• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Massive crowd today in Bari-Cittadella (Italian Serie B)

This is the Cittadella side

10273875_686468884752996_1093373377328305112_n.jpg

LvG says it's his goal to win the Premierleague next season. Not just with big names but also with those promoted from the academy.

He texted Mourinho who said to him that he is jealous of LvG.

Maybe you can have it next Mou, maybe.

fuenf

holy crap the 2nd / 3rd division relegation playoff between Bielefeld and Darmstadt has been fucking insane.

Game 1:

Bielefeld at Darmstadt 3-1

Game 2:

23' Bielefeld 0 - 1 Darmstadt
51' Bielefeld 0 - 2 Darmstadt
53' Bielefeld 1 - 2 Darmstadt
79' Bielefeld 1 - 3 Darmstadt

extra time

110' Bielefeld 2 - 3 Darmstadt
122' Bielefeld 2 - 4 Darmstadt
123 Bielefeld attacks but hits the post, ball rebounds, Bielefeld shoots.... it's blocked 1m in front of the goal.

What a game. Absolutely insane game.

Darmstadts 3rd and 4th goal were fucking screamers.

holy crap. still shocked. what an amazing game. I'm from Bielefeld but had no particular rooting interest in them.

wedward

LvG says it's his goal to win the Premierleague next season. Not just with big names but also with those promoted from the academy.

Lol poor Mou. You can tell just by looking at his clothes and hair that he is a broken man.

He would pop into the tailors and barber in a second if he knew he had a chance with United.

Pennywise

holy crap the 2nd / 3rd division relegation playoff between Bielefeld and Darmstadt has been fucking insane.

Game 1:

Bielefeld at Darmstadt 3-1

Game 2:

23' Bielefeld 0 - 1 Darmstadt
51' Bielefeld 0 - 2 Darmstadt
53' Bielefeld 1 - 2 Darmstadt
79' Bielefeld 1 - 3 Darmstadt

extra time

110' Bielefeld 2 - 3 Darmstadt
122' Bielefeld 2 - 4 Darmstadt
123 Bielefeld attacks but hits the post, ball rebounds, Bielefeld shoots.... it's blocked 1m in front of the goal.

What a game. Absolutely insane game.

Darmstadts 3rd and 4th goal were fucking screamers.

holy crap. still shocked. what an amazing game. I'm from Bielefeld but had no particular rooting interest in them.
When I was in Bielefeld today, every fan was pretty optimistic, looks like the city will be flooded with sad people tomorrow :x

Well, it was a fucking amazing match.

I feel bad for Mouyes. He really wanted the job.

Lol poor Mou. You can tell just by looking at his clothes and hair that he is a broken man.

He would pop into the tailors and barber in a second if he knew he had a chance with United.

I imagine this being Wooden when he reads posts like these:

ibmZnJWJHACgTO.gif

Wilbur

Banned

He's gonna love Welbeck. I just know it.

fuenf

When I was in Bielefeld today, every fan was pretty optimistic, looks like the city will be flooded with sad people tomorrow :x

Well, it was a fucking amazing match.

Some of my mates went to the game and were a little bit sad beforehand because it wouldnt be tense anymore...

Ignore if not a United fan. Bits about LvG and coaches.

President of the Dutch FA @OostveenBert: 'As the KNVB we feel proud about Van Gaal's appointment at such a prestigious club.'

Marcel Bout will be one of Van Gaal's assistent-trainers at United. Bout has previously worked with Van Gaal at AZ and Bayern Munich.

Bout: 'I'm very happy. Van Gaal could have asked anyone. That he picked me, makes me very proud.'

Bout will be in charge during some of United's training session, like Meulensteen was under Ferguson. He'll also analyse the opposition.

Bout: 'There's five, six clubs where any coach would love to work. Manchester United is one of those clubs.' (source: NOS)

Bout also says that there are 5 or 6 clubs in the 'top of global football'. He says Manchester United is one of them.

Bout: 'Professionally, me and Van Gaal work together excellently. Experience has shown that we're a great match.' pic.twitter.com/M2ECC0uJjb

Frans Hoek, who will be Van Gaal's goalkeeper coach, has worked with Van Gaal at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and the Dutch national team

Frans Hoek also coached Edwin van der Sar when he was a youngster, starting out his career at Ajax

I've seen Frans Hoek work. He's the best at what he does. He has turned the art of goalkeeping into a science. Will improve any keeper.

Comments about 'biggest club in the world' don't surprise me, as a Dutchman. Manchester United is seen as the stuff of legends in Holland

Van Gaal: ‘The aim is to bring them back to the NR. 1 position as soon as possible, because that’s where they were under Sir Alex Ferguson.’

V. Gaal:‘We don’t talk about money. We talk about the players I want. We’ll have to see if we can get them. We also talked about who can go’

Van Gaal: ‘Mourinho was the first one I texted. And he was the first one to text me back. He said he was jealous of my list of clubs’

Van Gaal has also said that part of the reason United wanted him was because of his ability to work with youngsters.

Van Gaal: ‘United is the biggest club in the world. Marketing-wise, but also if you look at their budget. They have to finish high.’

Van Gaal: ‘I’ll undoubtedly have a drink with Ferguson. We’ve done that before. We like each other.’

Van Gaal also revealed United contacted him immediately after Moyes was fired.

Louis van Gaal: 'It was retirement, or going to England. My wife Truus wanted me to retire. But now we're going to England.'

Source - @Elko_B

Rikkun

Cittadella isn't exacty a huge city and then you must consider how much a ticket cost in Italy...
Do you remember when Portogruaro was in Serie B??

Totally, yeah.

It still must be a weird feeling to be ALONE rooting for your team.
Like "hey so who's coming to Bari next Monday? ...nobody? Guys I already got the ticket... anyone?"

Have a feeling Wenger will sign a big name forward. I'm talking Falcao/Cavani level. That might lead to him neglecting the holding midfield position.

Barzul

Welcome!

Always nice to see a new Arsenal face round these parts.

We're brothers lol. Twins and we both support Arsenal. As it should be.

Have a feeling Wenger will sign a big name forward. I'm talking Falcao/Cavani level. That might lead to him neglecting the holding midfield position.

We're not getting Cavani. That's like half our budget. Benzema sounds far more feasible. About time you started posting more.

Meier

ffs, just found out that Believe was cancelled after the 1st season. Why do I bother with TV....

It's pretty tough to get invested in NBC shows these days. :( I found it to be pretty entertaining. I know Wes was a fan as well.

If you haven't watched the About a Boy TV series yet, I highly recommend it. It's terribly endearing.

Salvadora

This ghost thing is getting out of hand.

Like, it's fair play to criticise Ozil and all, but it's becoming a shitposting plague in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom