• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Just read that Costa isn't going to be ready for CL final...

iClypBTQaBtoV.gif

jtb

Banned
Fabregas for 30m or whatever Barcelona paid for him was a ridiculous steal. he was the best midfielder in the PL for those last few seasons, just had trouble staying fit. 40m would be a very low risk buy I think, for anyone PL club that wants him. you don't have to worry about him adjusting to the PL, he probably is better suited to the quicker pace, less emphasis on shape/tactics, etc. he's been poor-ish at Barcelona but that's as much due to their refusal to phase out Xavi and playing him on the wing and as a false nine, which was never going to work.

would be happy to have him back at Arsenal, obviously. hopefully it wouldn't be at the expense of getting a striker, but I'll take all the world class players I can get

subtract 365 for Diaby and it's not really as impressive

Messi

Fabregas for 30m or whatever Barcelona paid for him was a ridiculous steal. he was the best midfielder in the PL for those last few seasons, just had trouble staying fit. 40m would be a very low risk buy I think, for anyone PL club that wants him. you don't have to worry about him adjusting to the PL, he probably is better suited to the quicker pace, less emphasis on shape/tactics, etc. he's been poor-ish at Barcelona but that's as much due to their refusal to phase out Xavi and playing him on the wing and as a false nine, which was never going to work.

would be happy to have him back at Arsenal, obviously. hopefully it wouldn't be at the expense of getting a striker, but I'll take all the world class players I can get

They tried him in Xavis place and it failed nearly every time they did it. He was much more comfortable in Iniestas position. But he is never getting that spot from him.

12 reasons for Man United fans to rejoice at Van Gaal’s appointment

“Van Gaal wanted to make clear to us that he can drop any player from the team. It was all the same to him because, as he said, he had the balls. He demonstrated this literally by dropping his pants. I have never experienced anything like it, it was totally crazy. Luckily I didn’t see a lot, because I wasn’t in the front row.” – Luca Toni.

dis gon b gud.

Salvadora

Well, yeah, of course, but it's an interesting graphic that shows a snapshot of how injuries have hit different clubs around the country.

I'd like to try and dig up the previous years. Pretty sure Chelsea and City (bar last season?) are always near the bottom.

Marc

New Guardians of the Galaxy trailer is really good. Can't wait for it.

*opens youtube tab*

Amazing....

rebecca3dfucu.gif

Cooper's voice isn't exactly what I imagined for the raccoon, pretty much just doing his normal voice. The rest looks great, probably one of the few films I want to see this summer. None of the rest are really doing it for me. Even the X-Men I am kinda deflated over, just hasn't looked all that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I like the GOTG trailer but I was hoping it would be more star wars than iron man, I worry about the usual marvel formula of 40 minutes good character buildup and an hour of eye bending nausea inducing cgi fighting.

Wes

venison crêpe
@Wes, is it okay to make a World Cup Predictions thread closer to the time, or do you want it all kept to the megathread?

Hey. Sorry, I started my new job today so have to catch up on the thread when I get home.

Do you mean match by match predictions?

If so, I'm happy for you to do it and run with it, but I'd like you to wait until the main thread is up if you don't mind. Same goes for a fantasy league if anyone wants to organise that.

Otherwise there'll likely be too much general chatter in those threads about the world cup rather than members perhaps coming here to talk about it before the OT goes up (my sneaky tactic to get more people in here contributing!)

Kyoufu

I like the GOTG trailer but I was hoping it would be more star wars than iron man, I worry about the usual marvel formula of 40 minutes good character buildup and an hour of eye bending nausea inducing cgi fighting.

It has Batista in it.

It can't end well.

*opens youtube tab*

Amazing....

rebecca3dfucu.gif

Cooper's voice isn't exactly what I imagined for the raccoon, pretty much just doing his normal voice. The rest looks great, probably one of the few films I want to see this summer. None of the rest are really doing it for me. Even the X-Men I am kinda deflated over, just hasn't looked all that.

Dat true detective ass

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

What's scary is how close we are to you are if you take out Diaby. As difficult as the managers/new signings have been, injuries have also contributed massively to our rubbish season. Even people like Sigurdsson missed 2 months of the season, there was something wrong with Sherwood's training.

Hey. Sorry, I started my new job today so have to catch up on the thread when I get home.

Do you mean match by match predictions?

If so, I'm happy for you to do it and run with it, but I'd like you to wait until the main thread is up if you don't mind. Same goes for a fantasy league if anyone wants to organise that.

Otherwise there'll likely be too much general chatter in those threads about the world cup rather than members perhaps coming here to talk about it before the OT goes up (my sneaky tactic to get more people in here contributing!)

Nah, I meant pre-tournament categorical predictions

Like Winners, Best Player, One To Watch, Biggest Surprise, Best Youngster, Most Disappointing etc

Any other categories to consider?

I'd be interested in participating in a round-by-round prediction league, but that sounds like a massive pain in the arse to organise :p

edit: Get us a job bruv

keit4

Banned
Looking back at my predictions at the start of the season...

La Liga: Real Madrid
Liga Adelante: Deportivo :p (not done yet but probably right :D)
Bundesliga: Bayern
EPL: some shitty team (Chelsea)
Serie A: Juventus
Ligue 1: PSG
Primeira Liga: Benfica
Eredivisie: PSV

Europa League: Juventus
Champions League: Barcelona

WC: Brazil
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76076655&postcount=13462

Right now, my prediction for the top 6 is:

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Sevilla
5. Valencia
6. Villareal

And for relegation:

18. Osasuna
19. Almeria
20. Elche
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76423771&postcount=15719

Almost nailed the top 6 teams lol Fucking Valencia...

Also:

Hey guys, some bet tips for La Liga: all in Sevilla for the top 6. They sold important players like Navas, Medel or Negredo, but they also signed a lot of great players for cheap: Gameiro , Cristoforo, Marin (on loan), Vitolo, Bacca, Diogo Figueiras... I firmly believe that they are going to be the surprise of the season in Spain.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76420875&postcount=15700

SPOT ON

Wes

venison crêpe

Like Winners, Best Player, One To Watch, Biggest Surprise, Best Youngster, Most Disappointing etc

I'd be interested in participating in a round-by-round prediction league, but that sounds like a massive pain in the arse to organise :p

Oh something like the bolded parts you can put up now if you wanted. The OT wont go up until, at best, one week before the first match. There wouldn't be much times to get predictions in before it all kicks off I guess.

A day by day, match pick predictor thing would be better off posted in that final week though. Same with fantasy league..

Marc

Golden Boot, Worst Manager, Best Manager, Best/Worst Subs, most likely to cost his team (ROONAAYYHHH!!)...

arkon

Golden Boot, Worst Manager, Best Manager, Best/Worst Subs, most likely to cost his team (ROONAAYYHHH!!)...

These are the categories I've got so far

Winners

Best Player
Worst Player
Best Young Player
Most Surprising Player
Most Disappointing Player

One To Watch

Top Scorer
Top Scorers
Lowest Scorers

Best Manager