• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Which one of you footy gaffers said Mushishi was good? Watching the first season, and while I don't dislike it (plus it has some pretty visuals) I simply don't have the feeling of wanting to watch the next episode right away. Like...the only time I watch an episode of it now is when I really have nothing better to watch. I suppose this kind of show isn't really my thing. Reminds me of people praising Hyouka as one of the most amazing things as well. I went through it last year and was like "eh...it's ok, interesting at some points but whatever"

I'll admit it's a nice change from the usual stuff I watch (mostly with regards to no action) but the feeling just doesn't last long :/

Salvadora

As expected then. How old is Diego Costa anyways?

Arsenal gonna get the booby prize.
There's nothing in the market by the looks of things. If people are expecting a superstar forward this summer at Arsenal, they're going to be very disappointed. Can't buy what isn't there. Remy would be an astute signing.

Isn't £32m his release clause?

There's nothing in the market by the looks of things. If people are expecting a superstar forward this summer at Arsenal, they're going to be very disappointed. Can't buy what isn't there. Remy would be an astute signing.
Yeah there's some decent potential for a lot of goals to come from elsewhere too. Walcott and Ramsey could/should be good for 15+ each.

Suen

We should go for strikers that have proven themselves in top leagues but which aren't among the best, there are several of them on the market. Why don't we just take back Vela? He's better than our french donkey and it will add depth to our squad. Griezmann would be nice too but with PSG linked with him...

Danchi

Wouldn't be disappointed with Remy. Antoine Griezmann would be my number one target for Arsenal, though. Obviously not a no. 9, but he can get goals from the wing (I would expect Remy to play a lot on the wing if he came here anyway, much like he did at QPR) and we need someone with pace besides Walcott.

Was heavily linked with PSG, but they can only sign one player this summer, unless I misread the FFP shenanigans?

sestrugen

Suarez to RM / Benz to Arsenal / Sanogo to Liverpool

bjaelke

Ferdinand: "I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future, and after 12 fantastic years playing, for what I regard as the best club in the world, I have decided the time is right for me to move on."

Meier

Was heavily linked with PSG, but they can only sign one player this summer, unless I misread the FFP shenanigans?

Griezmann would be ideal for PSG as he's a HG player. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to come for Nasri again and they're going to need to cut down their foreign numbers.

arkon

Which one of you footy gaffers said Mushishi was good? Watching the first season, and while I don't dislike it (plus it has some pretty visuals) I simply don't have the feeling of wanting to watch the next episode right away. Like...the only time I watch an episode of it now is when I really have nothing better to watch. I suppose this kind of show isn't really my thing. Reminds me of people praising Hyouka as one of the most amazing things as well. I went through it last year and was like "eh...it's ok, interesting at some points but whatever"

I'll admit it's a nice change from the usual stuff I watch (mostly with regards to no action) but the feeling just doesn't last long :/

Mushishi is GOAT, but it's not exactly something I'd do a marathon-watch of. I watched it as it aired though and I basically treated it as I would a collection of short stories. Dip in and out of it when the mood strikes me. I ejnoyed the relaxed pace as I have with other slice-of-life shows.

Just not your thing. Shit happens

Ferdinand: "I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future, and after 12 fantastic years playing, for what I regard as the best club in the world, I have decided the time is right for me to move on."

:lol

Do feel for him a bit though, should have been given the chance to say goodbye properly. Again very poor from the club.

Hixx

Bye bye Kranjcar
TadkV.gif

edit: FUCKING RADIO COMMENTATOR

Suen

Mushishi is GOAT, but it's not exactly something I'd do a marathon-watch of. I watched it as it aired though and I basically treated it as I would a collection of short stories. Dip in and out of it when the mood strikes me. I ejnoyed the relaxed pace as I have with other slice-of-life shows.

Just not your thing. Shit happens
This is how I am treating it now and perhaps that's how I should approach it as well instead of seeing it in a more traditionally way where everything must be connected somehow.

Bumhead

Banned
QPR lol

Harry will leave them and walk back into a Premiership job despite doing the worst job in the Football League this season, and QPR will probably go bust and/or join Portsmouth in League Two.

Fucking pirate.

Fergie

Banned
At least Gaal will enjoy most likely a easier dressing room. Most of the old guys will be leaving.

It's shocking how Rio has been treated though. Vidic got a huge send-off.

Rio done though twitter.

Walshy

Well they will need another striker for when he's banned. He's a brilliant talent, but let's be honest, he's going to do some stupid shit, and the British press/FA are going to hate him for a while.
Typical Mourinho signing though.

Can't believe that Atletico would let this out before a CL final.

Wes

venison crêpe
25 seems an ok age to spend £32m on someone.

Seems Sherwood is going to be the next Brighton manager?

£32m (€40m) is Diego Costa's release clause.

I want to see how he does on Wednesday, and of course at the World Cup as Falcao's replacement, but Carlos Bacca is the one for me right now. Really good striker.

noal

Banned
Guys

For those of you that got Nintendo Pocket Football Club, how is it? ;_;

To be honest, I haven't played it too much yet, but it seems like quite a fun game. A lot of it is based around training your players by getting cards and making combos so FM it ain't.

Cute as hell though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom