• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

Best Puyol moment:
r.madrid-fcb_12_.v1358853000.jpg

His goal and celebration in 2-6 win at the Bernabeu

Also:
Carles Puyol vs. Real Madrid (1999-2011)

Derp1na

Banned
I thin Lallana's overrated to hell and back but he'd still be a good deal better than the majority of United's midfield.

He would be, but you don't buy players simply because they're a hell of a lot better than what you have. Mirallas is a hell of a lot better than Valencia and Young, but United aren't going to get to where they want to be by signing players of that ilk.

You sign players who play or are capable of playing at a certain level, not ones who are simply better than the crap you already have.

LegoArmo

Not to mention, United don't exactly need more depth, Liverpool do, he'll be a great option for them. Start on the left, on the right, or at the tip of their diamond.

He's better than United's midfielders, but doesn't really do anything Mata, Kagawa, Rooney or Januzaj can't in those positions.

Not worth the 20-30m for that particular club. Not saying he's shit. Maybe he'd work in a midfield 3.

pulga

Banned
Barca's greatest moments always involve Real Madrid for some reason

So small time

Hahahaaha. I genuinely love him, that cunt!

youd think it involve winning a champions league or something lolololol

dat inferiority complex

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
youd think it involve winning a champions league or something lolololol

dat inferiority complex
Dat jealously

It burns

Edit: God pulg we're so insufferable sometimes :lol :lol. We need to change our ways from now on

Marc

I don't know who's the greatest defender in the history of football

But I'm sure he's Italian

It's Bobby Moore mate, or Franklin... then Baresi.

Dark Souls is basically a modern version of Simon's Quest with online note leaving to help the play through more unintuative parts.

Been playing in offline mode for demon souls, no invasion cunts and the lack of help messages has made it more exciting when I find stuff.

Debating whether I should now buy Dark souls 2 but should really complete this game first I guess.

GorillaJu

Pacific rim is much better than transformers, but still wasn't very good. I resent all that "turn your brain off" shit. If appraisal of a movie amounts to telling someone that you should feign dumbness to enjoy it, then fuck that.

Getting the train m8 but good try. I'll be sure to enjoy the movie and the handjob I'll get off curly haired joe in the darkened auditorium

I don't think Pacific Rim is a "turn off your brain" movie; that's doing it a real injustice. I don't ever enjoy movies that don't engage me on at least some level, and PR wasn't like that at all - it's pure, more than anything else.

Movies like Transformers, I recognize that I won't enjoy it unless I do just kind of go zombie mode and forget all the conventions I normally look for in films, which is why I just don't bother watching them 90% of the time. Don't think PR and Transformers are similar at all except on the very surface level.

pulga

Banned
i think we can all agree this is the GOATest moment of all GOATs

zizou.jpg

damn

i hope modric is our zidane this year

Razor554

Xavi: "I told you after the Wembley final that you had to lift the trophy. you said: Abi should do it. That's being a captain."

Puyol: "Advice I'd give to kids? Same as my father gave me: if they throw you out, make sure it's not because you didn't give everything..."

Puyol: "What will I tell my daughter? That I was lucky to play at the best club in the world and that I lived a million kids' dreams."

Puyol: "Playing at Milan? No. They tend to sign older players, but I don't think they'll pick me. That train has passed..."

Puyol: "When I was playing at my hometown, with my brother and my friends, I could never have imagined this. I lived a million dreams..."

Puyol: "One moment of my career? Abidal lifting the CL trophy, for everything it meant, for the example he gave us."

K1LLER7

Ian Herbert

"Woodward expects increase in player wages next year, partially because “we are looking at investing in players this summer.” #mufc

For like 1 month in this thread, many moons ago, there was actually discussion over who was better, Coutinho or Kagawa.

I won't say Coutinho is definitely better since Kagawa was so good at Dortmund, but I can't see him finding that form again in the PL. Coutinho was pretty disappointing last year as well imo. Still good, but nowhere near as good as he was between January and May when he joined

WJD

Ian Herbert

"Woodward expects increase in player wages next year, partially because “we are looking at investing in players this summer.” #mufc

So what it really means is, "shit we're not in CL anymore so have to give players fat contracts to get them to stay"

Also Kroos.

You'd have to give them fat contracts anyway, see e.g. how much money Bayern is (rumored to be) paying their players. Sure, you'll probably have to pay a bit more than otherwise, but the days of cheap contracts seem over anyway. Even if United were playing Champions League, I doubt players would come to you for (much) less than what they'd make at other clubs.

€12m for Götze looooool

So what it really means is, "shit we're not in CL anymore so have to give players fat contracts to get them to stay"

Also Kroos.

Which players do you already have who could realistically ask for a pay rise to convince them to stay, and not be booted out of Carrington with a Dutch clog embedded in their sphincters?

De Gea, and that's about it. Maybe Evra if you don't want to go through the hassle of buying two leftbacks.

LegoArmo

Which players do you already have who could realistically ask for a pay rise to convince them to stay, and not be booted out of Carrington with a Dutch clog embedded in their sphincters?

De Gea, and that's about it. Maybe Evra if you don't want to go through the hassle of buying two leftbacks.

Need to keep Welbeck at all costs. 200k a week.

It's kind of amazing that with the exception of De Gea and Januzaj, there's not a single United player I'd be particularly sad about leaving.

K1LLER7

Wilson needs a new contract, but doubt it'll be at Adnan's level.

Fellani :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom