• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

------------------------------ Sturridge ------------------------
Lallana/Sterling ----- Wilshere/Barkley ----- OxFarm
------------- Gerrard --- Henderson/Barry ------------------
Baines ------- Cahill ------ Jagielka ------ Training Cone
---------------------------------- Hart ---------------------------------

LegoArmo

Jones has been shown in the big games to reliably keep players like Ronaldo, Ribery and Bale pretty quiet.

Johnson has been shown to stand and do nothing. Obviously offers a hell of a lot more going forward, but I think the team I posted has more than enough attacking prowess.

K1LLER7

---------------- Hart -------------

Johnson - Cahill - Jones - Shaw

------ Wilshere - Gerrard ------

Sterling ---- Rooney ---- Barkley/Lallana/Ox

--------------- Sturridge ----------

WC winners right here.

Jagielka is overrated.

subtles

---------------- Hart --------------------

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Shaw

---------------- Gerrard ---------------

----- Henderson ------ Barkley-------

Sterling --------------------- Lallana

--------------- Sturridge --------------

wedward

Wilshere will lead England to glory. Book it. Gunna be England's best player this summer.

Hart
Johnson Cahill jag Baines
Wilshere Gerrard
Ox Rooney Lallana
Sturidge

Banjo

--------------------------- Navas ----------------------------

Gamboa - Acosta - Umaña -Gonzalez - Oviedo

-------------------- Tejeda ------ Borges------------------

Campbell ----------------------------------Ruiz------------

-------------------------- Saborío ----------------------------

This team will rip apart England, Italy and Uruguay
Mark my words

GorillaJu

Come on, man, I included 4 of your players :(

Moyes, as a Scot, purposely ruined United's top English talent to trick Hodgson into not playing them at the World Cup.

I think your team is a-ok I just wanted to throw in some players I appreciate like Delph and Barkley. Jones at RB is fine with me personally. Rooney is going no matter what too.

Zabojnik

Ranieri is saying that Monaco are the true champions of Ligue 1 because PSG violated FFP. I don't even....

/dead

If they did, then he's abso-fucking-lutely right. Cheating is cheating. /Juve'd

so... the dual shock 4 is giving me wrist-related issues. this thing is going to ruin my right wrist.

i didn't have any of these problems with the ds3. ;_;

Gripmaster-Pro-Hand-Strengthening-System-Gear-Patrol.jpg

Kroos said some guys from NADA (anti-doping agency in Germany) showed at his house at 6:30am on wednesday

:lol

Van-Gaal1.jpg

I know it won't happen but how amazing would it be if it did.

And even more amazing if we then went on to win the scudetto and/or EL.

Salazar

Reads like something a management consultant would get paid £500 p/h to write on a white board repeatedly.

The kind of tattoo David Moyes would get, if David Moyes got tattoos.

LvG is our guy. Feels good to eliminate the criticism that Manchester United has a manager that doesn't understand football.

Because Louis gets it.

arkon

Jones has been shown in the big games to reliably keep players like Ronaldo, Ribery and Bale pretty quiet.

Johnson has been shown to stand and do nothing. Obviously offers a hell of a lot more going forward, but I think the team I posted has more than enough attacking prowess.

Jones has also shown that he likes to throw himself into ridiculous challenges which invariably result in him being subbed off through injury. Waste of substitutions which are crucial to Hodgson's winning methods. Has his share of other brainfarts too.

Salazar

What's the difference between berk and nurk?

Berk begins with a more forceful consonant. I tend, at any rate, to find that suggestive of innocence, guilelessness. Nurk has malignity: nurk slides into sonic being, whereas berk just plonks itself in the ear.

Nurks should know better; berks are Hodors.

wedward

Berk begins with a more forceful consonant. I tend, at any rate, to find that suggestive of innocence, guilelessness. Nurk has malignity: nurk slides into sonic being, whereas berk just plonks itself in the ear.

Nurks should know better; berks are Hodors.

I'm definitely more of a nurk.

Little does he know that Winston Reid is going to embarrass Man City in the last match.

ynwa

I'd pay so fucking much to win the league. It'd have kept me happy for weeks.

Now the lasting image of this season will always be the ball rolling under Gerrard's foot, and him falling over in his desperation. Fuck football, man.

At least we'll win the World Cup though. Right?

subtles

Who's this 'wonderkid' we signed from Arsenal? Is he better than Adnan?

Gerrard Gifs tomorrow.....

Big Sam; if there was ever a time to prove your ability to 'out-tactic' other managers, it's tomorrow.

Salazar

He starts to describe a very difficult year. First, he says, there was the debilitating impact of his early-season injury. “I need to be fit to be good,” he says, simply. “Even when I am injured I can play but the fitness is not the same.” Fellaini is referring to the wrist injury he sustained against Shakhtar Donetsk on Oct 2, in only his third start for United, which hampered his performances throughout the autumn and required surgery in December, keeping him sidelined until February.

“I was injured for three months and that was a difficult moment for me. When you arrive in a new team you want to play, you want to stay with the team and when you can’t play it is difficult to see the team – even off the pitch. When this season finishes I will start with my preparation for the next year and it will be good.”

Disarmingly shy, the Belgian converses in a barely audible whisper at odds with his belligerent and combative on-field persona. But he delivers a declaration – part promise, part warning – with a flinty stare: “I will look to show what I can do next season.” Fitness has always been an important part of Fellaini’s life. A talented 10,000 metres runner in his youth, he would run to school in Brussels, with his father Abdellatif trailing behind on a bike, while other kids took the bus. For a battering ram of a player whose most destructive performances have involved roaming runs and intimidating physicality, a loss of fitness equated to a loss of confidence and form.

However, Fellaini insists that he is inspired, not intimidated, by the demands of the club. He knows there is only one way to be remembered at Old Trafford: “For people to not forget me we have to win a trophy,” he says.

pls

Louis will be the judge of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom