• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

What are the odds of City looking to pick up Ashley Cole on a free? Makes a lot of sense in terms of complying with the FFP penalties.

GorillaJu

What are the odds of City looking to pick up Ashley Cole on a free? Makes a lot of sense in terms of complying with the FFP penalties.

Well it's not actually free you know, they'd have to pay probably 13m a year in wages if you account for taxes.

I double posted again :(

bjaelke

Matt Spiro @mattspiro
Nevermind FFP... Monaco owner Dimitri Rybolovlev is having to give his wife Elena half his fortune, more than €3bn, in divorce settlement

merked

majERqX.png

The highest level.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Matt Spiro @mattspiro
Nevermind FFP... Monaco owner Dimitri Rybolovlev is having to give his wife Elena half his fortune, more than €3bn, in divorce settlement

merked

Lloris staying at Spurs confirmed.

WJD

Fairly sure that Torres/Mata shot is just conveniently cropped. Looks like there's a couple more people there with him off to the side.

Still looks miserable though.

Elchele

If Gustavo is so good, why did Bayern let his contract wind down, and why did he move to Wolfsburg or whatever backwater shithole club he's stumbling about for?

Because Pep. He moved to Wolfsburg because money + being a sure starter, also we share board members with them so the transfer was very easy to make and surely the transfer fee was greatly reduced.

He's still the best destroyer in the game.

Derp1na

Banned
I got my shirts delivered from China in record time...

4ILBPIk.png

The middle one is a Mexico shirt. Mascherano is one of the few players I really hate. How did this happen.

Ushojax

"It's not me who makes it uncertain anyway. I feel very well at Tottenham," said Lloris.

"It was a complicated year, but rich learning of a human and pro standpoint.

"I'm a Tottenham player, still under contract, and now I'm only focused on France."

Thank you based Hugo. Levy if you have to sell someone let it be Vertonghen.

Hixx

Albrighton signing for Leicester.

Good, good.

"But the Echo understands that Gus Poyet does not see N’Diaye as part of his plans."

GUS NO! :(

Dear thread lurkers,

I invite you to come and post in our glorious thread. We are nice people with the exception of Bacon who is a devout and haughty racist.

We would all like to see new faces in here so please do come and say hello.

Finally, it is not recommended that you PM Hixx asking if you can post in the thread. The man is breath-takingly northern and is likely to steal your lunch money.

We look forward to hearing from you all.

Kind regards,

Laboured-kun

Ushojax

Standard:

Southampton appear resigned to losing head coach Mauricio Pochettino to Tottenham after intermediaries started to make discreet checks on possible replacements.

The Argentine is the favourite to become the new boss at White Hart Lane after Tim Sherwood was sacked last week, leaving Daniel Levy looking for his ninth permanent manager in 13 years as Tottenham chairman.

Southampton had been hopeful of keeping Pochettino and have prepared a new deal for the 42-year-old, whose contract expires at the end of next season. But Standard Sport understands Saints have started to make contingency plans, in the event Pochettino decides to leave the south coast for north London.

It is believed Southampton would like to be kept informed of the plans of Oscar Garcia, the Spanish coach who quit Brighton earlier this month after the team were eliminated by Derby in the semi-finals of the Championship play-offs. Garcia has also been the subject of interest from Sunderland and from his home country, where a number of managerial changes are expected in the close season.

It is thought that Dan Petrescu, sacked by Russian club Dynamo Moscow in April, and former Chelsea boss Roberto di Matteo would also be considered by the Southampton board were they to lose Pochettino. Petrescu had a brief spell as a player with Saints in the 2001-02 season and admitted last season that he was desperate to manage in the Premier League.

MoPo please bring Chambers with you. Then we can finally banish Naughton to the Phantom Zone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dear thread lurkers,

I invite you to come and post in our glorious thread. We are nice people with the exception of Bacon who is a devout and haughty racist.

We would all like to see new faces in here so please do come and say hello.

Finally, it is not recommended that you PM Hixx asking if you can post in the thread. The man is breath-takingly northern and is likely to steal your lunch money.

We look forward to hearing from you all.

Kind regards,

Laboured-kun

Seriously lurkers, just post already

we love you

tumblr_lr2bzn05ag1r057yd.gif

Hixx is cool, don't listen to the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom