• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did enjoy it! And there's a decent game in there somewhere. But define fun? It was trying to be an AAA game and it failed miserably IMO. Maybe it could've been better with 4 players and better bosses, I don't know.

I liked Ninja Blade because it was fucking stupid and knew exactly what it was supposed to be, a game for baboons.

Combat was fun, I really liked how the attack system was controlled using the analogue stick. I would say I'm surprised that's not caught on, but then hardly anyone played it.

I thought the enemies were fun to fight, and the class system was decent. Loot system as well. I really enjoy it playing coop and I don't think it would have scaled well with four players. Bosses weren't gr8 m8 but all considered I think there was potential there for a sequel. You're right that it should never have been a triple A game.

Blablurn

if pep wears his pink jacket you know shit is going down

BmTG9vCCcAE8j7Q.png:large

LTWheels

Moyes getting sacked and Liverpool fucking it up would be such a sweet way to end this awful season.

Scouse bastards are gonna do it though, aren't they.

Nope City will easily win their last 3 games.

We fucked it up. We needed at least a draw to be a point ahead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Combat was fun, I really liked how the attack system was controlled using the analogue stick. I would say I'm surprised that's not caught on, but then hardly anyone played it.

I thought the enemies were fun to fight, and the class system was decent. Loot system as well. I really enjoy it playing coop and I don't think it would have scaled well with four players. Bosses weren't gr8 m8 but all considered I think there was potential there for a sequel. You're right that it should never have been a triple A game.

Me too! It was brilliant really. But the animation, and how the character was simply floating around from one enemy to another looked awful (and at times comical) :lol

Saving the good stuff for the sequels was a mistake, you can't spend 60 million+ on a game and hold back. Just throw the coolest Norse mythology Gods in one game and call it a day.

Moyes getting sacked and Liverpool fucking it up would be such a sweet way to end this awful season.

Scouse bastards are gonna do it though, aren't they.

Don't think City will fuck it up from here. They've got all of their best players back bar Silva.

Everything looks a little brighter after last week.

3Sixty

Boys boys boys.

I'm so fucking excited.

There is a kebab shop 2 mins away from my house that sells PARMOS.

HOW THE FUCK DID I NOT KNOW THIS.

Fucking Fortuna Düsseldorf?

u wot m8

When's the last time you've been to Cologne?
Disgusting city with an insane ring-road lay out made probably by a mental asylum patient scribbled in shit inside a cave. Filled with the most vulgar people I've ever seen in my life mostly consisting of smackheads, probably already sterile roided up mongs looking for a fight at every corner and people so full of themselves thinking, they can befriend you as soon as they open their mouth and start slurring in that strange tongue of them, resembeling a drunk seal burping the alphabet, and buy you a beer.
Already pissed off at that point it turns out their beer is a disgusting moldy pine of piss, that everybody, except for maybe Americans who drink something closer to ApfelSchürrle than beer, would call a grave insult. They call it Kölsch.

So yeah. Fortuna Düsseldorf rather than Effzeh "already planning for Champions League title 2015/2016" Köln.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
DerZuhälter;109781344 said:

LOOOOOL

OT20 " When's the last time you've been to Cologne? Disgusting city with an insane ring-road lay out made probably by a mental asylum patient scribbled in shit inside a cave. Filled with the most vulgar people I've ever seen in my life mostly consisting of smackheads, probably already sterile roided up mongs looking for a fight at every corner and people so full of themselves thinking, they can befriend you as soon as they open their mouth and start slurring in that strange tongue of them, resembeling a drunk seal burping the alphabet, and buy you a beer. Already pissed off at that point it turns out their beer is a disgusting moldy pine of piss, that everybody, except for maybe Americans who drink something closer to ApfelSchürrle than beer, would call a grave insult. They call it Kölsch. "

Wes Ham pls

Carbonox

Disgusting city with an insane ring-road lay out made probably by a mental asylum patient scribbled in shit inside a cave. Filled with the most vulgar people I've ever seen in my life mostly consisting of smackheads, probably already sterile roided up mongs looking for a fight at every corner and people so full of themselves thinking, they can befriend you as soon as they open their mouth and start slurring in that strange tongue of them, resembeling a drunk seal burping the alphabet, and buy you a beer.
Already pissed off at that point it turns out their beer is a disgusting moldy pine of piss, that everybody, except for maybe Americans who drink something closer to ApfelSchürrle than beer, would call a grave insult. They call it Kölsch.

So yeah. Fortuna Düsseldorf rather than Effzeh "already planning for Champions League title 2015/2016" Köln.

:lol :lol

fack

Blablurn

Well, i study at the University of Cologne. I know that everything is shit there. The club, the people, the city. Dirty and ugly. I really adore Düsseldorf and Bonn. Way more beautiful cities.

so i totally agree with your hate.

kmax

Plug, if Chelsea makes it to final, we might start such a campaing as football cant die another time with this shit wall tactics. Whoever makes it between Real and Bayern should be supported in the final. Football needs to be alive.

I agree.

Fuck that buss.

still love you mou!

Feorax

I do worry somewhat that if we don't win the title this year, Gerrard won't ever mentally recover from it. The fact that it was him that blew it will be far worse than us never even coming close.

There were rumours he might retire at the end of the season if we won it. If there was any truth in that at all, then he almost certainly will now if we blow it.

Jack cw

Bayern presser:

Robben:
- "Madrid will arrive with confidence, they played a great season so far but they know they come to Munich and it wont be easy. We promise it wont be easy for them."

- "We will give all we have tomorrow, but we need the support of our fans. We will play with self confidence at home."

Alaba:
- "We need Fracnk Ribery. He showed his skills against Bremen on Saturday."

- "We want to reach the final and do everything it takes to make it to Lisbon."

- "I've yet have to see a bad game of Philipp Lahm." Asked about if he is better in midfield or as full back.

- "We saw the atmosphere a year ago when we palyed Barca in Allianz Arena. Hell will break lose tomorrow if the fans create it again."

Pep:
- "I know Ancelotti and they wont only defend. They will go for a goal but we have great palyers too and could wait to score if neccesary."

- "They are incredibly fast and we have to close the gaps immediately if we lose the ball in their half. I need to have options and be prepared to any situations."

- "Ribery is important. He was angry about his performances and got his agressiveness back and will show a class performance. He is one of the best palyers in Bayerns history."

- "Not sure if Lahm plays on the wing or in midfield. Depends on small details in the last training session."

- "I try to get out the best of the squad. You have to live with critics but we lost the first leg, so not everything we have done there was good."

- "I thought about it (being more aggressive in Mardid's box) and we need more power in there but that means being more vulnerable to counters."

- "If a team has lost in all the statistics but won the match, then they had done many things right. We had more possession, corners, etc. but didnt make something out of this."

- "Three years ago, this would have been a great season, but after what happened last year, getting knocked out would lead to a disappointing season."

- "We can't make it alone. We need the fans. Madrid had a great support from their fans in Bernabeu but I'm sure Allianz Arena will burn. They want to get to the final too."

Go_Ly_Dow

I won't support Bayern and I dont see eye to eye with Madrid all the time either....

However I will support our lord and saviour CR7. Blessed is he with the foot of god. Amen.

Jack cw

I want to believe.

After this presser, I'm not so sure what to think. It sounds like they dont really believe in their selves and ask for fan support instead of simply stating "Mia san mia". Has Bayern ever turned a KO game around when they lost the first leg?

Gambit

After this presser, I'm not so sure what to think. It sounds like they dont really believe in their selves and ask for fan support instead of simply stating "Mia san mia". Has Bayern ever turned a KO game around when they lost the first leg?

Asking for fan support is probably just a way to get the media & annoyed fans off their back and let them work in peace.

What I did like was Pep saying we could theoretically play for the counter as well and give Real a bit more of the ball.

In any case, I'm still only clinging to hope.

im sorry but italy in 06 were a fukin disgrace. they created nothing from open play and then worst of all a defender win ballondor. a year to forget 06

actually i can and i do. arsenal fans are a joke, they keep paying the highest money for tickets yet complain when their board doesnt sign players. vote with your money

OMG first the attacking football is a lazy type of football post and now this.

I do worry somewhat that if we don't win the title this year, Gerrard won't ever mentally recover from it. The fact that it was him that blew it will be far worse than us never even coming close.

There were rumours he might retire at the end of the season if we won it. If there was any truth in that at all, then he almost certainly will now if we blow it.
I'd be amazed if he did in either scenario.

He's not that old and he can still play at this level. Sure he could go out at the top but there's still a couple of years in him. Makes no sense to call it quits now when you're building a good team and back in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom