• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

what arsenal should get:

- central forward
- two central midfielders (flamini and arteta, please go)
- right back (sagna's gone)
- two centre backs (vermaelen's hopefully gone)

what arsenal will end up getting:

Hixx

Holy fuck I finally killed the Pursuer. That fight took forever, had to be absolutely perfect with my rolling, I was at 50% hp the whole time and not willing to use an effigy since I'm sure I'll need them later when the game is harder.

Also my build is absolute fucking garbage. I started out as a bandit but the only bow I've found is a shit ass short bow. My favorite weapon I've gotten is a lightning dmg sword some knight dropped after I accidentally hit him and he fought back.

I know it's useless info now
OR IS IT
but hugging and circle strafing to the right of his shield is infinitely easier than rolling against the Pursuer.

--

Poyet wants to re-sign "three or four" of the out-of-contract players. Only two are worth offering new deals imo, though Ustari showed himself a capable deputy in the FA Cup.

If Bardsley and Gardner are here next season I will cry.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Be sad to see him go, but it's probably for the best. Could see him going back to Brazil and making a name for himself there to get a second shot at the NT.

Suddenly makes those Javi Martinez rumours much more interesting.

EDIT: Nevermind

Injuries have basically turned him into a shambling corpse over the past year.

Blablurn

ay5AMP8_460s_v1.jpg

BBC Sport's Simon Stone: "Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick will not be in the 23-man England World Cup squad when it is announced by Roy Hodgson later today."

England's 7 man stand-by list:

Andy Carroll (West Ham)
John Stones (Everton)
John Ruddy (Norwich)
Jermain Defoe (Toronto)
Tom Cleverley (Man Utd) (lol)
John Flanaghan (Liverpool)

GorillaJu

God, I fucking hated that fight. It's not one of the most active summon spots for nothing. As Yurt said, be sure to get access to the secret bonfire behind the cracked wall.

You can run straight to that boss without fighting anyone. When you go through the door, avoid the Knights by going down the flight of stairs, along the corridor and then up the ladder.

Yeah that's the first wall in the game. Terrible and frustrating fight.

Did you find the bonfire behind the cracked wall? It's closer to the boss.

Brilliant ahahah

Yeah I opened the bonfire near the dwarf blacksmith.

When I first found that ladder shortcut there was a soldier at the top of the stairs. Seems like he'd make it impossible to take the shortcut. I guess though that reduces the amount of enemies killed from 9-ish to 5 or so.

I'm going minimal in terms of advice and info, but I would like to ask - is it worth it to upgrade weapons I've found with Titanite? I don't want to be stuck later on with a weapon I really like and be unable to upgrade it because I've used up all the Titanite I have access to. My strongest weapon is a plain Falchion, could probably do with some reinforcement.

Was thinking of waiting for a weapon with A-level Dex scaling though - Katana-style swords always had high-dex requirements in DeS so I'm hoping I'll come across one with good Dex scaling. I'm also holding onto all of the boss souls too. Don't want to miss out on good gear, like the godly Lava Bow which required the Armor Spider's soul in DeS.

phaze

Is it just me or is £27m a ludicrous amount for Shaw? One for the future sure but considering the nearness of that to what they paid for Mata.

Also hi, I was going to pop in here when I started posting around the boards but was too afraid.
e5013525.gif

Welcome ! Have fun :) Any team you're cheering for ?

I hope we get one or two players in before the WC starts, not really looking likely tho :(

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

A circa 20 mln striker and two Kallstrom like signings for defense/midfield is all I think we will get.

Salvadora

27m isn't crazy, considering how sought after a player he is. It's risky, but United have done well by overpaying for the biggest English talents in the past (Ferdinand, Rooney, Jones may end up in this category). When they're so obviously as good as Luke Shaw is, someone in the PL is going to pick them up, and United have always been diligent about being there with the biggest bid.
Eh.

Hixx

When I first found that ladder shortcut there was a soldier at the top of the stairs. Seems like he'd make it impossible to take the shortcut. I guess though that reduces the amount of enemies killed from 9-ish to 5 or so.

I'm going minimal in terms of advice and info, but I would like to ask - is it worth it to upgrade weapons I've found with Titanite? I don't want to be stuck later on with a weapon I really like and be unable to upgrade it because I've used up all the Titanite I have access to. My strongest weapon is a plain Falchion, could probably do with some reinforcement.

Was thinking of waiting for a weapon with A-level Dex scaling though - Katana-style swords always had high-dex requirements in DeS so I'm hoping I'll come across one with good Dex scaling. I'm also holding onto all of the boss souls too. Don't want to miss out on good gear, like the godly Lava Bow which required the Armor Spider's soul in DeS.

There is a secret shortcut to that boss.

To open it go the usual way but when you are on about the room with the knights and the stairs, go right to the bottom of this area. There is a door - open it but don't go through it. Seems to be a dead-end but it's not.

From the blacksmith bonfire, go up the staircase and take the first right. Kill the dog and to the left if you look down, you will see that open door. Lets you bypass all of those knights - getting down isn't that hard, just line it up and sprint.

GorillaJu

There is a secret shortcut to that boss.

To open it go the usual way but when you are on about the room with the knights and the stairs, go right to the bottom of this area. There is a door - open it but don't go through it. Seems to be a dead-end but it's not.

From the blacksmith bonfire, go up the staircase and take the first right. Kill the dog and to the left if you look down, you will see that open door. Lets you bypass all of those knights - getting down isn't that hard, just line it up and sprint.

Nice. I'll try that out. Aaaahhh I remember opening that door. So it's entrance, not just a suicide hole. Excellent.

Danchi

John Stones being back-up over Curtis Davies is crazy to me. In fact, I'd take the latter over Phil Jones or Chris Smalling.

I would like to see Gareth Barry in the squad, too, since we don't really have any other defensive midfielders around at the moment.

The Luke Shaw fee seems way too much to me, but that's mostly because I'm way behind the times with this stuff. In my mind, £30M buys you one of the best guys in the world, but in reality it's like an average signing for a top-four club these days.

I do think the £27m fee for Shaw is quite high. Not because I doubt his potential or talent or anything like that…just not sure full backs are as crucial to the team as players in other positions are. We paid similar fee’s for Rooney and Ferdinand but they have been so integral to the team.

Anyway, I’m not too fussed. He is brilliant and we would be locking down a position for a long time if we can get it done.

£80k-£100k for wages is a pretty sizable amount to give to a player his age. Fortunately we can afford it, not totally comfortable doing it but it was always going to take a big financial offer. I don’t think it’s totally insane on reflection. Wages are inflating across the board and when you pay a fee as big as that the player will expect wages relative to it.

Zabojnik

Just so you know, Odd. Enemies don't respawn forever in DS2. Once you've killed them twelve times or so, they stop respawning. This was done to prevent excessive soul farming. It also helps in cases like yours, when you just want to get to the tough boss without having to deal with normal filth on the way there.

I take it you're going with a melee build? Falchion is boss. Don't worry about upgrading it or any other 'basic' weapon. For up to +3 all you need is the normal Titanite, which you'll find plenty of going forward. Even Large Titanite, which will upgrade your weapon from +3 to +6, is pretty common. Titanite Chunk and Titanite Slab ... yeah, those you should save for higher-tier weapons.

As for holding on to boss souls ... You can trade them for some pretty good stuff later on, but nothing too amazing or that much better than some of the other weapons you'll find later in the game. At least from what I've seen so far. (NG+ boss souls are a different matter.) Still, you should save them and see what you like, when you'll find the trader(s).

Apparently, Chelsea, City and United are in for Sagna who has told Arsenal he's leaving

Lazy journalism, why are we going to spend £80k+ a week on Sagna when we have have Azpilicueta and Ivanovic who are both younger and on cheaper wages? Im not going to make any specific comments on his quality but ultimately, I don't see what a 31 year old on high wages has to offer a club with two younger players (admittedly Branna is 30 having just checked) on less wages, who take FFP into serious consideration and one of whom I think will be one of the best full backs in the world in the not too distant future.

For what its worth, I think he would be a decent signing for United, even if only a short-term one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom