• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

You wanted to spend that Carvalho or whatever his name was only only what like 10 million less on an 18 year old left back

Come on now

30m on Shaw is way OTT but they'd get 10 years out of him at least.

£45m on a 28(?) year old is a different prospect when it comes to value.

40m would be a fair price for Fabregas. Not expensive considering the market and his talent, but not a steal. He's just the wrong fit for this Barca side.

Steal.

Finishing 14th with a net spend of £750k is the mark of real winners, Laboured. I've got nothing to envy. Nothing.

Adnan, De Gea, Rooney, RVP, Shaw, Reus, Evans, Shinji, Fabregas, Wilson, Hummels.

These are players the quality of which you will never ever have the pleasure of seeing play for your team Hixx. Honestly I just feel bad for you m8.

Slizz

6JBIobu.jpg

L1NETT

30m on Shaw is way OTT but they'd get 10 years out of him at least.

£45m on a 28(?) year old is a different prospect when it comes to value.

It's Cesc Fabregas man

They are crying out for a midfielder, wank over Carvahlo passing it sideways and suddenly they balk at paying maybe 10m too much for a world class midfielder

Pls

(not that they'll get him mind)

Adnan, De Gea, Rooney, RVP, Shaw, Reus, Evans, Shinji, Fabregas, Wilson, Hummels.

These are players the quality of which you will never ever have the pleasure of seeing play for your team Hixx. Honestly I just feel bad for you m8.

Err he saw him about 50 times sunshine

Loans how do they work

K1LLER7

You wanted to spend that Carvalho or whatever his name was only only what like 10 million less on an 18 year old left back

Come on now
I'd take him, but dont think he's worth 40m. Just like Shaw and Carvalho. Howevrr, Couldnt care if we paid that much.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Barca would rather sell Sanchez
I'm 85% sure we're getting Sanchez. Forget about his agent's hints and him hanging out with Vidalinho and Islaymar....I can just feel it.

in my bones

in my dick

or maybe that's just the cold and hangover. Fuck, I need to pee..

K1LLER7

I'm 85% sure we're getting Sanchez. Forget about his agent's hints and him hanging out with Vidalinho and Islaymar....I can just feel it.

in my bones

in my dick

I hope we steal him and you get Nani instead :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I thought Barca fans hated Cesc, that hes not playing well at all, why would we pay £45 for a midfielder who is out of form?

Slizz

in my bones

in my dick

OAlnvmV.jpg

Close enough to the right kit.

operon

Not called Charlton or Best.

Obviously Rooney goes without saying.

DC - Night Trap? Fuck you!

A remake of those Star Trek FMV's that did the rounds back in the day maybe, but Night Trap? What was that FMV game with Christopher Walken? I thought gaming had ascended to a new reality, now I know kids are fucking stupid.

Was that game called Ripper

bud

where would fabregas even play? he's not a central midfielder, and united already have plenty of number ten players.

Wilbur

Banned
It's Cesc Fabregas man

They are crying out for a midfielder, wank over Carvahlo passing it sideways and suddenly they balk at paying maybe 10m too much for a world class midfielder

Pls

(not that they'll get him mind)

Err he saw him about 50 times sunshine

Loans how do they work

Jokes how do they work

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Messi

I thought Barca fans hated Cesc, that hes not playing well at all, why would we pay £45 for a midfielder who is out of form?

He is doing fine! He just doesn't suit our team at all any more. His numbers are more than respectable since we got him. Barca won't undervalue Cesc to sell him. Sanchez on the other hand...

Wilbur

Banned
We won't be getting Fabregas. Shaw I'm almost certain will come. I think we'll get another CB. And Kroos is more likely than Fabregas, although I don't think either will happen.

Diego Costa out of the CL final, if true then a huuuge loss.

Really? Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

Barca-Dortmund-Liverpool-Roma.

Quite the reintroduction :p

Fabregas is best as a pure CM. Average position on the halfway line, getting forward a lot and doing his fair share of defensive work, positionally if not necessarily tackling-wise. Wouldn't work with Carrick though imo, would need a pure DM to play behind him

Wilbur

Banned
Imgur isn't working on my phone, but I would just like to reaffirm that Louise Taylor is a garbage journalist who spouts more weird shit opinions than almost everyone in this thread. Someone on twitter's just dug up her pre season predictions :lol

LEAGUE WINNERS: Tottenham. Europa League involvement and the potential loss of Gareth Bale are worries but Roberto Soldado and Paulinho look excellent signings and AVB is a class coach.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Hatem Ben Arfa. Providing he stays fit, Ben Arfa belongs on a different planet to most mortals. Capable of eclipsing Rooney, Bale and even Suárez.

MANAGER TO WATCH - Paolo Di Canio. The self-styled "revolutionary" is clever enough to confound his many critics and lead a reborn Sunderland into the top 10.

The signing of the season part is madness on everyone's part (including mine, I would have plumped for Soldado), but god she really is shit.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Also why would Fab come when we have less to offer him than last season, unless the pull of the Gaal is too strong :3

Im not a clever man and nothing about this deal makes sense to me

Carbonox

in my bones

in my dick

my prayers are with you i want sanchez at juventus too

bud

I wouldn't say he is a classic number 10 either

He's kind of a mix.

wenger turned him into an attacking midfielder. guardiola tried him in the xavi role a few times at barca, but he never really put in any convincing performances. i think it'd be hard to turn a player like that into a central midfielder again. he seems really lazy whenever i see him play, too.

Carbonox

Imgur isn't working on my phone, but I would just like to reaffirm that Louise Taylor is a garbage journalist who spouts more weird shit opinions than almost everyone in this thread. Someone on twitter's just dug up her pre season predictions :lol

The signing of the season part is madness on everyone's part (including mine, I would have plumped for Soldado), but god she really is shit.

Oh Ben Arfa, what should have been. One of the biggest wastes of potential I've ever seen. Maybe at a different club he could have had a more consistent kick up the backside to actually perform more regularly (the fuck can Pardew do to inspire talented players?), then again this was his platform. If he couldn't deliver at a midtable club, he probably could never deliver.

u mekka me sad benjamin arthur

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
my prayers are with you i want sanchez at juventus too
YES CARBO

BoAEiUlIQAAJ2sn.jpg

If we have to sell Alexis then I'm glad he will be going to Juve. I'd also be delighted with Pogba.
sometimes I wish Barca GAF was just you and your clones
Don't think we will sell Alexis unless we are going to sign better player in (Reus/Aguero).

I'm sorry Razor, it's out of your hands now. It's too late.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh Ben Arfa, what should have been. One of the biggest wastes of potential I've ever seen. Maybe at a different club he could have had a more consistent kick up the backside to actually perform more regularly (the fuck can Pardew do to inspire talented players?), then again this was his platform. If he couldn't deliver at a midtable club, he probably could never deliver.

u mekka me sad benjamin arthur

Fuck Ben Arfa. Glorified show pony.

Marc

Cesc Fabregas is a great player but also an utter cunt, I would have to hate United a little bit if you bought him.

Buy Moutinho instead or give ClevGod the chance he deserves!

Was that game called Ripper

Yeah, that's the one. It looked so cool, even the name is cool.

Wilbur

Banned
Perfect signing would be a fit Gundogan, but then he'd be on his way to Madrid.

I really want Rakitic. I will settle for mini Modric if I can't have the real thing.

Pennywise

Steal.

Hummels won't leave Dortmund.

You could get Reus for 45m+Shinjiru though.

@Wilbur
Next season will be a battle for Gündogan, especially with only one year contract left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom