• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

M.Mackay (Cardiff)
M.Jol & R.Meulensteen (Fulham)
C.Hughton (Norwich)
S.Clarke & P.Mel (WBA)
P.Di Canio (Sunderland)
M.Laudrup (Swansea)
I.Holloway (C.Palace)
D.Moyes (Man Utd)
AVB & T.Sherwood (Spurs)

12 managers axed in one season

Yen

This will always be Les Ferdinand's best moment:

BF3-GwdCYAA_0a2.jpg

LegoArmo

M.Mackay (Cardiff)
M.Jol & R.Meulensteen (Fulham)
C.Hughton (Norwich)
S.Clarke & P.Mel (WBA)
P.Di Canio (Sunderland)
M.Laudrup (Swansea)
I.Holloway (C.Palace)
D.Moyes (Man Utd)
AVB & T.Sherwood (Spurs)

12 managers axed in one season

About a 50/50 split between justified/worked out and idiotic decisions.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Was Tim any good as a youth coach/whatever it was he did?

Very, very good, our U21 team destroyed everybody last season and we were 2-0 up in the final at Old Trafford before Januzaj did his thing. This season the U21s have been weaker because all of last seasons youngsters are on loan or in the first team, but now the U18s are doing well and only narrowly lost their semi-final to Everton 1-0 after cruising through the league division.

There are a lot of Academy players good enough to play for the first team and that's a credit to Sherwood, giving Bentaleb and Kane their chance was the best thing he did. We spent £26m on Soldado but we had someone better than him in the youth team.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Feel like Sherwood would have maybe been given a chance if he had just shut the fuck up.

Maybe. I know that when he said 'Sandro is not good enough to be in my team', that was the end for me. Apparently he told Levy to get rid of all the new guys except Eriksen and replace them with James Milner and Gareth Barry.

sohois

For all the early hype over Belgium as possible contenders to the WC, their squad now seems distinctly average after the crap seasons of a number of star players.

The likes of Kompany, Vertonghen and Dembele all had pretty poor seasons, Benteke as well if he had been fit. And then there's Fellaini...

LegoArmo

For all the early hype over Belgium as possible contenders to the WC, their squad now seems distinctly average after the crap seasons of a number of star players.

The likes of Kompany, Vertonghen and Dembele all had pretty poor seasons, Benteke as well if he had been fit. And then there's Fellaini...

Adnan will do what Messi never could, and win the tournament by himself.

Next Euro and World Cup will probably see Belgium at their best.

L1NETT

Good young squad that

Can't wait till the gifs of Adnan passing in training

Exciting times

And nobody was suggesting Belgium would win the WC. They were "hyped" because people saw they have a excellent young squad of proven performers. Which they do.

Good young squad that

Can't wait till the gifs of Adnan passing in training

Exciting times

And nobody was suggesting Belgium would win the WC. They were "hyped" because people saw they have a excellent young squad of proven performers. Which they do.

I won't let you down.

Januzaj is probably going to get put on standby. 24th dude is probably him just to see what he's like with the squad etc.

Would be delicious if he took Mirallas' place though.

Fergie

Banned
"I want to tell you,
I might as well do,
About a boy on his way to Brazil,
He comes from Belgium
His name is Adnan,
Januzaj, Januzaj, Januzaj"

/

LdciDvg.jpg

Januzaj is probably going to get put on standby. 24th dude is probably him just to see what he's like with the squad etc.

Would be delicious if he took Mirallas' place though.
Please. Who's Divock, Adnan will go. Believe.

sohois

Next Euro and World Cup will probably see Belgium at their best.

I dunno about that, there are a number of players currently in their squad who had a lot of hype as youngsters but never really made anything of themselves - speaking particularly of Witsel and Defour - who's to say the same thing won't happen with their current batch?

Further, they aren't going to get anywhere if the likes of Kompany and Fellaini don't go back to their best.

cremino

Switzerland

Goalkeepers: Diego Benaglio (Wolfsburg/GER), Roman Buerki (Grasshopper), Yann Sommer (Basel)

Defenders: Johan Djourou (Hamburg/GER), Michael Lang (Grasshopper), Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus/ITA), Ricardo Rodriguez (Wolfsburg), Fabian Schaer (Basel), Philippe Senderos (Valencia/ESP), Steve von Bergen (Young Boys), Reto Ziegler (Sassuolo/ITA)

Midfielders: Tranquillo Barnetta (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER), Valon Behrami (Napoli), Blerim Dzemaili (Napoli), Gelson Fernandes (Freiburg/GER), Goekhan Inler (Napoli, )Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich/GER), Valentin Stocker (Basel)

Forwards: Josip Drmic (Nuremberg/GER), Mario Gavranovic (Zurich), Admir Mehmedi (Freiburg), Haris Seferovic (Real Sociedad/ESP), Granit Xhaka (Borussia Moenchengladbach/GER)

Kenkaaa

dc89

Has anyone here tried the Greggs stuff you can get at Iceland?

Theres an Iceland down the road... I'm tempted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom