• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's a team game. One man, no matter the cost, should not be expected to win games single handed

tumblr_n55zksLGdn1qa33wlo7_r2_1280.jpg

you're right. You can't expect a playmaker to drag the whole team to victory
These Ruin Sentinels. I'm at the end of my rope here. The only solution is seppuku. I cannot beat these stupid things.

you can skip them anyway!

the trick is to fight (at least) two of them one-on-one on that small platform and then jump down for the last one.

On NG+ I had to take all three at once.
KuGsj.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

bjaelke

Coates is the only player from the domestic league to feature in Uruguay's 25 man squad. Is their league really that mediocre?

sohois

Coates is the only player from the domestic league to feature in Uruguay's 25 man squad. Is their league really that mediocre?

Coates is just that good m8, gonna solve all our defensive problems.

seriously though a good tournament could really drive his price up

GorillaJu

you're right. You can't expect a playmaker to drag the whole team to victory

you can skip them anyway!

the trick is to fight (at least) two of them one-on-one on that small platform and then jump down for the last one.

On NG+ I had to take all three at once.
KuGsj.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

If I get hit once, I'm dead though. I don't understand how anyone is expected to literally never get hit once in this fight. The hitbox on these moves seems completely unpredictable to me.

King_Moc

Banned
These Ruin Sentinels. I'm at the end of my rope here. The only solution is seppuku. I cannot beat these stupid things.

Everyone complains about these, but I did it second go. Shield plus high stamina and lots of blocking and circle strafing did it for me. The first guy is easy, you just kill him up on the ledge. Then it's just a question of keeping the other two in front of you and maintaining enough stamina to be able to block both of their attacks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If I get hit once, I'm dead though. I don't understand how anyone is expected to literally never get hit once in this fight. The hitbox on these moves seems completely unpredictable to me.

Everyone complains about these, but I did it second go. Shield plus high stamina and lots of blocking and circle strafing did it for me. The first guy is easy, you just kill him up on the ledge. Then it's just a question of keeping the other two in front of you and maintaining enough stamina to be able to block both of their attacks.

You don't even need to block anything, just roll toward him once or twice depending on his swing! Stay as far away as possible when he tries to get back on the ledge after falling.

circle-strafe him to death, yup. :p

edit: I was a dirty caster though

tumblr_n5f874hPqw1s8z5rho1_400.gif

GorillaJu

You don't even need to block anything, just roll toward him once or twice depending on his swing! Stay as far away as possible when he tries to get back on the ledge after falling.

circle-strafe him to death, yup. :p

edit: I was a dirty caster though

tumblr_n5f874hPqw1s8z5rho1_400.gif

I don't have enough stamina to block their attacks. I just lose everything. I can parry, but I only get like two attacks after a parry before they come at me again, so it's better just roll-dodging. The problem is that I can't roll-dodge two at once.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't have enough stamina to block their attacks. I just lose everything. I can parry, but I only get like two attacks after a parry before they come at me again, so it's better just roll-dodging. The problem is that I can't roll-dodge two at once.
if you die in one hit either way, then you might as well take off your gear. It'll make you faster, and your stamina will regenerate faster.

or come back for them later!

Zabojnik

Go elsewhere, farm some souls, upgrade stamina, come back. Or, you know, summon a friend to help you. No shame in it.
There is some shame in it.

Elchele

Do you live in some shack in the middle of the Black Forest where you let your Affenpinscher run around hunting bears and shit?

in that setting I would see the point of having a dog. But in an urban setting, why do you want to have an animal in your apartment.

I hope your dogs choke on avocado, Fabian. have a delicious dead

Elchele

actually I'm ok with small and medium size dogs, the big ones I don't like at all specially inside a house/apartment

pls FF, I'm sure you have killed sheeps with your bare hands

Blablurn

Aaron Hunt is so stupid. First he announced his departure from Werder Bremen because he wanted to go for the LAST BIG contract and then he says he doesn't mind to come back after receiving no offer lol. They literally celebrated his departure already.

if your dog is your best friend, then you're most likely a horrible human being

lol

pls make a thread with that title here on gaf :D

GorillaJu

if you die in one hit either way, then you might as well take off your gear. It'll make you faster, and your stamina will regenerate faster.

or come back for them later!

My god, I just put on a shield and the fight was absolute cake, did it on my first try. All this work trying to time every parry and dodge every attack and all I had to do was hold down the block button.

Go elsewhere, farm some souls, upgrade stamina, come back. Or, you know, summon a friend to help you. No shame in it.
There is some shame in it.

Neeeevvverrrrr I refuse to use summons of any type. >:)

subtles

My god, I just put on a shield and the fight was absolute cake, did it on my first try. All this work trying to time every parry and dodge every attack and all I had to do was hold down the block button.

Neeeevvverrrrr I refuse to use summons of any type. >:)
Is this your first one? You'll have a lot of those moments.

GorillaJu

Is this your first one? You'll have a lot of those moments.

I played Demon's Souls but I didn't play it the way I should have - I followed too much information that I read online, so I knew how to win certain fights without figuring it out myself, and most of the secrets I looked up beforehand. Trying to play this game with really minimal outside input, and it's a lot more fun.

Facism

Gold Member

You should really summon the sorcerer npc. If you're hollow get your sign down so you can get your huge manatee back.

subtles

I played Demon's Souls but I didn't play it the way I should have - I followed too much information that I read online, so I knew how to win certain fights without figuring it out myself, and most of the secrets I looked up beforehand. Trying to play this game with really minimal outside input, and it's a lot more fun.
It's a shame one needs to scrummage around online for much needed background and context re; the 'story', if you will, elements of these games.

Elchele

Aaron Hunt is so stupid. First he announced his departure from Werder Bremen because he wanted to go for the LAST BIG contract and then he says he doesn't mind to come back after receiving no offer lol. They literally celebrated his departure already.

LOOOOOL Bremen shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom