• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

I think I've reached the point now where I just would like to disappear.

i wish i'd pursued a career as a footballer. i genuinely was a good dribbler. could've made it at some small club.

imagine how awesome life as a footballer is. you wake up, go to the club, train for an hour or two. go home. maybe play a game of football in the weekend, maybe sit the entire game out on the bench or stands. either way, you earn a lot of money. never have to worry about anything. get to travel a lot. make kids happy with an autograph.

and yet here i am
posting in a football thread
on a videogame message board

why have i not committed seppuku already, i wonder.

Apparently, Chelsea, City and United are in for Sagna who has told Arsenal he's leaving

Lazy journalism, why are we going to spend £80k+ a week on Sagna when we have have Azpilicueta and Ivanovic who are both younger and on cheaper wages? Im not going to make any specific comments on his quality but ultimately, I don't see what a 31 year old on high wages has to offer a club with two younger players (admittedly Branna is 30 having just checked) on less wages, who take FFP into serious consideration and one of whom I think will be one of the best full backs in the world in the not too distant future.

For what its worth, I think he would be a decent signing for United, even if only a short-term one.

He's an Arsenal player. They tend to win titles when leaving Arsenal. Consider him as a lucky charm.

WJD

i wish i'd pursued a career as a football. i genuinely was a good dribbler. could've made it at some small club.

imagine how awesome life as a footballer is. you wake up, go to the club, train for an hour or two. go home. maybe play a game of football in the weekend, maybe sit the entire game out on the bench or stands. either way, you earn a lot of money. never have to worry about anything. get to travel a lot. make kids happy with an autograph.

and yet here i am
posting in a football thread
on a videogame message board

why have i not committed seppuku already, i wonder.

life as a football would indeed be so much simpler

GorillaJu

Just so you know, Odd. Enemies don't respawn forever in DS2. Once you've killed them twelve times or so, they stop respawning. This was done to prevent excessive soul farming. It also helps in cases like yours, when you just want to get to the tough boss without having to deal with normal filth on the way there.

I take it you're going with a melee build? Falchion is boss. Don't worry about upgrading it or any other 'basic' weapon. For up to +3 all you need is the normal Titanite, which you'll find plenty of going forward. Even Large Titanite, which will upgrade your weapon from +3 to +6, is pretty common. Titanite Chunk and Titanite Slab ... yeah, those you should save for higher-tier weapons.

As for holding on to boss souls ... You can trade them for some pretty good stuff later on, but nothing too amazing or that much better than some of the other weapons you'll find later in the game. At least from what I've seen so far. (NG+ boss souls are a different matter.) Still, you should save them and see what you like, when you'll find the trader(s).

Thanks. That's very helpful. Gonna take my Falchion to +3 for now, hopefully find a Katana later on.

Barzul

Apparently Italian media is saying Arsenal is scuppering Juventus deal for Sanchez by offering 9m euros more. Hope we can get him would be wonderful on our left flank.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*DS knowledge bombs*

YES MANCINI

tumblr_n5397zey9r1rtobfgo9_250.gif

Randdalf

Apparently Italian media is saying Arsenal is scuppering Juventus deal for Sanchez by offering 9m euros more. Hope we can get him would be wonderful on our left flank.

Arsenal are apparently in for Pedro and Sanchez after they buy a DM and a Striker.

Which means they'll eventually just end up signing a young technical attacking player from some tier 3 French club and Kim Kallstrom's lower back.

Jack cw

Drmic to Leverksuen. Contract until 2019.
Good for Leverkusen. Wonder if he will play behind Kießling.
Reconstruction of the #SüdSüdSüdkurve is underway!
they will change the southern stand into a standing area. from the left corner flag to the right.
Chances are that we finally get some atmosphere inside the stadium. Hate to say it but Signal Iduna Park has the best standing area in Europe and the atmosphere is incredible.

Blablurn

Good for Leverkusen. Wonder if he will play behind Kießling.

Chances are that we finally get some atmosphere inside the stadium. Hate to say it but Signal Iduna Park has the best standing area in Europe and the atmosphere is incredible.

I think the Südkurve was pretty good this year. Cannot complain at all. But i'm sure its going to be even better next year.

Wondering how we play on Saturday.

---------------Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba

--------Martinez - Kroos

Robben - Müller - Götze

--------------Pizarro

And Thiago comes on in the second half.

confuziz

Banned
Is there anything better than the Requiem for a dream OST (not just a single song but the entire soundtrack)?

Social Network comes close imo...

Horseress

My prediction for next season is Chelsea FINALLY bring in a striker. That striker then goes on to score about 9 league goals.

Brace ourselves, Diego Costa is coming

btw, England's Roy Hodgson will announce the squad that will be going to the WC in the next minutes, you can watch it here

EDIT: lol beaten to the ground

QUOTE=Salvadora;111617065]Tesco's £3 meal deal ain't bad. Do a nice Duck wrap.[/QUOTE]
Yh the duck in hoisin sauce is amazing. Stock up when I do allnighters at my units library which is too often.

On topic the squad looks good shame jay Rodriguez got injured he was having a really good season, some players shouldn't be on standby though (looking at you cleverly) and where's Huddleston's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom