• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

There's an FA Cup Manager of the Year?

What is all this shit?

In the NW alot of people refer to Scousers as "bin dippers" especially in a football context, bit of a light (or maybe not so light..?) insult. It's no a term which is specific to them but they will have known what they were doing there. Pretty shocking..that's the police force. Says it all about our police, though.

Same in brum. The police must have known this. Pretty poor.

Scum

SpursOfficial: 81 - Brilliant moment as referee Howard Webb got on the ball - only for Lewis Holtby to hack him down! Great stuff.

lol

Ledley's team won 6-3, Louis Saha hat trick.
Nice one, Ledley.

I want to see more of Holtby next season.

Meier

In the NW alot of people refer to Scousers as "bin dippers" especially in a football context, bit of a light (or maybe not so light..?) insult. It's no a term which is specific to them but they will have known what they were doing there. Pretty shocking..that's the police force. Says it all about our police, though.
Yeah, I knew the term bin dippers. I figured it was a bit of a nod and wink to that, but that it might be another term for pickpockets there in the UK as well so they could act like it wasn't a reference to LFC fans.

I fear his genuine quality as a world class footballer will be lost in retrospect to a lot of people due to him being a bit of a bell.

What happens when you're a bit of a bell though isn't it.

Definitely one of the most unliked United players who was actually good, probably the most unliked actually.

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 53s
Sir Alex Ferguson presents 'LMA special merit award' to Russ Wilcox, referring to him as 'Bruce' throughout his speech

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 27s
Not Fergie's finest moment. Wilcox: 'Fantastic research, Alex, except my name's Russ, not Bruce.'

Froggie been drinking again.

dc89

Sir Alex Ferguson presents 'LMA special merit award' to Russ Wilcox, referring to him as 'Bruce' throughout his speech

Not Fergie's finest moment. Wilcox: 'Fantastic research, Alex, except my name's Russ, not Bruce.'

Buzzer v Fergie

That's a war of words I have to see.

3Sixty

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Moyes > Fergie

rvy

Banned

More and more he's becoming a comic book character.

Yen

David Lynch ‏@DavidLynchMEN
How could you disagree with Pulis getting the award? Palace were THREE points from safety when he arrived with only 26 games left. Miracle!

Feorax

It's all well and good binning Rio and fucking off backroom staff, LvG will live and die by how he deals with the world's most expensive potato.

Still think that everyone assuming LVG won't like Rooney is going to be bitterly disappointed.

It's not about not liking him - more putting him in his place and not building the team around him if it doesn't make sense.

And with Rooney, as we've seen...that will likely lead to one thing only.

A new contract?

nice

Wayne-Rooney.gif

jesalr

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 1m
And the overall LMA Manager of the Year* is ....... Brendan Rodgers

(*Across all four divisions, voted for by all the managers)

LegoArmo

So Pulis is the Premier League Manager of the Year, but Rodgers is the overall Manager of the Year? That makes sense, Liverpool did much better in the cups.

Fergie

Banned
Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 1m
And the overall LMA Manager of the Year* is ....... Brendan Rodgers

(*Across all four divisions, voted for by all the managers)
First Liverpool boss as well. No surprise really.

7th to 2nd with a hint of the title.

Good thing Gaal is making decisions already. Little bit of culling needed.

dc89

Pretty harsh for Manuel Pellegrini that he wins two trophies in first season at Man City and not even among the top four

@DTguardian

King_Moc

Banned
Pretty harsh for Manuel Pellegrini that he wins two trophies in first season at Man City and not even among the top four

@DTguardian

What. Won by 2 points while breaking FFP in a team with a net spend of over £80 million for 5 years running. Yeah, that'd have been deserved...

Feorax

@DTguardian

I agree, but I think Europe was what cost him. That silly miscalculation in the group stages.

Domestic domination, impressive as it was, was very much expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom