• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you support, Disagree Guy? Welcome btw.

Thanks mate, always a little bit intimidating entering discussion in an established community. Go easy on me.

I support Liverpool, for my sins. Have done for 25 years because my Dad supports them.

I am not 'that' Liverpool supporter who thinks every year is our year but I was so gutted about 'the slip'

Edit: Yes I would so have Paulinho at Liverpool btw. Gerrard, Coutinho and Paulinho........dat passing

BnsvyqMIEAAba96.jpg:large

Salvadora

Thanks mate, always a little bit intimidating entering discussion in an established community. Go easy on me.

I support Liverpool, for my sins. Have done for 25 years because my Dad supports them.

I am not 'that' Liverpool supporter who thinks every year is our year but I was so gutted about 'the slip'

Edit: Yes I would so have Paulinho at Liverpool btw. Gerrard, Coutinho and Paulinho........dat passing
Wouldn't worry, there's a large Liverpool contingent and everyone's welcoming so you should fit in.
i like man city, bayern, juventus and ill let you know my la liga team next week
No need to wait until next week, Sevilla is calling for you.

So what is the common consensus on where we think Man Utd will place next season?

Higher or Lower?

Edit: I think higher than this season but I couldn't say for now which team will drop out of the top 6, perhaps Everton?

darknil

Hello all!

This seems to be a good point to tell that you are new and support Barça. Not wanting to be labeled as I'm joining any victory bus.

As for EPL, eh, I like to stay neutral unless there's a colombian involved (except Rodallega, hate that guy). Same for Calcio.

Nicktendo86

My brother rode past the emerites earlier, said there were big signs up saying road closed for arsenal cup tour bus on 18th. I know they have to plan ahead blah blah but lol, bit presumptuous!

Hello all!

This seems to be a good point to tell that you are new and support Barça. Not wanting to be labeled as I'm joining any victory bus.

As for EPL, eh, I like to stay neutral unless there's a colombian involved (except Rodallega, hate that guy). Same for Calcio.

Neutral implies that you don't dislike Man Utd, City or Chelsea

Wes pls

Hello all!

Welcome. Faustino Asprilla was a great player.

Hello all!

Are you Colombian? Do you know AndresON? Scratch that, are you AndresON?

My brother rode past the emerites earlier, said there were big signs up saying road closed for arsenal cup tour bus on 18th. I know they have to plan ahead blah blah but lol, bit presumptuous!

Liverpool had job adverts placed for stewards for their PL winning parade.

nuff said....

So what is the common consensus on where we think Man Utd will place next season?

Higher or Lower?

Edit: I think higher than this season but I couldn't say for now which team will drop out of the top 6, perhaps Everton?
I think we will finish 3rd or 4th and Arsenal will drop out of the top 4. Everton out of the top 6.

Coventry Telegraph has done an article about former Cov players with convictions:

Magnus Hedman - Taking steroids & cavorting with a prostitute
David Pipe - Fracturing the skull of another man with a champagne bottle
Kevin Thornton - Various including drink driving
Gary Madine - Causing ABH and grievous bodily harm in two attacks
Freddy Eastwood - Fly tipping
Lee Hughes - Death by dangerous driving
Leon McKenzie - Sending fake letters to the police to avoid a driving ban

With the addition of Marlon King we can almost make a full team.

I think we will finish 3rd or 4th and Arsenal will drop out of the top 4. Everton out of the top 6.

I can see that and I would not be disappoint.

I prefer to see Arsenal struggle than Man Utd. Majority of my friends support Man Utd and I feel bad ripping on them for this season.

Randdalf

Victory parades are the best. I remember the one when Portsmouth got promoted from the First Division. Me and my dad spent the whole day walking around Portsmouth, following the bus with our flag. I didn't go to the FA Cup parade, but that was pretty epic too, virtually the whole city was out to see them go by (200,000 people turned up in the end I think).

Coventry Telegraph has done an article about former Cov players with convictions:

Magnus Hedman - Taking steroids & cavorting with a prostitute
David Pipe - Fracturing the skull of another man with a champagne bottle
Kevin Thornton - Various including drink driving
Gary Madine - Causing ABH and grievous bodily harm in two attacks
Freddy Eastwood - Fly tipping
Lee Hughes - Death by dangerous driving
Leon McKenzie - Sending fake letters to the police to avoid a driving ban

With the addition of Marlon King we can almost make a full team.

I'd laugh, but Rangers gave El Hadji Diouf money when he barely deserves jobseekers

Edit: Actually I dunno he did square up to Lennon

Rangers-El-Hadji-Diouf-Ce-007.jpg

Yeah but the main misconception here is that it's to do with team cohesion when I believe the primary issue is that Spurs bought utter turds with the exception of Eriksen.

Really? I don't think there's anything wrong with them as players. Did anyone look at any of the players before the season got going and say they're not good enough for Tottenham? I know I didn't. It's not just cohesion. There are a number of reasons. And some of them might never be good for us, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad players. Diego Forlan had like 2-3 seasons where he wasn't good and he clearly wasn't turd. They've not performed at the level they're capable of, but then how many of our team have?

Are you sure you're a Liverpool fan?

To be fair we haven't exactly 'competed' with Man Utd for years (until this season)

We have been fighting for champs league for the last few years and Arsenal always seemed like our biggest rivals in that department. Also, my Man Utd friends just get sad when I rip on them rather than 'return the banter'

Makes me feel like a bully

darknil

Salvadora

Disagree Guy, Arsenal haven't been Liverpool's rivals over the last few years. You've been hovering around 7th battling the mid table clubs. It was just the fans who saw us as the weak link in the top four and took pot shots as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom