• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
LVG - "I am who I am - confident, arrogant, dominant, honest, hard-working and innovative."

So different to The Chosen One

I feel sorry for Moyes but its nice to go back to the "We do not fail" rhetoric, the "We will try" was fucking depressing.

Tc91

BoAPE9hCMAABS-M.jpg:large

Today is a fantastic day for Manchester United. Louis van Gaal is a great appointment and let me begin by telling you how delighted I am to be working with someone of his calibre. His credentials are second to none and I’m positive the club will thrive under his leadership over the coming years.

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from professional football and embark upon a new and exciting chapter in my life, as assistant manager of Manchester United. I am immensely proud, honoured and fortunate to have represented the biggest club in the world 963 times and Wales 64 times. My dream was always to play for Manchester United, and although it saddens me to know I won’t be pulling on a United jersey again as a player, I have been lucky enough to have fulfilled that dream playing with some of the best players in the world, working under an incredible manager in Sir Alex Ferguson, and most of all, playing for the greatest fans in world football. I have always felt and appreciated your support.

I want to also give a huge thanks to the backroom staff and support teams we have and have had at Manchester United over the years. I would not have achieved the success I have without your continuing dedication and commitment to creating the best environment to enable the players to thrive. I would not have won 34 trophies in my career without you. I would also like to say a special thanks to my friends and family for all your love and support.

For me, today is a new chapter filled with many emotions - immense pride, sadness, but most of all, excitement towards the future. United fans I hope will share and echo my belief that the club, the management and owners, are doing everything they can to return this great club to where it belongs, and I hope to be there every step of the way. To the greatest fans in world football, thank you, I have loved every minute of playing for you and representing the biggest and best club in the world.

See you next season.
Ryan

:(

The aesthetic for all these goddamn United things is annoying. I bet they just let Woodwards 12 year old whose just learned Photoshop make them all.

Carbonox

First season isn't all that to be honest.

Season season is god tier TV though.

Yah, it's a good demo of their incredible imagination with some crazy as fuck scenery but otherwise the plot is pretty dull and you don't get a true inkling of shit until the last couple of episodes of the season.

Second season is truly special though. The finale this weekend is going to be fucking crazy. Third season should be even more exciting with the plot they've laid out for it.

Derp1na

Banned
Van Gaal should have fucked off the Class of 92 and all Moyes' staff.

History is history, isn't it. Giggs probably thinks that by being an assistant he will be the next ManYoo manager when Van Gaal fucks off in three years, despite having next to no management experience. He's probably right, that's why Van Gaal needs to fuck Giggs off, so you don't have this cunt licking his lips (or his sister-in-law's vaginal lips) and he can spend the next few years managing a few shit sides and is made to look like the twat that he is.

It is a simple fucking formula, get rid of this cunt, who will add no value to him anyway, or let him be there so he can pick up "experience" putting the cones out and be replaced by him as soon as the fan dressed as a grim reaper next makes an appearance.

We always go after the complicated transfers:

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 8m
Can: situation complicated. He has a release clause. But Bayern also have an option to buy him back. Leverkusen with a huge legal problem(1)

Release clause should not have been inserted. So far, no contact between Leverkusen and Bayern. Deal hangs in the balance (2)

Bayern option is active throughout, irrespective of other interest. (But staggered buy-back fee) (3)

Last Can tweet: very curious scenario. Two conflicting contracts. One between player and Leverkusen, other one between Bayern and Leverkusen

Thank fuck we're trying to get this bollocks done early, rather than finding out about it in the middle of August.

GGs Bla. First one was a really well contested match, good fun that.

The second, you played well but oh my days, my players just couldn't pass to each other to save their lives!

GG Will! Was good fun. Do you play manual? You can really create some awesome plays.

Nope, to be honest I forget what I'm set to. I use the right stick a lot off the ball to position my players so that when I get the ball they're exactly where I want to be to move forward.

Works pretty well most of the time! We'll play again soon :D

Blablurn

Nope, to be honest I forget what I'm set to. I use the right stick a lot off the ball to position my players so that when I get the ball they're exactly where I want to be to move forward.

Works pretty well most of the time! We'll play again soon :D

I see! Didnt know you could do that with the right stick :O

WJD

Watching the Barca-Man Utd final from 08/09

Why the fuck did Guardiola voluntarily turn to tiki-taka?

To be fair to him they went full on tiki taka against us in 2011 and ripped us apart even more so than in 2009. Possession and other stats were a lot more even in Rome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom