• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rummenigge on the Hummels goal:
"The goal was irregular because Hummels was clearly offside. Very clearly. He was slightly offside, we have also analyzed this again."

looool

"We have also analyzed this again."

Rummenigge stop, you're killing me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Who is he going to have as captain?

van Persie?

Other than DDG or Rooney I legitimately do not know who else it could be that commands a starting place every game. I think its inevitable RvP will be and though I dont like it its the best choice of the bunch.

Nicktendo86

I'm so happy he has finally been announced. If this season is a disaster at least we will get a lot of laughs and hopefully some amazing gifs out of it.

LNBL

Louis is ready

ibmCxU1cWtrsZC.gif

Jack cw

Are those rumors about Neuer possibly being out for the WC true?

Well, I'm not going to say that I'm happy yet, we're still talking about Jogi Löw after all. That might mean that he will play Starke or someone instead of Weidenfeller :lol

Dont be so salty Milch. We all know that ter Stegen will be goalie if Neuer is out.

Hixx

The Engineer will continue to dominate Manchester. It is known.

Absolutely. Still think Man United will do well to finish 4th next season unless he van Gaal does genuinely rip that team apart.

Hahaha crossed lines on SSN. Someone shouting "I DUNNO MATE" over the presenters.

Tc91

Ronay's written a fucking delightful piece, as usual. Worth a read for anyone.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...r-united-anti-moyes-disciplinarian?CMP=twt_gu

There is a famous story about Louis van Gaal from his time at Bayern Munich. Van Gaal had insisted from the start on two major protocols at team meals: players must eat in the same space every day and they must sit up straight. A few weeks later Van Gaal spotted Luca Toni slouched in his seat at lunch and began to shout across the canteen. When Toni took no notice Van Gaal marched across, grabbed him by the collar (he is 6ft 1in, Toni 6ft 3in) and yanked his centre-forward up and almost out of his seat before walking back to his lunch in silence. Nobody slouched after that. Least of all Toni, who left on a free transfer before the year was out.

Rooney is already dead.

Walshy

We always go after the complicated transfers:

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 8m
Can: situation complicated. He has a release clause. But Bayern also have an option to buy him back. Leverkusen with a huge legal problem(1)

Release clause should not have been inserted. So far, no contact between Leverkusen and Bayern. Deal hangs in the balance (2)

Bayern option is active throughout, irrespective of other interest. (But staggered buy-back fee) (3)
Well look at it this way.

If we get him he'll be alright and probably won't fullfill his potenital. If we get him, he'll be a world-beater and go on to be a German world-cup winning captain.

Such is our luck with transfers.

Other than DDG or Rooney I legitimately do not know who else it could be that commands a starting place every game. I think its inevitable RvP will be and though I dont like it its the best choice of the bunch.
It would be crazy to see Rooney get it, espcially after his run-ins with the club over the last few years.

de Gea probably isn't ready yet, so RvP is probably the best choice.

Dont be so salty Milch. We all know that ter Stegen will be goalie if Neuer is out.

I obviously want Weidenfeller but ter Stegen is still better than Neuer.

Neuer got one WC because of Adler's injuries, would be only fair if he missed out on another one because of an injury :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Today Bild, of course, wrote a new article about Mandzukic. Saying it all changed after the Real game when immediately afterwards Pep gave a heartfelt apology to the team in the dressing room. He took all responsibility and said the loss was due to his tactics. Apparently everyone was very moved, except for Mandzukic who laughed at him. Since then he's continually been ignoring Pep's orders during training and when he does participate it is with a ferocity that endangered the health of his teammates.

this is the funniest thing I've read this week ahahah

OH COME ON

Jack cw

I obviously want Weidenfeller but ter Stegen is still better than Neuer.

Neuer got one WC because of Adler's injuries, would be only fair if he missed out on another one because of an injury :D

And Schweinsteiger and Khedira worked because Ballack got injured. We better deal with it. Neuer is by far the best keeper in the world. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom