• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

iJd0LqdurXLOW.jpg

Kaka will look good in something like this soon:

Pachimari

The fuck? Why can't we have the black away kits from 2011/2012?

I honestly don't jump on the pink one being our away shirt. I think it'll be black, and then the pink one will be our Champions League away shirt.

These are still just rumors.

But aren't we supposed to play in gold when we have won the Copa del Rey?

Well, we just signed some Bulgarian dude called Simeon Slavchev. No fucking clue who he is, apparently Spurs, Zenit and Roma were interested in him.

10403647_10152054311006555_7844815320043715260_n.jpg

Nicktendo86

So sad what's happening to rare, yes only 16 people mainly working on line t bullshit but a couple of veterans have gone. Seriously a shell of their former selves, totally mismanaged by MS.

Scum

So sad what's happening to rare, yes only 16 people mainly working on line t bullshit but a couple of veterans have gone. Seriously a shell of their former selves, totally mismanaged by MS.
Old Man Yamauchi and the Stamper Bros. knew what was up.

wedward

Isn't Wenger's £100m budget spread over the next couple of years? Be surprised if Arsenal spent £100m net this summer. Very surprised.

Why would our budget shrink from last year?

All the reports make it sounds like it is 100m this summer.

Doubt he spends it all, but it sounds like it is available.

If he actually wants a RB, DM, and top class striker I could easily see us spending 60 or 70.

Salvadora

Isn't Wenger's £100m budget spread over the next couple of years? Be surprised if Arsenal spent £100m net this summer. Very surprised.
It's probably bollocks.

We get the very similar alleged transfer budget every single summer window and it never comes to fruition. Probably people basing it one how many bones we have in the bank.

Barzul

It's just for this summer. Dat Puma and Emirates money. Plus we got the 4th place trophy revenues and record TV money. If anything, we should be spending more than that.

Why would our budget shrink from last year?

How much did you spend last summer? What, £35m net? Clubs like to say they have these huge budgets...believe it when it's spent.

Anyway, this is the tweet I saw with reference to the £100m. Believe Jeremy Wilson has a decent record with Arsenal stuff.

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 22h
Worth saying on £100m budget, it's an informed estimate at rolling amount in transfer fund for fees/wages so not all for fees in one window

And apparently it´s raining players in Alvalade. We just signed another guy, former Vitoria Guimarães CB, Paulo Oliveira.

10348751_10152054421451555_4812224166034833984_o.jpg

U-21 international for Portugal, has quite a potential. Good signing.

Salvadora

How much did you spend last summer? What, £35m net? Clubs like to say they have these huge budgets...believe it when it's spent.

Anyway, this is the tweet I saw with reference to the £100m. Believe Jeremy Wilson has a decent record with Arsenal stuff.

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 22h
Worth saying on £100m budget, it's an informed estimate at rolling amount in transfer fund for fees/wages so not all for fees in one window
Has Arsenal ever said they had a huge budget? From what I remember, it's generally vague "the manager has money available" comments from Ivan the terrible.

Anyway, Arsene will spend whatever he deems appropriate.

Has Arsenal ever said they had a huge budget? From what I remember, it's generally vague "the manager has money available" comments from Ivan the terrible.

Yeah it's a bit like our £100/150/200 million budget touted by everyone that was never mentioned by the club.

It's just for this summer. Dat Puma and Emirates money. Plus we got the 4th place trophy revenues and record TV money. If anything, we should be spending more than that.
It's not that straightforwards. All of the money from these deals doesn't suddenly go into the transfer kitty. The sponsorship deals Arsenal signed add approx £45m to the annual income. TV money has also increased a fair bit as you said.

However, Arsenal have renewed what, 6 or 7 contracts in the past year? Some of those are fairly sizeable wage increases and Ozil has also come in on a pretty hefty wage I imagine too.

Remember, Arsenal posted a loss in their latest financial report. Not a large one by any means, I think it was £2/£3m in the red - but the club isn't yet pulling in swathes and swathes of millions and stashing them in the bank.

You do of course have that cash in the bank which could be spent, but Arsenal are still finding their feet when it comes to being a club which generates huge profits. They're not there yet.

Yeah the club's never specify the budget beyond "there is money to invest" but I'd assume some of the figures you hear are briefed from somewhere inside the club.

I really don't think 60-70 would be surprising.
Agree, that's a lot less than £100m though. A Cesc Fabregas less for example ;-)

Salvadora

I really don't think 60-70 would be surprising.
Honestly, it would be to me.

And not because I don't think the club would be willing to spend that much, but because I can't think of players who would cost that much. There is a very strong possibility that we will be going through the bargain bins for the Loic Remys of the world, or basically some unknown RB from France.

True, but I think if Cesc is really available the club would make every effort to sign him.

It would be an absolute PR nightmare to see him and RVP at United.

Well, I can't see us signing him regardless.

But if we were to stump up that cash, Barca were willing and he was up for it., I honestly don't foresee Arsenal forgoing their summer plans just to stop that from happening.

wedward

Honestly, it would be to me.

And not because I don't think the club would be willing to spend that much, but because I can't think of players who would cost that much. There is a very strong possibility that we will be going through the bargain bins for the Loic Remys of the world, or basically some unknown RB from France.

Oh definitely.

That 60-70 is assuming there are players available to buy. That is a bigger issue than the budget.

Well, I can't see us signing him regardless.

But if we were to stump up that cash, Barca were willing and he was up for it., I honestly don't foresee Arsenal forgoing their summer plans just to stop that from happening.

I don't think he leaves this season honestly.

Salvadora

Remember, Arsenal financially benefit from Cesc making a big money move.

Don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest that they would prefer to cash-in on that.

Salvadora

That's another reason I can't see Barca selling.
Normally, yeah, but if there's a desperate Manchester United and Edward Woodward on the other end, then it might only serve to inflate the fee.

Would kill me to see him that shirt. My heart would break, again.

wedward

Normally, yeah, but if there's a desperate Manchester United and Edward Woodward on the other end, then it might only serve to inflate the fee.

Would kill me to see him that shirt. My heart would break, again.

I'd die. Absolutely die.

Sagna and Nasri at City. Cesc and RVP at Man U.

Kill me.

Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom