• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

I dont like that LVG is targeting Bundesliga players exclusively. I mean which Bundesliga player has really done well in the PL. Hargo for 1 season and Ballack.

Assuming you are joking but gonna bite

Didi Hamann
Schwarzer (although he might have been second div)
Lehmann
Wigan's finest Uwe Rosler
Ziege (lol)

That part about AA (if you're talking about Anti Aliasing) not working is the case here too.

Here is the model number:

I think even my old 32" had a better display.

Hmm, seems to be 1080p from the specs Amazon is showing me. Not sure why it looks bad

Was gonna ask if you had it set up properly on the PS4 side, but you must have if it's displaying properly on the other TV

dc89

FP3sLHk.png

Even middle England aren't buying the WiiU. Not even at £112.

Blablurn

Hmm, seems to be 1080p from the specs Amazon is showing me. Not sure why it looks bad

Was gonna ask if you had it set up properly on the PS4 side, but you must have if it's displaying properly on the other TV

yeah no idea either. just looks off here. i tried to change the tv settings but that didnt help much. i think its just old.

on the samsung 3d tv it looks stunning though

Jack. I have a question regarding the PS4.

I connected it to two TVs. One is an hold 50" Full HD Philips from many, many years ago. The picture looks washed out and kinda off. Not as clean.

Then I connected it to a 55" Samsung 3D TV and the picture looks stunning. Just like in screenshots, videos, everywhere.

Used the same HDMI cable.

I guess the Philips is just too old?

Yes or there are some picture enhancing features enabled that might result in a more "movie-like" picture but are bad for gaming.

Jack cw

That part about AA (if you're talking about Anti Aliasing) not working is the case here too.

Here is the model number:

I think even my old 32" had a better display.

Bla,
does your old TV have WiFi or USB ports? If so, try to make a firmware update.
You should probably turn off every picture enhancements on your TV to and turn down the sharpness. Otherwise deactivate deep colour in the PS4 settings and if that doesnt help, then you might try it with 1080i or 720p but this is the last step, because your TV should have a native 1080p panel and the firmware update should fix it.

Btw: How is your console connected to the TV - Directly via HDMI or with a reciever passing the signal through to the TV?

Blablurn

Bla,
does your old TV have WiFi or USB ports? If so, try to make a firmware update.
You should probably turn off every picture enhancements on your TV to and turn down the sharpness. Otherwise deactivate deep colour in the PS4 settings and if that doesnt help, then you might try it with 1080i or 720p but this is the last step, because your TV should have a native 1080p panel and the firmware update should fix it.

Btw: How is your console connected to the TV - Directly via HDMI or with a reciever passing the signal through to the TV?

nope. This one doesnt have wifi or usb.

hm, i think turning down the sharpness helped a little! maybe that was off.

it also looks a way sharper in 1080i than in 1080p and 720p. Guess I'll leave it there for now.

Jack cw

it also looks a way sharper in 1080i than in 1080p and 720p. Guess I'll leave it there for now.

Then your TV cant process 1080 at 60p.
Fuck EU panels. Because most of the content here is either 1080p 25p or 50p and games at 30p. Newer TVs can though.

Jack cw

I dont like that LVG is targeting Bundesliga players exclusively. I mean which Bundesliga player has really done well in the PL. Hargo for 1 season and Ballack.

Its not really Bundesliga but Bayern and Dortmund. Hummels is one of Germanys best CBs and Müller, Kroos and Robben are established world class players that would fit in every team.

Jack cw

guess i need a new one in the future :D

Maybe. I dont know why Sony isnt updating this but any TV after 2010 should be able to process those signals. But I said this even back then: Save a few cents and buy the more expensive version of a TV because companies ditch everything for the lower priced models.

Marc

nope. This one doesnt have wifi or usb.

hm, i think turning down the sharpness helped a little! maybe that was off.

Is your TV set to game mode? May be called dynamic, check the manual for gaming as otherwise it will not look right.

On the PS4 you can force a hdmi calibration, you can do this on ps3 as well. May need a reset, think you hold the power button till it beeps a few times. Google it otherwise.

pappe

Its not really Bundesliga but Bayern and Dortmund. Hummels is one of Germanys best CBs and Müller, Kroos and Robben are established world class players that would fit in every team.

Robben wasnt really all that successful when he played in Chelsea. I personally have doubts about Kroos. He has had like 1 and a half good season with Bayern.

Muller is a big question mark as I am not sure what his best position is and where LVG wants to play him as a striker or behind the striker we have better options and on the wings i am not sure whether he is what we exactly need.

Hummels is world class and will be good in any side.

pappe

What is funny is it is made by the Japanese but they look Anglo-Saxon.

#RacistAgainstThemselves

Pappe - U wot m8, Robben was amazing at Chelsea.

He was injured half the time granted when he played he was good but he played like 50 games in 3 seasons.

Jack cw

Robben wasnt really all that successful when he played in Chelsea. I personally have doubts about Kroos. He has had like 1 and a half good season with Bayern.

Muller is a big question mark as I am not sure what his best position is and where LVG wants to play him as a striker or behind the striker we have better options and on the wings i am not sure whether he is what we exactly need.

Hummels is world class and will be good in any side.

You see thats the point. Robben was great at Chelsea and Madrid but neither of the medical staff there were skilled enough to find a concept for him, so he couldnt play for a long time at constant level but in the last 4 years he was always one of the best wingers in the world after Messi and Ronaldo. Kroos is killer in every holding midfield and shows this for years now. And Müller is Müller. His strength is that you cant sort him into a category. He is a player running into spaces that nobody would expect and thats an unique skill. He is no striker, true but the closest to a false 9 besides Messi on a tactical level.

I know that neither of those have that marketing value or huge Nike or adidas deals and lack the swagger of fancy over inflated pseudo stars, but on a football level, every club in this world would want them.

Blablurn

Is your TV set to game mode? May be called dynamic, check the manual for gaming as otherwise it will not look right.

On the PS4 you can force a hdmi calibration, you can do this on ps3 as well. May need a reset, think you hold the power button till it beeps a few times. Google it otherwise.

It doesn'T have a game mode :S

Maybe. I dont know why Sony isnt updating this but any TV after 2010 should be able to process those signals. But I said this even back then: Save a few cents and buy the more expensive version of a TV because companies ditch everything for the lower priced models.

This TV here is from way before 2010. But since it's a 50" Full HD TV I guess it was maybe one of the first of its kind.

pappe

You see thats the point. Robben was great at Chelsea and Madrid but neither of the medical staff there were skilled enough to find a concept for him, so he couldnt play for a long time at constant level but in the last 4 years he was always one of the best wingers in the world after Messi and Ronaldo. Kroos is killer in every holding midfield and shows this for years now. And Müller is Müller. His strength is that you cant sort him into a category. He is a player running into spaces that nobody would expect and thats an unique skill. He is no striker, true but the closest to a false 9 besides Messi on a tactical level.

I know that neither of those have that marketing value or huge Nike or adidas deals and lack the swagger of fancy over inflated pseudo stars, but on a football level, every club in this world would want them.

Lol i have 0 faith in our medical staff. Wealways have the highest number of injured players or are always close to the top besides he is too old to demand a big fee but i guess we have too look at short term fixes as well but whats the point if he is always injured.

I dont know why but Kroos gives me the feeling he will be Kagawa 2.0. Dont ask me why.
And Muller? whats his best position? False 9? We are never gonna play with a false 9!

GorillaJu

Wow, Blatter admits it was a mistake to let Qatar host the World Cup. Well it's only 8 fucking years away now isn't it? I guess it's too late to cancel now that the damage is done.

Who else saw this coming? :p

And pickled cod.

I didn't even know that was a thing. Life was better back then.

Playing a side-mission in FE. Villagers I'm protecting keep running away from me and towards the enemy. Fuck that, turned off. I'd let them die, but I assume there's some reward for keeping one/all of them alive

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I didn't even know that was a thing. Life was better back then.

Playing a side-mission in FE. Villagers I'm protecting keep running away from me and towards the enemy. Fuck that, turned off. I'd let them die, but I assume there's some reward for keeping one/all of them alive

Exactly the same for me in FE. Attempt a mission -> squishy character gets auto-targeted and slaughtered -> turn off game.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger better be taking the FA cup seriously.

It still disturbs me when he says "We've achieved the minimum requirement this season so it takes some of the pressure off but we want to end the season on a high"

That gives me the impression that he is not taking the game as seriously as he should. The backlash Wenger, club, players and fans themselves would cop would be unbearable. I'm far from a trophy whore but being constantly reminded '9 years' while dismissing everything else is getting to me. Players better fucking turn up, especially Ozil, Ramsey and Giroud.

Southampton held a board meeting yesterday regarding Pochettino, Shaw, and Lallana.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/10834910/Southampton-board-meets-over-Tottenham-Hotspurs-interest-in-manager-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

Southampton owner Katharina Liebherr held a board meeting on Wednesday night over Tottenham Hotspur’s desire to speak to manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Club officials discussed how to approach the situation regarding Pochettino, and the offers for Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana.

Pochettino is the favourite to replace Tim Sherwood as head coach at White Hart Lane and Spurs are keen to hold talks with him. Southampton are also considering how they deal with Manchester United’s £27 million offer for left-back Shaw and Liverpool’s £20 million approach over midfielder Lallana.

pappe

I think Southampton will only let 1 of Shaw and Lallana go. I dunno about their financial situation but i think they are not to much in debt and dont really need to sell more than 1 player to survive financially.

Lightning

Banned
Arteta doesn't like that 1 year contract business :lol
Honestly he'll be lucky to even get offered the year deal. We'll find out how that develops next season to how he plays, his fitness levels keep up.

I hate that we've allowed Sagna to move on a free to City though. That's unbelievably dumb. Sagna can play competently across the entire back 4 so will be a great asset to City. Fuck it.

LTWheels

Apparently we have only bid £17m for Lallana so far, according to the Times, with early £20s as far as we are willing to go.

I only really trust them and the Echo with Liverpool news.

I think Southampton will only let 1 of Shaw and Lallana go. I dunno about their financial situation but i think they are not to much in debt and dont really need to sell more than 1 player to survive financially.

If that's the case I expect it will be more likely that Lallana that leaves. Because of the ages of the two players. Shaw will still increase in value, Lallana is unlikely to increase.

Honestly he'll be lucky to even get offered the year deal. We'll find out how that develops next season to how he plays, his fitness levels keep up.

I hate that we've allowed Sagna to move on a free to City though. That's unbelievably dumb. Sagna can play competently across the entire back 4 so will be a great asset to City. Fuck it.
He's nearly 32 and it would cost more to keep him than it would to find a worthy replacement.

Lightning

Banned
He's nearly 32 and it would cost more to keep him than it would to find a worthy replacement.
Sagna offers backup across a number of positions. He filled in at left back when Gibbs and Monreal went down, filled in at centre back and very capable in all areas, excellent in the air. Aurier cannot do this so replacing Sagna means we also need another centre back too. It's like replacing 2 players.

German media seems to report 30m+Mandzukic. Even worse for us.
Why didn't Bayern go for Kos from us? He would be immense for Bayern. Great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom