• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree Guy, Arsenal haven't been Liverpool's rivals over the last few years. You've been hovering around 7th battling the mid table clubs. It was just the fans who saw us as the weak link in the top four and took pot shots as a result.

I always look forward to Arsenal vs Liverpool games more than any in a season. It's still real to me....

Tc91

What a goal from Rotherham. Great play by the winger.

Awesome wing play, turned him inside out.

---

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1m
HUGE Manchester United news just arrived. Gonna give it tomorrow during 'STADIUM' at 14.30 UK

Vidal cometh.

Tanned-

Banned
Awesome wing play, turned him inside out.

---

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1m
HUGE Manchester United news just arrived. Gonna give it tomorrow during 'STADIUM' at 14.30 UK

Vidal cometh.

---------RVP
Reus-Kroos-Adnan
---Rooney-Vidal

Salvadora

I always look forward to Arsenal vs Liverpool games more than any in a season. It's still real to me....
I meant in the 'competing' sense, up until this season. The Suarez affair certainly made things chilly between the two fan bases. The Liverpool GAF v Arsenal GAF stuff was pretty crazy during the summer :p

operon

I meant in the 'competing' sense, up until this season. The Suarez affair certainly made things chilly between the two fan bases. The Liverpool GAF v Arsenal GAF stuff was pretty crazy during the summer :p

We were always friendly only turned sour this season due to the suarez thing and the 3 stooges pissing everyone off when ye were top of the league

GQman2121

Banned
Did anyone think outside of the terrible, terrible battles that you had to endure while traveling, that the actual missions and enemy AI in Far Cry 2 were pretty impressive. I didn't finish it, the road battles were just too much for me, but I do remember thinking that the situations I would find myself in were surprisingly unique during missions and I appreciated how organic it all felt at times.

I just read this on BBC

Interestingly, Wayne Rooney also signed his new contract during the period concerned, but it is not thought the striker's deal resulted in any material wage rise.
Instead, United will provide commercial personnel and expertise to assist in maximising the revenue from his personal image rights.

So he doesn't get £300k?

Wut BBC

Suarez' goals definitely made us competetors this season but I still can't forgive him for dragging our name through the dirt with the plethora of scandals. I wouldn't be sad if we sold him for a good price to a non-prem side to be honest.

Did anyone think outside of the terrible, terrible battles that you had to endure while traveling, that the actual missions and enemy AI in Far Cry 2 were pretty impressive. I didn't finish it, the road battles were just too much for me, but I do remember thinking that the situations I would find myself in were surprisingly unique during missions and I appreciated how organic it all felt at times.

Yeah the sandboxy
that definitely might be a word
stuff was alright. It was the AI and a few of the systems (e.g. respawning checkpoints, weapon jamming, etc...) that really let it down.

I just read this on BBC

So he doesn't get £300k?

Wut BBC
His basic pay didn't change. But our commercial team will basically work for him to get more sponsors which could see him earn an extra £2.5m a year.

So the money won't come direct from us but I think there's a grey line there somewhere. Like we will sign deals which are specifically designed to benefit him maybe.

Nah, we'd have won it if we stayed healthy.

Nobody predicted we would lose Theo, Jack, Ozil and Ramsey at the same time.
Yeah you may have but that's just it, when does a team ever have a clear season from injuries? It just doesn't happen. I don't buy that as an excuse for not winning a title.

Liverpool missed Sturridge for 2/3 months. Suarez for the first 6 games. Aguero was out for ages. Those two teams would have won more points with those guys in tow.

Because the players replacing them are not near good enough you are still a ways behind.

Nah, we'd have won it if we stayed healthy.

Nobody predicted we would lose Theo, Jack, Ozil and Ramsey at the same time.

Anyone (other than Arsenal fans seemingly) could have easily predicted that you'd lose your key players to injury at a key time this season.

We knew this would happen because it has happened every season for the last decade.

In fact let's get this out of the way now.

You will not win the league next year in part due to your best players being injured for significant periods of time. That should cover it.

Anyone (other than Arsenal fans seemingly) could have easily predicted that you'd lose your key player to injury at a key time this season.

We knew this would happen because it has happened every season for the last decade.

You will not win the league next year in part due to your best players being injured for significant periods of time. That should cover it.

Came to post that ^

EDIT: I'll go one step further and say they will be at the top or around it at least, right up until knock out stages of the CL coz they always crumble at that stage for some reason

Salvadora

Yeah, you were a world away.

The fact you guys even think you were close says it all.

7 points is a lot.
7 points is not a world away by any definition of the word. That is literally only a few results going our way. We have given the impression of being well off the mark by poor performances in big games.

Anyone (other than Arsenal fans seemingly) could have easily predicted that you'd lose your key players to injury at a key time this season.

I'd say that's the main difference between City and everyone else, an injured Aguero is shit but it doesn't hurt as much when you've got 3 other quality strikers.

Giroud isn't even that good and if he gets injured, Arsenal are stuck with Sanogo, or Walcott I guess.

faridmon

Depending on signings, I think we can surprise a lot of people!
Europa League, does make things difficult though, but I am optimistic!

7 points is not a world away by any definition of the word. That is literally only a few results going our way. We have given the impression of being well off the mark by poor performances in big games.
Not going to get into the nitty gritty of how many points is close and how many isn't.

Ultimately you were out of the title race over a month before it was decided. We have finished one/two points behind and not really been close. Yeah it's one or two results in hindsight when you go back through the season - but you dropped out of the race a long way back.

Dress the rest of it up however you like.

Really? I don't think there's anything wrong with them as players. Did anyone look at any of the players before the season got going and say they're not good enough for Tottenham? I know I didn't. It's not just cohesion. There are a number of reasons. And some of them might never be good for us, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad players. Diego Forlan had like 2-3 seasons where he wasn't good and he clearly wasn't turd. They've not performed at the level they're capable of, but then how many of our team have?

Sorry I missed this.

I looked at them and thought they looked like good FM players. They're meant to be good/have potential by reputation. But that's not worth all that much if there's no real-world application as yet.

Now Eriksen aside, they've all performed poorly. It's not inconceivable they'll come good next season under new management and with more time to settle. But that's hope talking. There's hope that things will get better on one hand and there's this season's performances on the other. It'll be interesting to see for sure.

Arsenal fans getting carried away again and the season is three months from starting :lol

Dare we dream phase!!

arsenalboombustcycle.png

That line in the Andy Mitten article about Giggs wages possibly dropping from £80k to 1/10 of that as assistant seems hard to digest. Would have thought assistants/coaches earned more than that.

It's also kind of crazy to me that Giggs never even earned anything more than £100k/week over the course of his career and people like Wazza Roon are on over double that :(

Barzul

Fucking hell we got 79 points a couple season's ago we'd have only needed one more win to clinch the title with that kind of tally. Games that cost us the season and the title, Swansea @ H, Villa @ H, Stoke @ A, Southampton @ A. We win those games, next season, we don't even have to beat he big teams, just get draws when possible and we'll win the league, while picking all the other points we did this season.

Fucking hell we got 79 points a couple season's ago we'd have only needed one more win to clinch the title with that kind of tally. Games that cost us the season and the title, Swansea @ H, Villa @ H, Stoke @ A, Southampton @ A. We win those games, next season, we don't even have to beat he big teams, just get draws when possible and we'll win the league, while picking all the other points we did this season.
:lol

Tbf been a whole decade since you were in a serious title race so not surprised you've forgotten how it works.

Wilbur

Banned
That line in the Andy Mitten article about Giggs wages possibly dropping from £80k to 1/10 of that as assistant seems hard to digest. Would have thought assistants/coaches earned more than that.

It's also kind of crazy to me that Giggs never even earned anything more than £100k/week over the course of his career and people like Wazza Roon are on over double that :(

Madness. Can't see his wages dropping that much.

Salvadora

Not going to get drawn into an argument about what constitutes close or not, especially considering Viv and Lab's propensity for trolling in this regard. Don't think Arsenal were close, clearly, but was stating that 7 points is not a world away.
Arsenal fans getting carried away again and the season is three months from starting :lol
Don't know how you read that from the conversation at all. The usual "Arsenal fans" again though innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom