• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I think that squad is the best possible one. Lampard's the only contentious name, but even then you could argue he's best to pull off the bench if we need a goal.

Scum

Ian Dennis BBC Radio 5 live commentator said:
England World Cup squad

Posted at 14:04
"At the start of the season you wouldn't have predicted Luke Shaw's name on the list. He's come from nowhere and has only played 45 minutes of international football."

Damn premface.

Jack cw

I think the Südkurve was pretty good this year. Cannot complain at all. But i'm sure its going to be even better next year.

Wondering how we play on Saturday.

---------------Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba

--------Martinez - Kroos

Robben - Müller - Götze

--------------Pizarro

And Thiago comes on in the second half.

I expect a 0-3 defeat againt Dortmund. I can't see us beating them unless we play we the formation and players you posted. I hope we just keep Dortmund away from our goal as long as possible and try to get Götze, Müller and Robben into shooting positions once Thiago comes in.

L1NETT

Overall though

Hedgehog's done well

Roy-Hodgson.jpg

faridmon

Gerrard has the set pieces to be fair.

Yes, but but I would argue that Lampard have done more to the national team than Gerard. Both of them together have been awful for England, despite being good on club level!
Also, Barkley is not good enough (as of yet) to start for England, maybe an impact player off the bench!

Carbonox

Barkley behind Sturridge, Sterling and Lallana on the wings, and Gerrard and Henderson in the middle.

Pfft. I'm still contemplating whether Milner should be starting or not.

This is acceptable. Hodgson thinks otherwise though and will put Rooney on from the start and Lampard behind Sturridge.

Patrick Roberts has been gathering a lot of attention this year. Wouldn't be surprised if the Fulham youth player tears up the championship next season along with Dembele.

So, in the exact same day as all the press has been saying that Leonardo Jardim will go to Monaco, Marco Silva announces that he is leaving Estoril. I don´t want Jardim to go but Marco Silva would be damn good replacement.

Tc91

Hart, Johnson, Smalling, Jones, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Barkley, Sturridge, Rooney.

Hope that's the team we play in the first game.

Edit: Oh the first game is vs Italy, nevermind then. Milner will start and we won't see a attacking lineup.

faridmon

José Mourinho;111617974 said:
Won't make a button of difference when the entire squad find themselves on the first plane home.

True, so it doesn't matter whether Lampard starts or not, so stop moaning people.

Marc

Wow, not a bad squad really. Shocked Hodge had it in him, Milner can fuck off but apart from that it looks fresh, quick, talented and can keep the ball.

Hopefully Barkley starts. Would get sterling, ox and sturridge in and blitz defences with pace and movement. With Barkley coming in to mop up.

Lampard has barely played, should be fresh, scores in big games and against big names so good option off the bench. Has also as a DM been a rock against the likes of bayern, barca, Liverpool s attack, athleticso etc. so imo is the better DM choice to Gerrard who has no positional sense and leaves massive gaps but is what it is.

I understand why Johnson has been picked due to age and experience, but outside of a spare pair of beats he'll be nothing but a liability. They talk about bringing through youth, Clyne, Stones both play right back?

Not sure about Smalling and Jones, i'd have probably taken one of them, I guess the issue is who do you replace them with though.

Hixx

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Man United
4. Spurs
5. Arse
6. Liverpool

10. Sunderland

18. Stoke
19. Crystal Palace
20. Hull

NAILED IT

Barzul

--------Hart

Smalling----Cahill---Jagielka----Shaw

-------Gerrard---Wilshere

Sturridge----Rooney-----Sterling

-------------Dat Guy

I think that's the team that will start most games

I'd take out Welbz, put Lallana on the right and Sturridge in the Center personally. But Hodgson has seemed reluctant to start Sturridge as the main forward for some reason. Johnson or Smalling is a toss up for me.

WJD

--------Hart

Smalling----Cahill---Jagielka----Shaw

-------Gerrard---Wilshere

Sturridge----Rooney-----Sterling

-------------Dat Guy

I think that's the team that will start most games

I'd take out Welbz, put Lallana on the right and Sturridge in the Center personally. But Hodgson has seemed reluctant to start Sturridge as the main forward for some reason. Johnson or Smalling is a toss up for me.

Jones is a much safer bet at RB than Smalling.

L1NETT

Patrick Roberts has been gathering a lot of attention this year. Wouldn't be surprised if the Fulham youth player tears up the championship next season along with Dembele.

That the fulham kid? Hopefully he gets some starts

All about Diego Poyet and Brendan Galloway

Lower leagues represent!

---------------------------Hart----------------------------

Johnson-------Cahill-------Jagielka-------Baines

---------------Gerrard-----------Wilshere-----------

-------------------------Rooney------------------------

Sterling-----------Sturridge----------------Lallana

Read it and weep peasants.

Danchi

Hope Oxlade-Chamberlain gets plenty of minutes, providing he's fit enough. Certainly hope to see him on the wing more than Welbeck.

Barzul

I think this England squad would be a much better unit if Rooney wasn't always an automatic pick. Would open up some new approaches.

WJD

Is he? Don't know how much he played the position for united this season, but I saw Smalling there loads of times. Maybe he just will get that RB slot then.

Smalling's played there more for some unknown reason but Jones is definitely more comfortable there. Did really really well against Bayern for instance.

Salazar

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 45s
Good to hear that Rooney is taking physio on holiday with him. Barring 2004, he's started tournaments slowly (or injured or banned)

:lol

Jog down the shop for some chips pls

and don't tell no-one innit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom