• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
"Players treat me like supply teacher".

No, Timmy. No. The players are in love with you, Tim. Your tactics are amazing, Tim.

Elchele

I can totally see Bayern extending Pep for one more year after getting destroyed by Dortmund in the DFB Pokal finale tho. dat PR
But I think (hope) Guardiola would disagree with it

Suen

suen pls

I would have to change teams like Fry
Change teams you say?

ghirardi2.jpg

Clegg

Sal's favourite retired journalist Bob Cass says we signing Kroos and Shaw this summer.

Yes Gahl.
Not sure how solid Cass' info is anymore. He had the inside track because Fergie fed him info. But now that he's been frozen out at United you'd have to wonder if his info is up to date.

Lightning

Banned
GeoffArsenal is claiming that Arsene has the RB situation sorted for next season. Hopefully that means keeping Sagna. It would be cheaper to give Sagna the money he deserves than to sign a new RB for 10 mil.
The issue with Sagna is age and fitness. 31 now, our fullbacks need to do a lot of running so fitness would become a factor so we would only be delaying the bill by 2 years.

I want Sagna to stay but a new RB needs to be brought in either way.

rvy

Banned
I truly miss OG Mourinho. I don't know who this man managing Chelsea is.
Will he become even worse in the off-season? He's already a buffoon as it is. Surviving by status and controversy.

Blablurn

I cannot sleep :( PS4 pls. If i had it now I would play NBA 2K against rvy and FIFA against everyone else.

elsk. will you play fifa against me?

Just watched that "It's A Wonderful Run From Giggs" documentary again.

Fucking hell. To think he's gone on to win a few more trophies since aswell.

When Giggs goes, if it's on the weekend - that's it, I don't think it'll ever be the same again for alot of fans. Obviously the club goes on and there are new players but GIggs' retirement will truly signal the end of the era that will forever define the club.

Favourite Giggs goals?

For some reason this is mine. Not a particularly great or important one - just loved the moment.

Meier

FIFA Clubs are so fucking fun. And so frustrating.

Ideally that's the only mode I'd ever play but I do play some FUT too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sherwood has some out with a lot of shit but he's right on this:

“The players need to show professionalism and try 100 per cent. This is a big club, any manager who comes in here or any players who ever play for Tottenham should never be thinking they’ve outgrown this football club. Too many do, they think they’re doing us a favour by being Tottenham players which is a real problem.”

Paulinho and Vertonghen are the two worst offenders. We need to look a lot more carefully at the personality of players we sign from now on.

rvy

Banned
I cannot sleep :( PS4 pls. If i had it now I would play NBA 2K against rvy and FIFA against everyone else.

elsk. will you play fifa against me?

I thought about buying a used copy of FIFA 14 last week. Then I quickly came back to my senses. Better than PES 2014 though, lol. I'd probably get it if the new shooting and passing animations weren't buried under an ocean of crap accumulated from previous years, dating back to 2005.

Still, it's fun to play I suppose.

Yen

When Giggs goes, if it's on the weekend - that's it, I don't think it'll ever be the same again for alot of fans. Obviously the club goes on and there are new players but GIggs' retirement will truly signal the end of the era that will forever define the club.

Favourite Giggs goals?

For some reason this is mine. Not a particularly great or important one - just loved the moment.

"Football has a way of rewarding the good guys."

I'd give it to him, honestly (depending on how much is too much). Stability is key.
The issue with Sagna is age and fitness. 31 now, our fullbacks need to do a lot of running so fitness would become a factor so we would only be delaying the bill by 2 years.

I want Sagna to stay but a new RB needs to be brought in either way.

Agreed on both accounts.

In a vacuum, not offering 31 y/o Sagna a £100k, 3-year deal isn't a disgrace, but when he's about to join one of the teams above us, and the defence is as settled as it's been for a decade, it'd be worth just taking the hit, surely. It's a little disappointing how the club have handled this, but not at all surprising.

And yeah, I was hoping we'd bring in Aurier, keep Sagna and loan out Jenkinson. The former will be one of the best RBs in Europe, and, although he's plenty versatile himself (currently playing LCB, and was even played LW when Toulouse were chasing the game v Lille, lol), he would allow Sagna to cover at CB more. Something both he and Arsene seem to have in mind.

bud

so... the dual shock 4 is giving me wrist-related issues. this thing is going to ruin my right wrist.

i didn't have any of these problems with the ds3. ;_;

Scum

Favourite Giggs goals?

Was it an FA Cup goal that he slalomed pass players? Bared hairy chested Giggs was great.

Sherwood has some out with a lot of shit but he's right on this:

Paulinho and Vertonghen are the two worst offenders. We need to look a lot more carefully at the personality of players we sign from now on.

Holtby and Chiriches, pls. Sort the other two out in pre season, Ush.

Marc

#believeinavb

@Marc, I'll talk you through dark souls basics tomorrow :)

Thank you Sir. :D

I hope Fat Sam and Fat Carroll come through for you guys, although you'll probably score 4 against Newcastle in the first half and then concede 5 somehow in the second.

Juz

I was at Arsenal match last year but I'll definitely skip HJK - Barca. I don't really care about either HJK or Barca and stadium full of HJK and Barca fans (sorry if you're one of them) sounds horrible.

There's also that Celtic - Leverkusen match, not sure if it's still happening.

Yeah I'm not really fond of either of the teams but we'll see.

Don't know if Leverkusen is still coming after Hyypiä got sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom