• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
unbeaten at home, also. draw at birmingham killed us and the rest is history

hleb, fabregas, flamini, rosicky... good shit. so good Wenger dismantled it immediately.

say what you will about Adebayor, though, he was/is undoubtedly better than Giroud. even at his cuntiest.
If at the end of the transfer window we still don't have a top striker or a squad capable of challenging for the league I will join the wenger out group. Until the end of the window though, nope.

wedward

If at the end of the transfer window we still don't have a top striker or a squad capable of challenging for the league I will join the wenger out group. Until the end of the window though, nope.

If we don't get a DM I will be Wenger out.

Getting a top striker is going to be very hard. Don't know that I can blame him if we don't.

Abraxas

Lads go see GODZILLA. Really, i'm serious, it will be 100x worth your time. At the cinema i went to at least 100 people lost their shit when Godzilla showed up.

Also for Wes Anderson my order is: Tenenbaums>GBH>Bottle Rocket>Moonrise>....>Life aquatic

Barzul

If we don't get a DM I will be Wenger out.

Getting a top striker is going to be very hard. Don't know that I can blame him if we don't.

My line of thinking. It'll be hard to find a real good one this season. It's really between Benzema, Cavani, Mandzukic at this point. Who else is actually available?

Salazar

My line of thinking. It'll be hard to find a real good one this season. It's really between Benzema, Cavani, Mandzukic at this point. Who else is actually available?

If you can see Wenger forking out what it would take to get Cavani, then I am genuinely startled.

Abraxas

All three of those are unavailable, at least to us. We will most likely get a winger who CAN play down the middle, ideally to complement Wallcott.

Salazar

Good morning

Gh2iAU9.gif

Is today Tancredi Time ?

Stubo

Louis van Gaal gives United ABC of targets before going Dutch
The Guardian said:
Van Gaal has given Ed Woodward, United's executive vice-chairman, an A, B and C list of desired players. The prime potential acquisitions include Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben, who does not take his place in Holland's squad until after Saturday's German Cup final, the winger's club team-mate Thomas Müller, an attacking midfielder, and the Borussia Dortmund central defender, Mats Hummels. Van Gaal has also approved Southampton's Luke Shaw and Bayern's Toni Kroos, who were identified as transfer targets during Moyes' tenure.
Would be very happy with any of these names. Get those CM and CB positions sorted Woodward!

Marc

Morning you beautiful people

Demon souls is going to take an age to finish isn't it? Bosses killed so far are, blob pike stabbing guy, huge knight guy, fat open wound guy, huge fuck off spider, golden dragon (although I don't think he is a boss?). About to take on the mines 2nd boss but needed sleep. Don't think I am close to finishing, so I'll stop going on about it. :)

I really need to learn their names.

Big fan of Wes Anderson, Bottle Rocket is still my fav. I think. The plaster on the nose was genius.

What tope striker is available that we genuinely have a chance at?

How are you going to blame him for something he has so little control over?

Spend a fair wedge on someone who's good and has potential to become top class, as we did with Suarez. Jackson Martinez or someone. Unless he's still valued at like £30m or something

Blablurn

Yeah, I think so. Maybe sometime in the next two weeks. The decision: 2 tickets for Godzilla or 2 menues at MCDonalds.

You either die due to fraudy McDonalds food or you survive two more hours thanks to a boring Godzilla mvoie.

GO FOR GODZILLA.

btw. we are going to lose tmw, innit? I seriously consider not watching it :/ wonder how we'll play..

-----------------Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba

------------Martinez- Kroos---------

----Robben -----Müller-----Götze

------------------Pizza

eh. I guess thats okay.

Jack cw

btw. we are going to lose tmw, innit? I seriously consider not watching it :/ wonder how we'll play..

eh. I guess thats okay.

We are the underdog and I dont think we could win this if we play like the last couple of weeks. Whoever fights and works better against the ball will win this and since Pep wants possession and the counter pressing got constantly worse I dont see Bayern winning this.

Blablurn

Yeah. I know :(

My brother asked me if I wanted to watch it with them.

I was like "Bro pls, We're going to get destroyed. Rather watch this alone."

It's gonna be horrible. Thinking about getting Greek food or McDonalds before to ease the pain :/

We are the underdog and I dont think we could win this if we play like the last couple of weeks. Whoever fights and works better against the ball will win this and since Pep wants possession and the counter pressing got constantly worse I dont see Bayern winning this.

yo :/ I hope pep surprises us just like in that first dortmund game.

Elchele

footygaf pls

are we bayern-gaf the only ones online?

Pep is going to get trashed --> he steps down --> best month for football.

Blablurn

Jack. I have a question regarding the PS4.

I connected it to two TVs. One is an hold 50" Full HD Philips from many, many years ago. The picture looks washed out and kinda off. Not as clean.

Then I connected it to a 55" Samsung 3D TV and the picture looks stunning. Just like in screenshots, videos, everywhere.

Used the same HDMI cable.

I guess the Philips is just too old?

Bayern will win easily

Suarez is one of those players who could swear on his daughter's life that he won't leave in the summer, and I still wouldn't quite trust him.

Marc

Spend a fair wedge on someone who's good and has potential to become top class, as we did with Suarez. Jackson Martinez or someone. Unless he's still valued at like £30m or something

Yeah, or even try a 25-30 million bid for Lukaku. Chelsea have to sell to buy now due to FFP, Mourinho wants rid, doesn't rate Arsenal and no one else will offer that much surely. Get a fast striker who already knows the league and can fit right in.

Or hell, take a cheaper punt on someone like Danny Ings.

Could play it a bit riskier and go for Benteke.

There are options but there is bigger risks to them, Wenger seemingly doesn't even try.

Jack. I have a question regarding the PS4.

I connected it to two TVs. One is an hold 50" Full HD Philips from many, many years ago. The picture looks washed out and kinda off. Not as clean.

Then I connected it to a 55" Samsung 3D TV and the picture looks stunning. Just like in screenshots, videos, everywhere.

Used the same HDMI cable.

I guess the Philips is just too old?

Type the Model Number of the Philips into google and check it's specs

My old TV was supposedly full HD, then when I noticed that the AA was seemingly not working properly on the new PC I checked the TV specs online, and it was 1080i.Not sure why the PS3 was telling me that it was displaying 1080p, but it obviously wasn't. Not sure if the PS3 was pulling some trick to emulate 1080p or something, maybe the PS4 is doing the same for you on the Philips

pappe

I dont like that LVG is targeting Bundesliga players exclusively. I mean which Bundesliga player has really done well in the PL. Hargo for 1 season and Ballack.

Blablurn

Type the Model Number of the Philips into google and check it's specs

My old TV was supposedly full HD, then when I noticed that the AA was seemingly not working properly on the new PC I checked the TV specs online, and it was 1080i.Not sure why the PS3 was telling me that it was displaying 1080p, but it obviously wasn't. Not sure if the PS3 was pulling some trick to emulate 1080p or something, maybe the PS4 is doing the same for you on the Philips

That part about AA (if you're talking about Anti Aliasing) not working is the case here too.

Here is the model number:

I think even my old 32" had a better display.

Elchele

I dont like that LVG is targeting Bundesliga players exclusively. I mean which Bundesliga player has really done well in the PL. Hargo for 1 season and Ballack.

LvG has always said the Bundesliga is the best league. Makes sense he wants to sign players from that league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom