated my decision to the club. I'm really grateful for the last two years and for the club’s request for me to remain and with whom, I am happy to explore new opportunities to continue our relationship. It hasn't been an easy choice, also because my life on and off the pitch has been fantastic, my family and I have really enjoyed these two wonderful years: Australia will remain in our hearts forever.

I've come to know and love this fabulous country, even though I have lived on the opposite side of the world, right from the first day, you made me feel "at home". For this I cannot be more grateful to anyone, above all to my supporters, not only those of Sydney FC, all of whom have always shown me their love and respect, in all the cities of Australia.

Together we have managed to do so much, it's enough just to think about the training camp in Jesolo, the first experience of this kind for an Australian team; this is an excellent point from which to make a new start, and even more so the support of our Sky Blues fans, constantly growing and ever closer to the team, so much so that in these two seasons the record attendances for the stadium have been rewritten. Now is the right moment to simply say "thank you" to everyone.

My greatest satisfaction is the rapid growth of the Australian football movement, with interest increasing incredibly for the public, television and sponsors, in this country, considered to be an undisputed role model in the world of sportive culture (both for athletes and spectators), the passion for this sport , that I love so much, is constantly growing.

I will remain a bit "Australian", and will continue to be close to the football movement in this country and the Australian Football Federation, also as ambassador of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, that will take place right here next year.

The moment has arrived to make some changes. I am well aware that I have given a lot and received even more. Now I just need some time to think over all the prospective opportunities for my future.I would like to thank once again, the owner of Sydney FC Mr. David Traktovenko, the chairman Mr. Scott Barlow and his wife Alina, all of the staff and directors at the club, my team-mates, the technical staff, all of the supporters, this fabulous city and this wonderful country: arrivederci, Australia!

See ya mates

With love, Ale.

Jack cw

I don't have hope. And I know we won't make it. But it's all about the support. It's not much to ask for.
If Vince Carter can score in the last second, so can Müller. If Gerrard can fuck up Liverpool's victory, so can Ronaldo.
This is how it has to be, and I'm going to support Bayern but I can't see us succeeding, there is no way we can turn this around. Too many things are against us and simply wrong. Even if the impossible should happen, and we make it to the final, we will be exposed there. I have a bad gut feeling for tomorrow and I think I'm going to play some Dark Souls 2 PVP tommorrow evening.

Blablurn

This is how it has to be, and I'm going to support Bayern but I can't see us succeeding, there is no way we can turn this around. Too many things are against us and simply wrong. Even if the impossible should happen, and we make it to the final, we will be exposed there. I have a bad gut feeling for tomorrow and I think I'm going to play some Dark Souls 2 PVP tommorrow evening.

well you had a good gut feeling last weeks. i guess there is a chance after all :p

Zabojnik

It's happening Zabo isn't it

he's come back home

our prayers has been answered

there is a God after all (ignoring Stevie's slip last night)

I can't breathlrejktljksd

I don't see him getting involved with Juve's management (or whatever role he'd get) so soon, honestly. Probably wants to enjoy himself and his family for a few years.

Jack cw

well you had a good gut feeling last weeks. i guess there is a chance after all :p

That would be great. My predictions are nearly as wrong as Patchers but anyway, it will be funny to read what German media is writing if Bayern gets knocked out and how they blame Pep.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Maybe Everton will not show up against City :3

Maybe dreams come true

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Glad he enjoyed himself. Classy bloke. Anyone else would have thrown quite a few punches, what with how much he got kicked.
<3<3.

We're not worthy of such capitano. Capitano Phillips would have been more like it.
Still in campaign, but I'm a bit tired of it.
Knight/Blue Sentinels/68 lvl.
Heh, you hunt my kind down. Or at least try ;p

darksoulsii10_thumb1.jpg

I don't see him getting involved with Juve's management (or whatever role he'd get) so soon, honestly. Probably wants to enjoy himself and his family for a few years.
Ale is too nice too, at least Pavel can be ruthless sometimes:

*2010- 2011*&#8220;The team have gone missing,&#8221; said Nedved. &#8220;We made ourselves heard in the newspapers more than on the field of play.

&#8220;We weren&#8217;t lacking just a bit of character, but all of it.

&#8220;The new players haven&#8217;t understood what it means to play in this shirt, while the older players have forgotten.&#8221;

I'll be supporting Madrid for CL. Ronaldo deserves his CL.

And Bale too, reading how much a better buy Bale is compared to Neymar after all said and done would be fun.

Well, he has been a much better buy already too.

Blablurn

I respect everyones hate. It's good that we have different opinions. Thats what makes football so great. I still hope that the neutrals are going to give us major support tmw <3 I'm thankful for it.

Is there any EPL supporter in here that actually supports Bayern tomorrow?
You all want la decima to happen?

Yes, why not?

It's not like Bayern are CL underdogs either, having won it 4 times. I just like the way Real Madrid plays this season, so they have my vote.

Also because I'm a big CR7 fan.

The Independent thinks there's a bandwagon forming around the Giggs managerial claim so LvG wants to sort things out quickly.

Personally, I can't see any way Giggs gets the job. It'll be too like the Moyes appointment.

Don't think Giggs has a chance in hell tbh.

Glazers won't allow it.

From a post match interview it sounds very much like Giggs has admitted he's not ready for the job either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom