• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 49s

Breaking: Manchester City fined €60million and Champions League squad reduced to max 21 players for breaches of Uefa FFP regs #MCFC

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

dc89

UEFA statement:

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles...ncialControl/02/10/69/00/2106900_DOWNLOAD.pdf

• Manchester City agree to signficantly reduce transfer spending for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons
  • Manchester City undertakes to report a maximum break-even deficit of €20m for the financial year ending in 2014 and a maximum break-even deficit of €10m for the financial year ending in 2015.
  • Furthermore Manchester City agrees that revenues from the sale of assets within their group structure will not be included in future break-even calculations.

So more selling stuff to NYCFC :(

Oh so wait

They accepted it?

If they did then they won't get out of the group stages again.

A 21 man squad is a couple of injuries away from disaster, especially considering the number of Homegrown talent you need to bring.

Not exactly Man City's main strength

EDIT: They did accept it........experts in spending

City will get back 40 million euros if they fulfill the agreed measures
Makes little difference for them in the grand scheme of things anyway I guess.

Not sure the wage and squad sanctions will have that big an impact.

Still kind of funny since their fans were all on about how they're Manchester City and they fight to the end.

Suen

question....

I want to see the Real Madrid vs. Atletico final in one of two places Lisboa or Madrid (both 4 hours away from me more or less).

Was hoping to hear some opinions.....

Here are mine....

Watching it in Madrid would be amazing because if Real win Cibeles will be insane...... it would not be so much fun if Real lose and it will be full of Atletico fans... plus I've been to Madrid thousands of times and partied thousands of times there so it would be nothing new.

I've never been to Lisboa.... I think the atmosphere will be more friendly there as generally only serious fans and socios will be there. They're going to have huge screens such etc etc

Any opinions or has anyone done something similar? I'm still waiting to last minute to see if I can find tickets to the game for less than 600 euros but it doesn't seem like it's happening.
I'd personally go and watch the game LIVE if I could.

If the owner of Man City decides he wants a new toy and pulls the plug they will plummet so fast with their wage budget.

A matter of time if all these sanctions keep coming in.

Inb4 salty Liverpool fan

dc89

Makes little difference for them in the grand scheme of things anyway I guess.

Not sure the wage and squad sanctions will have that big an impact.

Still kind of funny since their fans were all on about how they're Manchester City and they fight to the end.

I'm sure UEFA will use the money for the good of the sport.
moonface.jpeg

Meier

The squad restrictions are pretty difficult. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out this summer. We may have to keep Micah for another year and let him go on a free after next season.

dc89

City can't spend shit this summer looking at that.

Good job Sagna is coming to us on a free then. And then we will get Mangala and Fernando for a combined £40m or so.

2013/14 - £90m
2014/15 - £40m

I'd say that's a significantly reduced spend.

Meier

In lighter news, this made me lol.

10341678_10201844392661632_7385336370806272697_n.jpg

Try your hardest to tell me that Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora don't look like the Wayans brothers in "White Chicks"

wedward

Yeah didn't Wenger want them banned from CL?

The grapes are the sourest

Nah, just for them to be punished. He has been saying all along he was confident it would be enforced.

Probably not as strongly as he would have liked.

Good job Sagna is coming to us on a free then. And then we will get Mangala and Fernando for a combined £40m or so.

2013/14 - £90m
2014/15 - £40m

lol dc please

dc89

Manchester City Football Club can confirm that at the end of the current financial year (May 31st) it is on course to financially break even, as planned.

Operating with no debt, the Club is realising its football and commercial opportunities whilst continuing unprecedented investments in both youth development and the local community

From the outset, the Club has engaged with UEFA in its introduction of the Financial Fair Play Regulations in good faith and without prejudice and in a transparent and collaborative manner. The Club’s position is that it is beholden upon UEFA and the European football establishment to ensure the same.

The Club can confirm that it has been in discussions with UEFA over the last month - in relation to the application of Financial Fair Play regulations - as has been widely reported and communicated by UEFA. At the heart of those discussions is a fundamental disagreement between the Club’s and UEFA’s respective interpretations of the FFP regulations on players purchased before 2010. The Club believes it has complied with the FFP regulations on this and all other matters.

In normal circumstances, the Club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse. However, our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans, for our partners and in the interests of the commercial operations of the Club.

As a result of these considerations and the fact that the Club is now break even in in its operations, the Club has decided to enter into a compromise agreement with UEFA with the following practical outcomes:

- MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League completion in season 2013-14.

- MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League for season 2014-15

- Rather than having an accumulative allowance of 30m Euros of losses over the next two reporting years (like all other clubs), MCFC will have specific stipulated allowances for 2013-14 and 2014-15 of 20m Euros and 10m Euros respectively. Significantly, MCFC plans to be profitable in 2014-15 and in the years that follow.

- The MCFC Champions League squad for the 2014-15 competition will be limited to 21 players. In 2013-14 the club registered 23 players for the competition and used 21.

- The Club’s expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club’s planned transfer activity.

- The wage bill of the whole club (playing and non-playing staff) for 2014-15 will need to remain at the same level as that of 2013-14 season. It is important to note that additional bonuses for performances can be paid outside this number. Importantly, in reality, the existing MCFC business plan sees a natural decline in that wage bill.

- Given the unique nature of the new City Football Group structure – which incorporates MCFC, New York City, Melbourne Heart and a number of other companies, the Club has agreed to certain non-material terms in order to make FFP reporting as easy as possible for UEFA to discern.

The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season.

Importantly all non-financial sanctions agreed to would have been complied with as a natural course of the Club’s planned business operations.

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/May/Club-statement-16-May

"In normal circumstances, the Club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse."

Basically, we've decided not to utilise our highly paid team of legal God's on this occasion.

Meier

2013/14 - £90m
2014/15 - £40m

To be honest, I could see us skipping out on Sagna now and keeping Richards for another year since he's double HG. There's no way that we'd carry 3 RBs.

Meier

€60m is still a fucking huge sum of money, especially considering how much you have already investing in the squad.

Let's be honest, it's really not THAT much in 2014. If you're in the top half of the PL and getting €100-125m from TV revenue and not investing a significant portion of it into squad regeneration every summer, you're going to get left behind.

Let's be honest, it's really not THAT much in 2014. If you're in the top half of the PL and getting €100-125m from TV revenue and not investing a significant portion of it into squad regeneration every summer, you're going to get left behind.

Mata and Fellaini cost Man Utd more than 60mil.....

Point well made mate

dc89

The squad restrictions are pretty difficult. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out this summer. We may have to keep Micah for another year and let him go on a free after next season.

We registered 23 players last season and we used

We were ready for this :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom