• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Likely Alves gone, Song, Masch, Cesc, Alexis, Tello, maybe Pedro. It's a clear out.

Cesc will bring in the cash. Really need to get rid of him IMO.

You forgot cuenca, afellay, pinto too.

Probably more I can't think of.

This is it.

Neymar-----messi-----griezmann
Hazard-----iniesta-----januzaj
--------Vidal-----busquets-------
Alba-----------------------Lahm
----------ter stegen---------

darknil

I'm not confident on Luis Enrique, but the same thing I was thinking about Guardiola back in the day.

Now I need that the second kit is not based on the senyera and that we sell Fabregas.

wedward

Winning the league means having the best squad, not necessarily the best XI. We need to rotate a bit more and have more cover for injuries. Cesc can play in Arteta's or Ozil's position, he'd easily play 40+ games a season.

Cesc/Ozil rotate

Rambo/Jack rotate.

Arteta/new dm rotate

Jack, Ozil and Cesc can all play on the right or left if need be.

We need depth. Imagine if when Rambo and Jack went out this season we had Cesc coming in.

Barzul

Cesc/Ozil rotate

Rambo/Jack rotate.

Arteta/new dm rotate

Jack, Ozil and Cesc can all play on the right or left if need be.

We need depth. Imagine if when Rambo and Jack went out this season we had Cesc coming in.

Good point. I'm on the Cesc train.

Van Gaal is so old school. That's either a good thing or a bad thing given the state of modern football.

One of the more disturbing stories about Van Gaal's career comes from his time in charge of Bayern Munich. Van Gaal had become furious with his Dutch winger Arjen Robben constantly cutting inside from out wide and shooting instead of playing with a more varied style, so one day decided to wait by the corner where Robben picked his child up from school every day on the way home from training. According to reports from the Bayern players, Van Gaal sat inside his sports car which he called 'The lamborGaalni' and waited for Robbens son to get in his fathers car, then drove to full speed and crashed into the passenger side door where the boy was seated. Robbens son was killed in the collision and when Robben himself got out of his car to try and pull his son from the wreckage, a bloodied Van Gaal emerged from his car and held Robben to the ground screaming ''HE WILL DIE.'' ''THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE YOUR ROUTINE WAS PREDICTABLE. DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE PREDICTABLE?''.

Robben went on to score 23 goals as Bayern became champions that season

yes

Carbonox

Just watched the new GoT episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it and that ending was all sorts of awesome. Was so happy. Can't wait for the next.

wedward

Spending that much money on CM depth when that'd probably be enough to tempt Cavani or someone would be silly

It's all guessing at this point, but if Cesc is available I can't see Wenger passing on him.

Rumor was there is a clause in his contract that we could buy him back for cheaper.

Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona. Unless he has changed his mind. I don’t know”, revealed Wenger.

“But that’s what I have been told. We have the clause in his contract so we would be on alert but at the moment that’s not something we are after.

HUMMELS NOOOOOO WHAT ARE YOU WEARING

BoBVRvuIEAA8HEo.jpg:large

Marc

Winners: The fans... or Germany

Best Player: Muller
Worst Player: Messi (relatively)
Best Young Player: Barkley!!!!!
Most Surprising Player: Ribery, would surprise the shit out of me coming out of a dark tunnel.
Most Disappointing Player: Rooneh the FUEEELLLL

One To Watch: Sterling, or Barkley... seem like the same category.

Top Scorer: Muller
Top Scorers: Erm... Muller, and the rest. Sturridge, Suarez, Pogba, Robben, Lukaku, Aguero... oh wait you mean team? Germany
Lowest Scorers: South Korea

Best Manager: Sir Hodgson, probably Van Gaal... most of the managers are shit.
Worst Manager: Sir Hodgson

Most Surprising Team: Belgium
Most Disappointing Team: Relatively? Brazil Nuts
Whipping Boys (oo-er): Australia

Bollocks is Danny Ings under 27 years old

This isn't Africa m8.

2EbcpKX.png

Marc

Hahaha bloody hell KidA, I am in tears!

/Dead Like Robbens Son

Just watched the new GoT episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it and that ending was all sorts of awesome. Was so happy. Can't wait for the next.

Twas most agreeable, verily.

Been wondering if Baelishs accent has gotten worse as he no longer has to try and hide it, good acting.

That next episode, need to watch the preview.

Ashley Young
‏@youngy18
Been an absolute honour to play alongside The Great Ryan Giggs. Even better to see him staying at the club #LEGEND #MUFC

Asam MUFC Usman ‏@asamusman96 7m
@youngy18 I hope van gaal kicks u out

I Rep May 22nd ‏@Alansmithmufc 7m
@youngy18 can you please fuck off from our club

Mr Castro ‏@sherrick1986 7m
@youngy18 I can't wait until you're sold you fucking wage thief.

Bas. ‏@Yanoozaj 5m
Hahaha, too bad you're leaving you shit cunt. @youngy18

@TurningCruyff 2m
Fuck. Off. @youngy18

522f2fbeada2d-Gaaljuichen.gif

Salvadora

If Arsene has a brain he's already getting that bid for cesc ready. Get him on the phone now wenger!
Realistically, we should be going after players we actually need.

There is too much work to be done over the summer to be worrying about vanity/luxury purchases. And I love Cesc as much as anyone.

However, this all goes out the window if United try to get their hands on him.

Gurthang

Banned
I'm pretty happy Barca got Luis Enrique - hope they'll keep having bad seasons.

Also, I thought we would play in gold now that we won the Copa del Rey? Yet we are apparently going all pink next season:

The fuck? Why can't we have the black away kits from 2011/2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom