• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Pretty harsh for Manuel Pellegrini that he wins two trophies in first season at Man City and not even among the top four

@DTguardian

But that's what Man City were expected to do. Pulis and Rodgers did things that weren't expected of their teams.

dc89

Fergie85030 said:
I think Arsene is the only foreigner to win it?

Correct - he's won it twice
What. Won by 2 points while breaking FFP in a team with a net spend of over £80 million for 5 years running. Yeah, that'd have been deserved...

I agree, but I think Europe was what cost him. That silly miscalculation in the group stages.

Domestic domination, impressive as it was, was very much expected.

But that's what Man City were expected to do. Pulis and Rodgers did things that weren't expected of their teams.

You get on the Twitters and tell him that.

But look, Madrid had a team of world class players and won nothing, you still need a very good manager and Pellegrini has been class.

operon

Sounds like the clearout has begun at Old Trafford. And we have started our bidding already next season can't come quick enough

jtb

Banned
wonder if we'll manage to finish any signings before the world cup. doubt it.

(ligue 2 players do not count as signings)

K1LLER7

So Guardian reporting Shaw bid rejected....

Telegraph say United still waiting....

Mail say he will sign....

Transfer season is here! :D

---

Think we will sign him. Hope we do anyway. Potentially world class LB.

sestrugen

---

There are reports of some emissaries seen at the Saints facilities, supposedly they are there to close the deal

GQman2121

Banned

---

a3_w500.jpg

---

The Guardian story is by Jamie Jackson - disregard. He doesn't even say it's rejected. As usual, he just doesn't say anything.

K1LLER7

Steve Bates

"#mufc Comms director Phil Townsend leaves LMA Dinner early things clearly picking up pace at OT hearing major announcements now imminent."

YES GAAL

GorillaJu

Times saying that Shaw's earning 100k p/w at United? Must have been some crazy competition for his signature. Starting at 100k at his age is unbelievable. I'd be thrilled to make that in a year

Randdalf

Times saying that Shaw's earning 100k p/w at United? Must have been some crazy competition for his signature. Starting at 100k at his age is unbelievable. I'd be thrilled to make that in a year

I hate how it's a foregone conclusion he's going to United, he's doing perfectly well playing for Southampton. Southampton should just tell all these big clubs to fuck off, to be frank.

GorillaJu

I hate how it's a foregone conclusion he's going to United, he's doing perfectly well playing for Southampton. Southampton should just tell all these big clubs to fuck off, to be frank.

I agree completely. But as with any hypocrite worth his salt, I really hope the Lallana deal comes to fruition. If his leaving Soton is an inevitability, I'm glad it's Liverpool because I think we'll be a perfect fit for him in footballing terms.

Westlo

They should just hold into him, his value is nowhere near its potential peak unlike lallana

Meier

They should just hold into him, his value is nowhere near its potential peak unlike lallana

I think it's at his peak or close to it. You're not going to see a fullback go for much more than £30m any time soon.

I'm not sure what their wage structure is, but they probably can't decimate it for an 18 year old. A rock and a hard place.

Lightning

Banned
£27m for a left back is outrageous. Talented player but no way he's worth that now. You can't expect his value to rise beyond that since he's not worth the value getting paid now. Left backs have limited value, not ridiculous levels of strikers and attacking midfielders.

wedward

Who cares whether Shaw is worth 27m or not. He is worth that to United and they can more than afford it.

People forget how much money United have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom