• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

I will consider it a successful transfer season if we get any form of holding midfielder, and a striker. There is little to hope for.

Barzul

disgusted018.gif

He's turned out alright, but can't say you didn't question the purchase at that price?

Walshy

Arsenal are going to sign Bony as their striker in the summer.

They won't get for Cavani or Benzema because neither will leave in the summer.

Not many top class centre forwards are available outside Mandzukic or Costa.

wedward

Think, more than anything, Wenger doesn't want to spend over what he considers a player's value.

Which makes it difficult to sign the sort of players Arsenal would be after as we're typically competing with oil clubs and the like who don't possess that type of thinking.

I think he knows he probably overpaid for Ozil but was willing to do it because of all the other benefits.

Barzul

I will consider it a successful transfer season if we get any form of holding midfielder, and a striker. There is little to hope for.

Bare minimum is an RB, ST, DM. We need a GK too. I'd like a versatile winger that can play either flank, but that might be asking for too much.

faridmon

Bony is coming to Everton though...

Remy is more likely to go to Arsenal, and Ba!

Abraxas

Bare minimum is an RB, ST, DM. We need a GK too. I'd like a versatile winger that can play either flank, but that might be asking for too much.

Oh don't get me wrong, my nethers would be moistened by such news. However, the chances of us getting any of those targets are remote, and getting all of them is a fantasy.

I also would like to state, James Milner for 10 million is a waste of 10 million.

Wenger wants a game winner he will sign a player like Cavani/Reus/Falcao and it will shock everyone just like Ozil did.

wedward

Benz will when Madrid sign Suarez.

wedward

in this market, 40m is definitely not overpaying for Ozil

Eh probably true.

I guess what I mean is I bet Arsenal didn't try and haggle the price down. Just accepted it because Wenger figured it would be worth it.

And I think it definitely was irrespective of how he has performed.

Walshy

Dislike Bony.

He radiates laziness.
I still think Arsenal need a quick forward. Bony is probably just a slight upgrade on Giroud.

Bony is coming to Everton though...

Remy is more likely to go to Arsenal, and Ba!
Bony is being touted for £20m. I think its more likely you get Remy and they'll land Bony.

Wenger wants a game winner he will sign a player like Cavani/Reus/Falcao and it will shock everyone just like Ozil did.
Delusion.

None of those players will leave their clubs in the summer.

jtb

Banned
last thing Liverpool need is another striker, particularly if the one in question is expensive and overpriced

not prudent to buy players after just one season in the league, in any situation imo

But 40mil + 1pound...............

The salt..........

what?

Barzul

Lukaku is who I'd be after if we were going for one of those forwards.

But he really needs to improve on the ball. And obviously the whole Mourinho thing too.

The Mourinho thing kills any chance of that transfer ever happening. Or else I'd love him here.

Barzul

If he manages 3 world cup goals Wenger might be interested. I believe he has about 47 in 57 league games for the past two seasons. He should go to Liverpool though they need a powerful striker who is over 6 feet.

They have Suarez and Sturridge, goals is the least of their problems.

Wilbur

Banned
Bony is very good. Still not the world class striker arsenal require. If:

City have Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko
United have van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez
Liverpool have Suarez and Sturridge
Chelsea have* Costa, Lukaku and Torres

And Arsenal have Giroud, Sanogo and Bendtner...

There's a huge discrepancy in first choice strikers, never mind back ups.

jtb

Banned
Bendtner's contract expires in a month. He's not coming back no matter what.

Vela would be a good, cheap buy if the stuff about a buy-back clause is true.

Salvadora

Bony is very good. Still not the world class striker arsenal require. If:

City have Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko
United have van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez
Liverpool have Suarez and Sturridge
Chelsea have* Costa, Lukaku and Torres

And Arsenal have Giroud, Sanogo and Bendtner...

There's a huge discrepancy in first choice strikers, never mind back ups.

Bendtner no longer plays for Arsenal Football Club, thank god.

Marc

Welp, finished Demon Souls...

That False King guy can suck a fuck, by far the hardest boss, christ it takes so long to get just a bit of his health down and is just relentless in attacks as soon as he lands one.

I fucked up at the end, I killed the demon beast thing then accidentally hit the girl and kill her instantly. Suddenly I am a demon loving cunt, doesn't even make any sense... why would I kill all the demons to get to a final boss and become a demon myself. Not even rule but be the guys buddy, there is zero temptation. He doesn't even sound like an easy guy to get along with.

Pretty good game, a lot better than I was expecting after the initial turn off's. Not the second coming that people had said IMO, probably not even in my top 5 RPG's of last gen but good fun anyway. With some crazy bosses/enemies, cool gear, neat ideas, nice levels... will probably pick up Dark Souls. Even though I would like the latest and greatest graphics/engine, seems like everyone prefers the first Dark Souls.

Thanks for all the help Hitcher/Yurt the Silent Chief, appreciated!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Listening to the monday night club on 5 live, one of the panelists whose name I forget is convinced the reason we didnt get Thiago last summer is because of Ryan Giggs. According to him the deal was set and agreed and all that needed to take place was the medical, Moyes did a round table of his coaches and everyone but Giggs wanted him, Giggs said he was not a United player and the deal was pulled.

Probably old news but id never heard this before.

wedward

Wenger ruined Bendtner just like he ruined Chamakh and Gervinho. I weep for what could have been.

He didn't ruin Chamakh. RVP turning into the best striker in the world ruined Chamakh.

Gervinho got plenty of opportunities. Both up top and on the wing. He had his chances.

Bendtner has a shit attitude.

Meier

He's turned out alright, but can't say you didn't question the purchase at that price?

When it was reported as the £34m, I said that seemed excessive but that if the club thought he was worth it, then he was worth it. That he chipped in £4m of the transfer was fantastic. It's hard to take a vice captain away from a club when he has a £40m+ buyout and a long term deal in place.

I was 100% confident in the signing because I had seen how he absolutely bossed Chelsea in the Champions League and I pointed out he had over 70 games in Europe for Donetsk. I was very vocal about being thrilled about all of our signings. They were all very astute purchases.

Walshy

The struggled against team like Chelsea and Palace who know how to defend well and don't give up space easily. A target man is the only way to go against teams that play like that.
We scored 3 against Palace away and 3 at home. Our defence let us down in the away game.

Chelsea is the only team we haven't really broken down. Dat bus.

jtb

Banned
in his final season at Lille, Gervinho was a better player than Hazard. seriously. very highly rated.

everyone knew his flaws (inconsistent touch, horrible finisher) and Wenger decided to play him in exactly the role where those flaws would be exposed the worst.

the first season was a write off because he got injured and then missing the key penalty in the ACON final just killed him. and then rather than ease Gervinho back into the team and give him the opportunity to rebuild his confidence and use him as the direct wide option this side so desperately needs, he sticks him up front—killing both his confidence and Giroud's and squandering quite a few early season points (I still haven't forgotten that draw at the Etihad, where we played City off the park and Gervinho could have easily scored a hat-trick). Wenger was just too stubborn to adapt his system to his players. Anyone with two eyes and half a brain could see that Gervinho was not the second of Thierry Henry. and that's okay! it doesn't mean he couldn't be a very effective player playing within his limitations, especially with Theo missing basically the entire season.

I still think if and I don't see it happening and we sell Suarez, we should go all in for higuian, maybe rafa would do us a deal with reina going the other way too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom