• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Interstellar trailer is stellar.

ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

Linius

Lol

I saw Architecture in Helsinki Live 2 years ago (they were fantastic. One of the best shows I have seen) and they started with the show giving a speech.

'' Any Aussies in the crowd?'' *Alot of Aussies cheering'* ''I know people in UK are sophisticated, because they all speak posh and like their tea, but we have to say this load and clear; None of us are Architects neither are we from Finland'' *People started laughing* '' I bet we blew Aussies brain there, because they are that thick to realise it''

Made me love their name... and the band as a whole!

These guys have a feel for comedy it appears. I can appreciate that.

arkon

Anyone remember that guy who only made about 10 posts in here, and they were all trying to get us to join some fantasy league or something?

Naughty, naughty.

True There are so many pokemon that are better than geodude
For instance
dunsparce.gif

I don't even know what that thing is, but it's already better than geodude.

Enjoyed all of his films except for TDKR

Graham Souness comes across really likable outside of punditry

I think my favourite moment is him planting his team's flag in that Turkish cup final(?) in the middle of the opposition's pitch. Imagine Brendan doing that at Old Trafford....

faridmon

These guys have a feel for comedy it appears. I can appreciate that.

Yeah, few bands/artists can actually tell a joke in a no-cringe worthy way. In fact, I hope most bands would just shut up and play their music because they just suck at talking.

For all the gigs I went, the ones that were actually remotely amusing, can be counted with one hand. Its embarrassing, really!

Zabojnik

My old TV was supposedly full HD, then when I noticed that the AA was seemingly not working properly on the new PC I checked the TV specs online, and it was 1080i. Not sure why the PS3 was telling me that it was displaying 1080p, but it obviously wasn't. Not sure if the PS3 was pulling some trick to emulate 1080p or something, maybe the PS4 is doing the same for you on the Philips

Nah, no trick on PS3's part. Your TV wasn't full HD, it was however HD Ready, which means it can take a 1080p (and lower res) video signal and downscale it to your television's native resolution. If you set your PS3 to output 1080p, your TV will show on screen that it is indeed receiving a 1080p signal. It just forgets to tell you "btw, I'm downscaling that signal to 1366x760, bro". :p

guess i need a new one in the future :D

C'mon, Bla. We'll be 55" Sony W905A bros! Grab one while you still can.

wedward

I think Ramsey and Wilshere would beat up on the smaller teams but would get overrun by more physical mids.

Luckily we will never have to worry about Jack and Rambo being fit at the same time.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 27m
The Liga trophy will tomorrow not be handed to the champions because the president of the Spanish federation is travelling. [antena3]

huh

Salvadora

I think Ramsey and Wilshere would beat up on the smaller teams but would get overrun by more physical mids.

Luckily we will never have to worry about Jack and Rambo being fit at the same time.
This speculation on whether they fit in the same side certainly is interesting. Wonder if we will have a Sophie's Choice situation down the line if it doesn't work.

Suen

Little Pokemon fans can be freaks though.
A friend of mine works for the city administration, and he works through the complaints every once in a while.
Well, there was a woman who was upset about a two week suspension of her son, claming he didn't do anything wrong (that's what he told her).
My friend called the school and asked for a explanation to get an overview over the situation (two week suspension aren't common).

The little shit wasn't paying attention for quite a while and kept drawing his favorite pokemon called geodude.
The teacher kept insisting he should follow the lesson, otherwise he would get send home.
He didn't pay attention...until the teacher took his drawings and his pencil, and he was so furious and mad, he took out a pokeball (merchandise shit) and threw it on the back of the teachers head, while screaming " go geodude TACKLE".

Marc

Interstellar looks very interesting but I am hoping parts of it have been cut badly, as it made it seem like he was abandoning his children for the good of mankind and was lying about coming back. That's pretty fucked up.

Zabojnik

Interstellar looks very interesting but I am hoping parts of it have been cut badly, as it made it seem like he was abandoning his children for the good of mankind and was lying about coming back. That's pretty fucked up.

Mankind > two children. Joel chose poorly.

Marc

Mankind > two children. Joel chose poorly.

Is mankind really worth saving if you can't manage to save your own kids?

That is what I like about Nolan films, may be a bit up their own arse sometimes but they make you think.

Sviatoslav - International footy seems to make managers go full retard.

Capello did the same with us, great manager but yeah dunno what happened. Started so well then lost the plot.

BnwQFx8IUAAA-65.jpg

Stokes and Griffiths with matching hair transplants, at ages 25 and 23 respectively :lol

Stokes looks like he's just had it coloured in with a marker pen

feel

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 27m
The Liga trophy will tomorrow not be handed to the champions because the president of the Spanish federation is travelling. [antena3]

huh
What in the shit? The whole point of his existence is this moment and he's fucking traveling? GTFO

Zenit qualifiers against Bilbao straight after the world cup I will enjoy!
Thankfully Capello +Prandelli+Bento didn't take Zenit players to the World Cup, we'll be more than ready.

Sviatoslav - International footy seems to make managers go full retard.

Capello did the same with us, great manager but yeah dunno what happened. Started so well then lost the plot.
Capello cut like 5 useful players and kept like 10 Heskeys on the final roster :(

Cappa

Banned
question....

I want to see the Real Madrid vs. Atletico final in one of two places Lisboa or Madrid (both 4 hours away from me more or less).

Was hoping to hear some opinions.....

Here are mine....

Watching it in Madrid would be amazing because if Real win Cibeles will be insane...... it would not be so much fun if Real lose and it will be full of Atletico fans... plus I've been to Madrid thousands of times and partied thousands of times there so it would be nothing new.

I've never been to Lisboa.... I think the atmosphere will be more friendly there as generally only serious fans and socios will be there. They're going to have huge screens such etc etc

Any opinions or has anyone done something similar? I'm still waiting to last minute to see if I can find tickets to the game for less than 600 euros but it doesn't seem like it's happening.

Slizz

Go to Portugal, the atmosphere will be less hostile/friendlier and more conducive to an overall good time

EDIT: Then go to the parade if Real win

Does anyone here believe BBC football's gossip page?

If there is truth to the rumours, Dani Parejo and Llalana will be Liverpool players before too long.

Please be true.....

faridmon

Yeah, go to Lisbon. The atmosphere alone will just make thing worth it. I would even go to the city, if I didn't have the tickets as Madristas will be there in a large numbers.

Barzul

Does anyone here believe BBC football's gossip page?

If there is truth to the rumours, Dani Parejo and Llalana will be Liverpool players before too long.

Please be true.....

It is true. And Balotelli and Benzema will be starting strikers at Arsenal next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom