• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

We registered 23 players last season and we used

We were ready for this :p

We're losing a lot of HG players this summer who were registered in this season's squad. Lescott, Rodwell and Richards will all be gone. That's significant. We may have met the squad number this season, but the same squad next season wouldn't meet HG quotas, undoubtedly.

Salvadora

Let's be honest, it's really not THAT much in 2014. If you're in the top half of the PL and getting €100-125m from TV revenue and not investing a significant portion of it into squad regeneration every summer, you're going to get left behind.
It's not when you factor in oil club inflation and the increased TV money, but when you consider how much you have consistently spent over the last number of years, it still represents a big investment. And anyway, not every player costs Fellaini/Mata numbers in 2014. You don't need high profile signings at all. You've just won the title. A couple of astute signings is all you need.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wait KidA and Carbo called her ugly?

PPL WHO CALL WOMEN UGLY ARE THE BEST

SO HONEST AND DIRECT ♡♡♡♡

dc89

We're losing a lot of HG players this summer who were registered in this season's squad. Lescott, Rodwell and Richards will all be gone. That's significant. We may have met the squad number this season, but the same squad next season wouldn't meet HG quotas, undoubtedly.

Gah. But as @City_Watch point out:

@City_Watch 1m
Neither statement actually clarifies whether 8 of the 21 in the CL squad have to be homegrown as has been reported. City used 23 last year.

We're gonna have to wait and see I guess.

Welcome to Manchester, Lee Cattermole/Fabian Delph/Grant Holt.

Suen

dc whatever that happens Isco isn't coming and Aguero is going. Enjoy Betrayary Sagna!

Wenger why didn't you just pay him more

So City can only spend £49 million NET this next season. That means they've got to make big sales or simply wind it in.

Real Madrid may have just moved Aguero to the top of their list.

Meier

It's not when you factor in oil club inflation and the increased TV money, but when you consider how much you have consistently spent over the last number of years, it still represents a big investment. And anyway, not every player costs Fellaini/Mata numbers in 2014. You don't need high profile signings at all. You've just won the title. A couple of astute signings is all you need.

I wouldn't really call it a huge sum of money at this point -- less because of "oil club inflation" and more because of the TV deal. United were spending £25-30m on players left and right long before Chelsea and City were. The TV deal has made it where even a club at the bottom of the table better spend a minimum of £30m when they get promoted if they want to have a hope of staying up. You can no longer get by on the cheap and even Arsenal are starting to illustrate this.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_n5o9txQecO1s8z5rho1_500.gif

tumblr_n5o9txQecO1s8z5rho2_500.gif

tumblr_n5o9txQecO1s8z5rho3_500.gif

tumblr_n5o9txQecO1s8z5rho4_500.gif

You've left me in the lurch, Yurt.

I swear on Baggio I won't forget this.
carbo & kida are my babies <3 pls understand <3

tumblr_inline_mjlx7fQ8Xb1qz4rgp.gif

Meier

So City can only spend £49 million NET this next season. That means they've got to make big sales or simply wind it in.

This is what I suspect will now happen: we will bring in Fernando and Mangala, maybe Sagna since he's free. We will get rid of a few players (maybe Garcia if we bring in Fernando) but definitely keep Dzeko rather than sell him. Less turnover in the squad, but there should be no real need to sell anyone -- certainly not a big player like Aguero.

I think we'll sell Panty and replace him with another HG keeper (Shay Given was rumored) because we'll find more value in using a foreign player slot on an outfielder.

Manager

Can't believe Manager hasn't posted. I hope he's alright -- it's been ages.

He's probably on holiday/ill.

Used to play FIFA with him last year and then he never came back for this year! I miss him. Come back Manager!

Thanks for the concern! I started working on my master thesis and had to move to the capital and leave all forum posting and gaming. I've visited the thread on my phone here and there and followed some of the Whatsapp/balls-gate (think that was after I left), etc. Guess I could've written that, sorry.

Regarding FFP, let's say Sagna, Fernando and Mangala signs as heavily reported. Leaving are Lescott, Barry, Richards, Rodwell and Richards, if we follow Pellegrini's 2 players per position philosophy.

Proposed squad:
Hart - HG
Pantilimon
(Wright - HG)
---
Zabaleta
Sagna

Kompany
Demichelis
Nastasic - U21
Mangala

Clichy - HG
Kolarov
---
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Garcia

Nasri
Silva
Milner - HG
Navas
---
Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo
Dzeko

The problem with this is that there's 18 non-HG, so one too many for Premier League registration. Someone non-HG must be sold if the mentioned players are bought. If it's Garcia, then Rodwell will stay. Rumours of Kolarov leaving, but then a HG left back must be bought.

People keep saying the punishments are a slap on the wrist, but the fee will be higher if City keep making losses. According to them they won't be (being in profit for 13/14 season), so they'll be following FFP in the future. €20m is still a lot of money IMO, for any club...

Barzul

1. City have settled with UEFA's CFCB. No appeal to CFCB & no CAS appeal. This is final.

2. City have agreed to the following: a max loss of €20m for 13-14 season & €10m loss for 14-15 season.

3. City salaries cannot increase over the next 2 accounting periods for players registered in CL squad.

4. City are limited to 21 players for their 14/15 CL season. If they comply with other conditions, they will be back to 25 for 15-16.

5. City won't be able to spend on new transfers for players playing in their CL squad next season. Exact detail not set out.

6. City given a €20m fine based on 13-14 CL prize monies. If don't comply with other conditions, an extra €40m fine imposed.

7. By settling, City can play in the CL next season, though affected parties now have 10 days to appeal the settlement agreement.

From this account Daniel Geey
@FootballLaw https://twitter.com/FootballLaw

In more detail:

- City have agreed to the following: a max loss of €20m for 13-14 season & €10m loss for 14-15 season.

- City salaries cannot increase over the next 2 accounting periods for players registered in CL squad.

- City are limited to 21 players for their 14/15 CL season. If they comply with other conditions, they will be back to 25 for 15-16.

- City won't be able to spend on new transfers for players playing in their CL squad next season. Exact detail not set out.

- City given a €20m fine based on 13-14 CL prize monies. If don't comply with other conditions, an extra €40m fine imposed.

- By settling, City can play in the CL next season, though affected parties now have 10 days to appeal the settlement agreement.

dc89

No big sales required. Mangala and Fernando double purchase comes in less than that.

More importantly, the wage bill has to remain the same. But the deal with UEFA says that performance related pay and bonuses do not have to be declared. Last summer, it was reported that we moved to a structure which is heavily reliant on performance related pay.

Meier

He lives! Glad to hear all is well, Manager. It'll be an interesting summer to be sure -- I think we will make a heavy play for Luke Shaw.

EmiPrime

If City's wages have to stay the same as last season it's going to be difficult to squeeze Sagna's wages into that. He's leaving on a Bosman so he's got to be expecting serious money every week. "Free" he aint.

dc89

Who cares about the sustainability of the sport when its someone else's money right?

@OliverKayTimes
Reminder how Platini initially saw "financial fair play" concept: "If people come into football to make money, we can say &#8216;No, this is bad&#8217;"

But saddling a club with a stupid amount of debt was fine, a debt which still stands at over £300m. Because this goes unpunished. This is perfectly acceptable according to UEFA.

I know you're not a United fan but do you see why City fans get pissed off with FFP?

The fact that FFP doubles as a money making machine for uefa leaves a very sour taste

In an ideal world the bulk of that money would go to charity or something

ASSASSIIIIIN

Manager

If City's wages have to stay the same as last season it's going to be difficult to squeeze Sagna's wages into that. He's leaving on a Bosman so he's got to be expecting serious money every week. "Free" he aint.

Leaving:
Barry £90k a week
Lescott £90k a week
Richards £80k a week
Sinclair £60k a week
(Rodwell £60k a week?)
(Garcia £70k a week?)

In:
Sagna - ~£80k a week?

Meier

I'm pretty certain that our wage bill for 13/14 is notably lower than 12/13 and that 14/15 will be lower than 13/14. The figure from 12/13 included the buyouts for Mancini and his staff and carried all of the shit from the Hughes era. We're past that and every new player we brought in was on a lower salary than Wayne Bridge. For the following season's figures, we're getting rid of Barry and Lescott who are both on or around £100k a week and will no longer be supplementing Adebayor's salary after this season (probably another £100k a week or thereabouts).

In my mind, the figure will be closer to £200-210m for 13/14 based on all of the turnover of players, but I'm sure it will be a much smaller decrease than that in reality. Either way, it will definitely be lower than 12/13. No doubt about that.

wedward

Leaving:
Barry £90k a week
Lescott £90k a week
Richards £80k a week
Sinclair £60k a week
(Rodwell £60k a week?)
(Garcia £70k a week?)

In:
Sagna - ~£80k a week?
Fernando - ~£80k a week?
Mangala - ~£80k a week?

LOOOOL.

Sagna isn't going to get 80 a week.

He wants over 100. Its the reason he is leaving Arsenal.

Considering the FFP conditions and other factors, buying Sagna at all seems like an incredible waste of money to me, even if he is free.

Also, very surprised the Etihad deal wasn't considered RPT and over market value, but never mind.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know why people keep blaming Platini for this

it's like blaming your dickhead for erectile dysfunction

THE PROBLEM IS DEEPER

EmiPrime

Surely if Sagna wants one last payday PSG is the club to go to. It will also help them towards the HG quota.

Not sure how City will manage if they're getting rid of nearly all their English players.

Barzul

Leaving:
Barry £90k a week
Lescott £90k a week
Richards £80k a week
Sinclair £60k a week
(Rodwell £60k a week?)
(Garcia £70k a week?)

In:
Sagna - ~£80k a week?

How the heck do you meet HG requirement when all the players leaving bar one are English? Genuinely curious.

Meier

Leaving:
Barry £90k a week
Lescott £90k a week
Richards £80k a week
Sinclair £60k a week
(Rodwell £60k a week?)
(Garcia £70k a week?)

In:
Sagna - ~£80k a week?
Fernando - ~£80k a week?
Mangala - ~£80k a week?

I think Sinclair is around £45k. Have heard as much as £125k a week for Barry, but maybe closer to £100k is accurate. I'm sure Lescott would be around this figure as well.

Richards is probably a little bit lower since he signed his deal some time ago. Think Garcia is maybe a little bit higher than that.. closer to £80k (I believe we doubled his salary basically).

The new players this past summer all were £80k a week or less with the exception of Fernandinho who some stories pegged as closer to £100k.

Manager

LOOOOL.

Sagna isn't going to get 80 a week.

He wants over 100. Its the reason he is leaving Arsenal.

Ok let me redo so you get my point:
Leaving:
Barry £90k a week
Lescott £90k a week
Richards £80k a week
Sinclair £60k a week
(Rodwell £60k a week?)
(Garcia £70k a week?)
£320k a week free, potentially £450k

In:
Sagna - ~£160k a week?
Fernando - ~£80k a week?
Mangala - ~£80k a week?
£320k a week

Sagna can then get £160k a week without going higher, he can potentially get £290k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom