• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Mason's fucking electric in the show.

I also thought he was killed. Fucking Hannibal with the tactical neck break. If the FBI did that they would surely get him but then we wouldn't have a show. Doesn't matter anyway, everyone will find out in the finale who Hannibal really is which will set up a really interesting and new direction for the show in season 3.

I will miss Mason though as I doubt we will see him again for a while and part of me wishes they held off on the face slaughter because I love mobile and capable Mason.

Yeah, said at the time that Michael Pitt was a brilliant choice and he just gets better.

Yeah, I didn't think this was going to happen until later. Figured he would be got to after Hannibal goes on the run or something. And yeah, Jack actually doing it like an FBI agent would ruin things, can't complain too much as the show is so good. Just wish they would play down the whole Hannibal can't be caught angle.

I could see a plot for Mason when Hannibal is captured as he will surely want to try to get to him in prison/asylum.

That dog scene, this show can really push your limits sometimes. When he eats his nose, blurgh.

If you had to judge it.........who would win?

Its a tough one to call, but I would say you are winning by a pubic hair. :)

I love how Michael Pitt copies Gary Oldman's syntax and accent for Mason Verger.

Yeah, but he makes it his own though. And Gary Oldman was pretty much the only good thing about that movie.

Thought he had been picking some proper shit films recently as I saw his name in the Robocop remake and in a trailer for the apes movie. Saw Robocop the other day, waaaay better than I was expecting so my trust in him is restored. Greatest actor around.

Give me a ford mondeo and a beard and I could make Locke, easy

CAN YOU EVEN BUY WISPA GOLD ANYMORE

I'd happily slide a kinder bueno up there

A white one. It's crumbly on the bottom.

3ySBeey.jpg

For the record - a corner shop in my town sells that shit..Wispa gold all day

EDIT: Cheers Marc, pubes are now my favourite. I just spout bro.

Salazar

we'll be dead soon (especially you, sal, you old fuck)

start ticking off that bucket list

:lol

Fatality risk factors are buzzing round your fuckin head like a mosquito swarm and you think mere time is gonna get me faster

fuck you chicken handler

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

Fatality risk factors are buzzing round your fuckin head like a mosquito swarm and you think mere time is gonna get me faster

fuck you chicken handler

Hahaha <3

Give me your Louis thoughts, baby. Give them to me. Tell me how excited you are.

Wilbur

Banned
"Ashley, what formation should we play this week?"

"4-4-2, boss."

"Antonio, what formation should we play this week?"

"4-4-2, gaffer."

"Wayne, what formation should we play this week?"

"Glad you asked m8, u know who is in charge round 'ere"

but 442 is dead why cant epl accept that

Makes me laugh when Neville talks about 4-4-2 being intrinsic to the fabric of Man Utd, like it cannot be ditched under any circumstances. Fuck that. If your wingers are shite, centre midfielders defensively weak and immobile, and the strike partnership isn't working, 4-4-2 isn't for you.

K1LLER7

Makes me laugh when Neville talks about 4-4-2 being intrinsic to the fabric of Man Utd, like it cannot be ditched under any circumstances. Fuck that. If your wingers are shite, centre midfielders defensively weak and immobile, and the strike partnership isn't working, 4-4-2 isn't for you.
Have a feeling Neville won't be a fan of LVG next season.

Also think Rooney will be made captain.

Wilbur

Banned

Neville's a fucking idiot when it comes to us

"United stand against the immediacy of modern life"

what

what does that even mean you fucking blert

K1LLER7

The Moyes/Phil/Gary dream team will thrive at another club, United's loss!
I think Gary is pretty good with his analysis and what not, but when it comes to United, I don't agree with him at times, especially this season. He'd have probably kept David Moyes as manager if he could make the choice.

Tanned-

Banned
Have a feeling Neville won't be a fan of LVG next season.

Also think Rooney will be made captain.
van gaal likes fit players who are smart on the field.

and you think he makes a fat scouser captain? bet he'll be sold after he lights up his first cig and refuses to train m8

Meier

There is absolutely no way we've offered Sagna a £140k a week deal. Zabaleta doesn't even make over £100k a week and we're going to offer his back-up something like 1.5x it? Lol. The Sun is so dumb.

http://i.minus.com/igSeAImdhRR4G.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

The episode this week.. whoa, talk about grisly. I could barely watch the scenes with him... I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it, lol.

Salazar

Stand by your managers?

What when your manager's ginger hair is barely visible above the swamp of despond and fuckery he has spent a season burrowing into ?

United are a fucking corporate behemoth and Neville is only about a dozen brain cells superior to his brother.

arkon

What when your manager's ginger hair is barely visible above the swamp of despond and fuckery he has spent a season burrowing into ?

United are a fucking corporate behemoth and Neville is only about a dozen brain cells superior to his brother.

You get rid. I certainly would have. Especially when there's the chance of the guy spending 8 or 9 figure sums in the transfer window, if he stayed on. Wouldn't trust him with it.

GQman2121

Banned
She's All That is a better picture than The Wolf of Wall St.

Better because you can watch it again at a later date. Wolf....not so much.

She's still in ugly mode in that gif. That film taught me that nobody who wears glasses can be attractive.

Edit: I'm a member now. Time to make a thread demanding some changes around here.

ATF487

She's still in ugly mode in that gif. That film taught me that nobody who wears glasses can be attractive.

Edit: I'm a member now. Time to make a thread demanding some changes around here.

Holy shit I dont think I could disagree with any opinion more than this

Dat librarian look :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm pretty sure I'm having the best Hannibal experience among the Hannibal fans, and it's all thanks to my gold fish memory.

Like, I remember
a disfigured guy
in one of the movies but I forgot which one it was :lol :lol

without a condom
It ain't worth it.
It ain't worth it.
It ain't worth it.
Nathan, you FUEL! IT AINT WORTH IT

your back and forth with Sal was the greatest exchange in the history of GAF :lol

Godzilla was good. really enjoyed it.

Me too! It was really fun!

Salazar

tumblr_n5nqd1ev2j1qcs8ss2z.gif

Banned Paper on David James being declared bankrupt said:
But the sport will be shocked by his precarious finances because he was always presented as the thinking man’s footballer during his playing career.

:lol :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neymar's arrival was the beginning of Barcelona's downfall

It&#8217;s immensely difficult to plan, create and execute the greatest football team of the modern era. It&#8217;s even more difficult to destroy that vision in 12 months. But Barcelona have somehow managed it, and the degeneration picked up pace from the moment Neymar swaggered into Catalunya

No longer &#8216;Mes que un club&#8217;; now, any old club.

Even before considering what an unequivocal misadventure the specifics of the transfer proved to be, at face value it was an endeavour not to improve the team but appease sponsors and fulfil the egos of certain high-ranking officials. Neymar, through no fault of his own, became a bystander in a narcissistic power play, as everything that Barca stood for, arguably for the first time in a decade, became a secondary consideration to revenue generation.

Money drives everything, of course it does. But Barca do it differently, don&#8217;t they? It says so right there in the slogan. Not so, not now.

The first warning sign was the uneasy partnership with Qatar that meant a sponsor on the jersey for the first time. From there the path from righteousness towards self-aggrandising rhetoric moved all too swiftly. A club that dealt with its issues with class and integrity fast descended into a duplicitous organisation.
Neymar&#8217;s deal meant no centre-back was brought in - another season where the glaringly obvious weak point of the team was not addressed. Neymar is a marketing superstar first, footballing superstar next, and it was too easy for the club to strengthen brand synergy with Nike rather than bring in a player who does uncivilised things like tackle, header, and block. Things that Carles Puyol used to do rather well.

It came in the midst of decisions made with dubious ethics. Before his heartbreaking passing Tito Vilanova&#8217;s initial illness was not particularly well-handled, nor was the thrusting of Jordi Roura into a position he openly admitted he did not desire, stating he was &#8216;just there to do his job&#8217;. Eric Abidal&#8217;s send-off was ill-judged, given the defensive situation, coupled with the fact he has performed to a high standard with Monaco this season. Victor Valdes, a player who breathes Barca, was suitably disillusioned that he opted to leave.

The Camp Nou redevelopment project, spending &#8364;600m to increase capacity and corporate seating at a time when the stadium has been less than half full before Atletico Madrid&#8217;s arrival on Saturday, may come across in a practical sense as a means to an end in terms of future revenues. But it&#8217;s hard to shake that, just like the tickertape arrival of Neymar, it&#8217;s a vanity project for men in suits to attach their legacy to.

And perhaps most gallingly, Neymar is the antithesis to the Barcelona project. La Masia and its ideals mean development of talent from a young age, cultivated to play a certain way. That&#8217;s not to say that Barca shouldn&#8217;t sign top talents, but an attacking player, renowned for his individuality, wasn&#8217;t what was needed to retain continuity.

"Neymar will be remembered for the season when the greatest Barca came to an abrupt"

YES NEYMAR DA SILVA SR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom