• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

German media seems to report 30m+Mandzukic. Even worse for us.

W1l7r0k.gif

dc89

Neville, Scholes & Butt promised news on their futures yesterday but it didn't come. #mufc now in danger of this getting ugly.
@Ian_Ladyman_DM

Woodward man. He must be a secret agent.

RAC 1 says Pedro is ready to move to England this summer. We missed out on him a year ago, but it's looking like he might finally be done there now (worth mentioning he's not really a La Masia kid like the others, he joined Barca at 17).

If that's the case I expect it will be more likely that Lallana that leaves. Because of the ages of the two players. Shaw will still increase in value, Lallana is unlikely to increase.

Shaw would be much easier to replace than Lallana, and they want £30m+ for him. A left back. And they'll get it because United are desperate. It'll never get better than this.

Sagna offers backup across a number of positions. He filled in at left back when Gibbs and Monreal went down, filled in at centre back and very capable in all areas, excellent in the air. Aurier cannot do this so replacing Sagna means we also need another centre back too. It's like replacing 2 players.

I don't disagree that we should keep Sagna, but Aurier can play LB and CB. Recently he's been playing LCB in their 3-5-2. Arguably just as good in the air too. Not on Bac's level defensively though, obviously.

Salazar

Neville, Scholes & Butt promised news on their futures yesterday but it didn't come. #mufc now in danger of this getting ugly.
@Ian_Ladyman_DM

Scholes has been so "yeah, take it or leave it" about a United career that I can't see his blood pressure going too high about it.

Neville only got back into the United setup because of fucking Moyes. Gawping waster.

Dunno about Butt. LvG probably dunno about Butt either.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor is entering the final two years of his contract at Tottenham and he admits he is not thinking of moving, even if he again finds himself out of favour under whoever is the new manager.

Asked if he would be at Tottenham next season, Adebayor told the Daily Express: "I will be a Tottenham player.

"At the moment I have got two years left on my contract. But what happens if I wake up and what has happened to me in the past has happened again?

"What if the chairman called me and if the new manager says about moving me on, what do you want me to do?

"But it is like I said. At the moment I can't consider going anywhere."

If we sell our best player again I'm going to kill myself. We wouldn't even get a good fee for him, like VDV we would be losing far too many goals for it to be worthwhile. If we have to sell someone this summer it should be Vertonghen. As long as Lloris, Eriksen and Ade are here next season we should be able to start the season properly.

pappe

If that's the case I expect it will be more likely that Lallana that leaves. Because of the ages of the two players. Shaw will still increase in value, Lallana is unlikely to increase.

Replacing Lallana will be tougher imo. It will be very hard for them to get a CAM of the quality of Lallana for 20m. Even if they do its doubtful he will gel instantly.

Selling and replacing a CAM with a lesser quality is more detrimental to the team than replacing a LB and replacing him with a lesser quality player.

Clegg

Unless Shaw really does turn into Bale 2.0 I don't see his value increasing that much. Fullbacks just don't go for as much as an attacker would.

subtles

If Gabigol scores in his next game, he can equal Neymar's total of 14 goals in his first year at Santos (aged 17), with 24 games less than Neymar.

Tc91

5 players targeted, Shaw, Hummels, Vidal, Strootgod, Cavani.

We are winning the league next year I'm calling it.

GQman2121

Banned
Are Mario's wages at Bayern insane or something, or do they just really want to be rid of him?

The 30 £ or € is asinine for Luiz as is. Tossing in a 20+ goal scorer on top of that sum seems like a fuck off to the player.

Derp1na

Banned
Are Mario's wages at Bayern insane or something, or do they just really want to be rid of him?

The 30 £ or € is asinine for Luiz as is. Tossing in a 20+ goal scorer on top of that sum seems like a fuck off to the player.

I doubt he's on insane wages (probably 50-80k), but you're talking about a 20+ goal scorer for Bayern Munich. They want a 40+ goal scorer, which they're getting in Lewa.

I'm sure Mandzukic doesn't want to sit on the bench and would like a new 5 year deal for more money. Deal makes sense for everyone. Bayern just need to buy a new backup striker.

Fintan

It might be a bit irrational, but I really don't want to sell Luiz. Even if it would go some way to solving our striker problems.

pappe

tumblr_n5mtxwIq9G1s8z5rho1_500.gif

So, You want Nani??

tumblr_n5mtxwIq9G1s8z5rho2_500.gif

Yes, yes, Yes!!!

tumblr_n5kxj823Zs1s8z5rho2_1280.png

We will give you Nani and Young and you give us Vidal and your wine collection and your hairpiece for Wayne!

tumblr_n5kxj823Zs1s8z5rho3_1280.png

I Love you, Fergie!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sir Alex Ferguson on Conte "We talked about a lot of stuff, it was a nice evening. Conte is a fantastic manager. Juventus are a great club."

"I am sure that they will do well in Europe next season. Can they win the CL? Why not?."

"Tevez didn't surprise me: he is a great player."
tumblr_mq92hfFRvm1sp6jwzo1_400.gif

We will give you Nani and Young and you give us Vidal and your wine collection and your hairpiece for Wayne!

ibhN1a6HUKSsLd.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^OMG I LOVE HIM

tumblr_ma8hlbcFxe1rz1nmdo1_500.jpg

what is this

who does this

I want this

I'm thinking either Vidal talks or talking about Conte as a future United manager after Gahl's two or so years are up.

read my edit!

-

okay last thing before heading out to lunch!

Higuain "The strongest strikers in Serie A? Immobile, Toni, Rossi & Di Natale." - obvious snap at Tevez.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

fuck off

GorillaJu

Yurt I was invaded by two guys at once and they tried to kill me but I fucking murdered them. I don't think PvP in this game is really fun, though. It drives me mad when people invade me, I just want to keep playing the game, and all they do is fuck me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom