• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

These are the categories I've got so far

Winners

Best Player
Worst Player
Best Young Player
Most Surprising Player
Most Disappointing Player

One To Watch

Top Scorer
Top Scorers
Lowest Scorers

Best Manager
Worst Manager

Most Surprising Team
Most Disappointing Team
Whipping Boys (oo-er)

Aren't these predictions kinda.. subjective?
&
What about Most assist?

Messi

I need Dan to answer for this. Not even his pr can spin this. Christ.

From City's new kit

WJeOgih.jpeg

What did the English language ever do to Man City.

Danchi

It might have been mentioned, but Ntep (of #big#black#legs fame) scored a goal by stopping the ball on the line, getting on his knees, and heading it in!

That was always a favourite at school.

dc89

Khaldoon says Sheikh Mansour likes the song about him and Pellegrini, but that he actually drives a Range Rover, not Lamborghini!

Khaldoon says City know exactly what they want to do in the transfer window and tells the fans to expect efficient and quick deals.

Lot of focus by Khaldoon on the great atmosphere at the club now. Calls it a "special club". And wishes the outgoing Lescott and Barry luck.

https://twitter.com/City_Watch

That middle bit. Efficient & quick.

Reina is worth what, 6-8m?

Yeah. Not a huge amount, but not many clubs pay that kind of money for backups as far as I'm aware.

Wonder if he'd even be happy going there as second choice. He's pretty average now, but good enough to start at a decent club (as he is now)

Wonder if he's been good enough for Napoli to want him at that price.

Rad-

Piqué’s grandfather was even a club director, and one day he invited Barcelona’s coach Louis van Gaal to lunch. “This,” he said, introducing the young Gerard, “is my grandson – a centre-back for Barcelona’s youth team.”

Van Gaal looked at Piqué and, without warning, pushed him over. Towering above the 14- year-old, he barked: “You’re too weak to be a Barcelona defender.”

Haha.

Messi

Yeah. Not a huge amount, but not many clubs pay that kind of money for backups as far as I'm aware.

Wonder if he'd even be happy going there as second choice. He's pretty average now, but good enough to start at a decent club (as he is now)

Wonder if he's been good enough for Napoli to want him at that price.

He was trying to go to Barça last season knowing Ter Stegen was meant to come also.

EmiPrime

Where would he play? Or who would you drop from the team to play him?

Winning the league means having the best squad, not necessarily the best XI. We need to rotate a bit more and have more cover for injuries. Cesc can play in Arteta's or Ozil's position, he'd easily play 40+ games a season.

Beautiful Barca kit. A shame Nike couldn't do the double. The United kit no matter how hard they try will be ruined by that shit gold chevy logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom