• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bnb617GIAAEuG5f.jpg

He's at that age where you really need to be getting international football. Does he have a grandparent that's Scottish or Irish or something? Maybe he should settle for that.

D_prOdigy

Ridiculously looking forward to it now. Want to see Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling especially. Feels like England has pace for the first time in ages.

Scum

---------- Sturridge ------- Rooney ----------
Lallana ---- Gerrard -- Lampard -- Milner
Baines ---- Cahill -- Jagielka --- Johnson
--------------------- Hart -------------------------

L1NETT

Forget Rep of Ireland, imagine if we could even have a UK team

Bale

Ramsey

err

ummm

Chris Gunter?

Leigh Griffiths and his forehead?

Barzul

Guys this is Hodgson though. So prepare for a Gerrard-Lampard double pivot, Milner on the wings and Welbz as the main striker. I actually want to see England do well as they're usually my second team after Nigeria goes out.

Feorax

Would love to see Hodge show some balls and try something like this.

That squad of players is perfectly suited to diamond midfield and 2 up top.

Unfortunately, I'm expecting some variation of 4-2-4/4-2-3-1 and the team to be completely overrun in midfield.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ridiculously looking forward to it now. Want to see Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling especially. Feels like England has pace for the first time in ages.

add Shaw to that list. he's good going forward. strong and fast.

there's a good team in that squad. I hope he picks it.

Fry

Love the England team. Definitely think they got a chance.

I'll be supporting you guys if Brazil is knocked out!

WJD

That squad of players is perfectly suited to diamond midfield and 2 up top.

Unfortunately, I'm expecting some variation of 4-2-4/4-2-3-1 and the team to be completely overrun in midfield.

To be fair, diamonds in English NT football aren't exactly unprecedented. Someone needs to slip him a note or something. G Nev?

Horseress

Man, only 31 days to the wc, 31 fucking days.....are you guys hype for it? I would love to know how people here like the wc.

Here in Brazil people love the wc, specially since it will be happening here, but not everyone cares about our team. I will root for my country but not if it fails I'll not be that mad, there's a bunch of Colombians and Argentines that'll be coming to my town (Porto Alegre) and they'll bring some booze, the good stuff, so I'll sure have a good time

And what about you guys? What's the situation where you live?

faridmon

Man, only 31 days to the wc, 31 fucking days.....are you guys hype for it? I would love to know how people here like the wc.

Here in Brazil people love the wc, specially since it will be happening here, but not everyone cares about our team. I will root for my country but not if it fails I'll not be that mad, there's a bunch of Colombians and Argentines that'll be coming to my town (Porto Alegre) and they'll bring some booze, the good stuff, so I'll sure have a good time

Damped to be honest with you since there aren't any Scandinavian (or Nordic country for that matter) country playing.

Barzul

Fuck I wish I could be there.

Barzul

Wilshere hasn't really had a great season. Injured, unfit or out smoking.

Henderson has been constantly good all season. Especially with the heat in Brazil we need an engine in our team.

Thing is Wilshere is more creative than Henderson and England will need that. Plus like Salva said Woy loves him.

jtb

Banned
Wilshere's season wasn't even "not great," it was outright poor. and that's being generous. if he wasn't Arsenal and England's midfield savior, the knives would have been out all season long and the criticism much more vocal. he's not the same player he was three (!!!) seasons ago; only problem is that he, Wenger, Roy, etc. don't seem to realize this and/or care.

Jack cw

I'm not feeling it but that might change. Dont like the time shift here in Europe but we are rather lucky in Germany with 18 and 21 CET times. If we are out before the final I cheer for Honduras, maybe the Netherlands. I just want no more Vuvuzelas pls.

Danchi

The World Cup hype train doesn't pull in until you start to see those mini flags on people's cars and they hang ten year old JJB Sports flags from their bedroom windows.

Is there an argument that maybe Gareth Barry should be going instead of Lampard?

This is what I would have preferred. He seems like the only option for a genuine defensive midfielder.

Salvadora

Wilshere's season wasn't even "not great," it was outright poor. and that's being generous. if he wasn't Arsenal and England's midfield savior, the knives would have been out all season long and the criticism much more vocal. he's not the same player he was three (!!!) seasons ago; only problem is that he, Wenger, Roy, etc. don't seem to realize this and/or care.
You must be forgetting the knives coming out rather quickly following poor performances. If anything, it's more vocal because he's English. If he wasn't, no one would particularly care.

LTWheels

Thing is Wilshere is more creative than Henderson and England will need that. Plus like Salva said Woy loves him.

Obvious Gerrard is going to be starting so we need to have another CM along side him to be 'his legs'. The only reasonable answer based on our squad is Henderson.

I would rather see us use Lallana, Barkley, or Ox as our creative player further up the pitch.

Barzul

Obvious Gerrard is going to be starting so we need to have another CM along side him to be 'his legs'. The only reasonable answer based on our squad is Henderson.

I would rather see us use Lallana, Barkley, or Ox as our creative player further up the pitch.

They did form a solid partnership this season so I think that'll definitely count for a lot.

L1NETT

You must be forgetting the knives coming out rather quickly following poor performances. If anything, it's more vocal because he's English. If he wasn't, no one would particularly care.

I'd argue it's not because he's english but the fact he's a nasty spiteful little vindictive shit.

Should still be going though.

Marshall; Coleman, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; McCarthy, Ramsey, Wilshere; Bale, Sturridge, Sterling

Where the hell is Robbie Earnshaw

Salvadora

I'd argue it's not because he's english but the fact he's a nasty spiteful little vindictive shit.

Should still be going though.
Well, yeah, to an extent, but that's been developing over the course of the season. Wasn't always like that (bad tackling excluded).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom