• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

I will be happy with a quarter final but it is known that Italy is always shit in the next international tournament after the one they reach they final or they won

arkon

Yeah, I don't really get that one. Unless Robbins is giving him assurances of first team action. Why would you come to be back up at that sort of age? Surely you'd want to be getting as much game time as possible.

The_Joker

VRBwq5r.jpg

Marc

I think any decent team could stop us but I don't know why we are always showing better performances against England in cup matches. I see England on a level with Germany though. Decent but no favorites.

You have fantastic players all over, if you didn't have injuries you would probably be my favourites to win it. Although obviously Low is a bit of a dolt, but then most international managers are.

England are well behind and I don't see Woy bringing them on in anyway, I will be stupidly optimistic though because I have nothing else in football. :(

Rikkun

Formazioni Ufficiali Milan-Sassuolo (38° Giornata Serie A TIM)
MILAN: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Rami, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Taarabt, Pazzini, Kakà.
A disp: Amelia, Coppola, Zaccardo, Zapata, Emanuelson, Essien, Poli, Honda, Balotelli, Mastour, Petagna, El Shaarawy.
All. Clarence Seedorf.
SASSUOLO: Pomini; Mendes, Cannavaro, Ariaudo, Longhi; Chibsah, Magnanelli, Missiroli; Berardi, Zaza, Sansone.
A disp: Polito, Pucino, Antei, Terranova, Gazzola, Rosi, Marrone, Biondini, Brighi, Masucci, Sanabria, Floro Flores.
All. Eusebio Di Francesco.

According to Sassuolo page on Facebook.

I don't follow Milan, so.

Marc

Football GAF in having million different standards shocker

Its like when one guy in gaming has a shocking opinion and someone uses that to represent all of GAF.

Free thinking is not a familiar concept to some people I guess.

Any time I think of cancer I think of South Park personally but that is me.

Salvadora

I think what you're not considering KidA is the different uses of cancer and AIDS.

Cancer from what I remember is generally used as an insult whereas AIDS is used in the "Fletcher has AIDS" way.

Think most people stayed silent on the whole debate anyway.

Slizz

I think what you're not considering KidA is the different uses of cancer and AIDS.

Cancer from what I remember is generally used as an insult whereas AIDS is used in the "Fletcher has AIDS" way.

Think most people stayed silent on the whole debate anyway.

Theres no multiple meaning for AIDS, like there is for cancer though.....

1 definition of cancer = a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate.

Which is exactly what Phantas meant when he prefaced it with red.

EDIT: And I'm done on the subject. Use both or neither. Don't try and compare or validate one.

For all the shit Arsenal got for no trophy in 9 years, it's incredible how little people talk about the fact that Liverpool haven't won the league in 24 years.

That's partly because any mugs can win a cup, while we haven't been the best team in the country since we won the league. Liverpool not being able to win the league has become standard, while you've been at least the 4th best team in the country every year for a decade, so should have been able to win one of the 35 other trophies you've been legible for since the Cup win in 2005

jtb

Banned
honestly, if I wanted to be offended by the usage of either AIDS or cancer (and I don't really), I'd definitely be offended by AIDS first, considering the huge social stigma, the fight to recognize it as an actual disease, homophobia, etc.

no one really denies cancer exists... it's a natural phenomena. death is a natural phenomena. it happens.

Assume you're a footballer and you're pretty hot shit - would you play for the one club you support (assuming they're not rubbish and the money is good) or would you want to go and play for say United, Barca and Bayern and build a more continental legend.

Kyoufu

Assume you're a footballer and you're pretty hot shit - would you play for the one club you support (assuming they're not rubbish and the money is good) or would you want to go and play for say United, Barca and Bayern and build a more continental legend.

Shearer did the former. <3

I'd probably play for the club I support.

Salvadora

What clubs were you thinking of in the first bracket?

Assume you're a footballer and you're pretty hot shit - would you play for the one club you support (assuming they're not rubbish and the money is good) or want to go and play for say United, Barca and Bayern and build a more continental legend.

Depends how good they are. If Liverpool played in League 1 and had little prospect of growing exponentally in a short window, I'd rather play for someone else. Not sure who though, I dislike all the top English clubs except for Arsenal, don't like Real or Barca and don't like Bayern. I find it a bit odd that footballers my age are so desperate to move to clubs that non-footballers hate.

Like, there must be someone who hates Real Madrid enough to prefer to move elsewhere :p

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Football is a job at the end of the day and it's easy enough to say from our position, but you'd want to make as much money as you could for your family in the short career that you have. The latter.

Though as much of a cunt as Craig Bellamy is, his heart is in the right place. You can give the club you support your final years if they want/need you.

DominoKid

i'd be trying to play for Real Madrid.

then spend the downside of my career in some place that pays me an assload of money, the expectations are lower and the location is nice.

The one I support.

L1NETT

Footballers careers are what, like a couple of decades. Considering how easily it could all slip away, you move for the money

There is no honour among modern footballers. And why should there be, they have a relatively small amount of time to get payed before they retire.

Salvadora

Say a team that has got next to no hope of winning a league without oil money which doesn't appear to be forthcoming and can't pay you more than £100k/week.
Definitely the second option then.

If they were competing in the Champions League and could give competitive wages, I'd stay. But it's a short playing career at the end and you would want to play for a "big" club, win trophies, and play with players of a similar level. I'm sure if I played professionally I would want to be known for my talents too.Would respect the people who chose otherwise, though.

MrKaepora

Well...we didn't get the Europa league but the portuguese cup is ours.

Triplete!

Oblack, what a GK. The man hold the score in the final moments.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Getting a little worried about LvG, papers have been reporting hes gonna sign soon for weeks now, no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom