• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

There is a chinese chippy next door to my work that does a large container with chips & egg fried rice lathered in curry sauce for £2.50.

I once got it 6 shifts in a row.

:loool 6 in a row, half chips half rice curry sauce in a container is too good.

Wilbur

Banned
If I asked for a ban every time SAFC had a bad result...

Soft lads. All of them. Yurt, Arnie, rvy, wooden.

innit loooool

If I asked for a ban every time Manchester United won a league title I'd have 20 bans

But I only started glory hunting after eleven of them

pulga

Banned
i dont get why people ask for bans after a bad result

if madrid lose out on la decima im not asking for a ban

im just closing my browser and not coming in again for a while, no need for the dramatics

LegoArmo

innit loooool

If I asked for a ban every time Manchester United won a league title I'd have 20 bans

But I only started glory hunting after eleven of them

Rangers were winning 9 titles in a row when I was born, so I had to find my glory elsewhere.

Forgive me, papa.

bjaelke

i dont get why people ask for bans after a bad result

if madrid lose out on la decima im not asking for a ban

im just closing my browser and not coming in again for a while, no need for the dramatics

youll probably be banned for saying something offensive before the final

Elchele

Microsoft talking shit again

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819382

you think they would have learnt not to after this past year :/

FTR, I prefer my PS3 massively over my 360, so that statement im my case is pure BS

:lol I stopped playing with my 360 when they shifted to pure Kinect and Halo stuff. most depressing console ever. I'm pretty sure most people buying the PS4 at launch were Xbox 360 owners who were sick bored

pulga

Banned
youll probably be banned for saying something offensive before the final

its why im posting in here less during the lead-up, gotta keep myself fit for the final
Uus4Plt.png

Funny, because you are THE drama queen. Pls understand.

i have something 4 y0u mate pls under5tand

bjaelke

Telegraph Football @TeleFootball
Liverpool concerned Manchester United could hijack Adam Lallana's move to Anfield

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive
Liverpool fear that Adam Lallana may choose to join Spurs if the London side get Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager

we scared

Liverpool concerned Manchester United could hijack Adam Lallana's move to Anfield

Liverpool fear that Adam Lallana may choose to join Spurs if the London side get Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager

we scared

and yet we are the ones with Champions League Football :/

Hixx

Worst thing about bans is no subs and default PPP. Not being able to post is good. I like it a lot. Best feature of Banned.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
you just need to sign out and the site is unblocked again
But you still can't post, and eventually you'll drop the whole thing because what's the point of 'reading' a discussion about football without participating?

To me at least

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

we scared

Thank Christ you didn't win the league. At least we can still steal your targets.

I see United's debt seems to have stalled at the £350M mark. I hate every last one of them cunts. Seriously.
Tbh it's very easily serviceable there.

Unless we are gonna pay off £100m+ of it it makes no real difference day to day.

They'll be looking to host another IPO sometime soon I guess.

Yesterday was the birthday of my favourite footballer of all time Muhamed Konjić. The guy was a beast of a centre back, winning every ball that went into the air. If he felt that the midfield & attack weren't doing their job, he would start dribbling the ball past the halfway line and try to take on the opposition. He was the captain in the first match ever played by Bosnia-Herzegovina. This is from one of the first interviews he gave when he arrived in England:

Next time Stan Collymore and his chums at the Diddums Club check into the trauma clinics for a spot of ego-pampering, tell them the story of Mohammed Konjic.

The Bosnian captain once made his debut with TWO broken arms just a fortnight after plunging 60ft down a ravine in a car crash as he fled the homicidal lunacy of the Balkan war.

Nobody could understand why 6ft 3in Konjic, a strapping centre-half, was crying whenever he emerged from an aerial collision.

"I would kill the striker to win the ball in mid-air," recalled Konjic. "But it was always me who was crying when we came down.

"Everyone thought it was strange that a big, strong, young player should be crying on the pitch for no reason, but nobody knew that I was playing with both arms broken."

In his current state of self-pity, it's hard to imagine Collymore playing with anything worse than two broken fingernails. And while Stan the Moan bleats about the strain of scraping by on pounds 20,000 a week, the journey which took Konjic from the savagery of war-torn Bosnia to Coventry City is surely the true definition of stress.

City's new £2million defender comes from the tiny village of Brijeswica Velika, near Sarajevo. Kate Adie country. Where the homes of survivors of ethnic cleansing carpet their homes in shrapnel rather than shagpile.

As a soldier in the Bosnian army, Konjic was left so shellshocked by the slaughter that he turned to drink.

And when football offered him an escape from insanity's jaws, the transfer fee agreed with a lowly Croatian club was in food parcels instead of hard currency so his folks did not starve back home.

Even then, as Konjic fled the mortar shells and tanks, he had to survive that terrifying plunge down a cliff before salvaging his career in Zagreb.

Never has a footballer been so grateful after being sent to Coventry, even if the last stop on his odyssey from hell to Highfield Road was Monaco. Konjic, 28, made his Premiership debut as a second-half sub in the goalless draw at Tottenham on Saturday and looked masterful.

Today his wife, Haruli, and the couple's seven-week-old son fly into the country.

Their family bliss will seem like another world from the butchery left behind.

"Everyone from Bosnia has terrible stories to tell about the conflict and mine is nothing exceptional," insisted Konjic. "In the first six months alone, there were 300,000 casualties and it's difficult to speak about it. I don't want to make political statements because I am a footballer, not a politician.

"But I can only say what I saw, and the Serbian and Croatian armies came to my home village and flattened it.

"What I do know is that, at Coventry, life or death is no longer the only choice I have to make.

"During the war, your only concern was to stay alive with your family, but even that was hard. We had no food, no water and no medicine - all you had was hope. War took away four of the best years of my career. Between 22 and 25 you are in your prime.

"But when it started raining bombs, we sent the women and children to shelter in central Europe. All the men could do was to stay behind and drink to forget the pain of separation.

"You know, war can drive you crazy. I saw it happen. But I wasn't going to let it drive me mad, and I remained a big optimist. I knew I could find a way out.''

Legend.

LegoArmo

He'd be a bigger upgrade for Man Utd than he would be for us.

I thin Lallana's overrated to hell and back but he'd still be a good deal better than the majority of United's midfield.

We do need a left winger something chronic. Not sure he's the best solution though.

In his position, United need some real pace. Liverpool have that pace elsewhere, they can accommodate him.

Don't think he'd be that much of an upgrade on Kagawa or Mata on the left. United need a proper winger if they continue down this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom