• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Man Utd-GAF have been winding up Arsenal-GAF, Toure has turned out to have the mental capacity of a 10 year old princess, that's about it.
He can't be that ridiculous can he? I kept thinking his agent is making up the bullshit just to get him transferred somewhere else for more cash or have City increase his current wage.

Meier

Nah, it'll blow over unless he refuses to play or something

Needs the Iron Sheikh to kick his hotel door in and shout at him words to the effect of 'you'll honour your fucking contract you preening little tit, or I'll buy you and the air that you breathe. And if you think you're getting a payrise for scoring a bunch of penalties, you've got another thing coming. Now kiss my ring'

Done.

Oh yeah, our fans will forget it and it'll be business as usual cheering for him but the opposing fans? No way they just let it drop. Like that tweet said on the last page, they'll sing happy birthday and do a whole litany of things. I'm sure of it. It'll be one of those stories that gets brought up every time he's remembered at the end of his career because it's frankly just so bizarre.

pulga

Banned
It was Yaya's b-day and all he got was some shitty cake, not a Bugatti.

yeah been hearing from some friends yaya might be on his way back to barca. seems stupid, didnt he have enough of being biscuits backup the first time around?

did you even post about our 102 points

did you even drink for that

did you even

DID YOU EVEN

glad you did swell baby girl <3

i did better

i riled up my interista buddy from uni, you wouldve loved to see him squirm

fuck off you schizo fraulein

Man Utd-GAF have been winding up Arsenal-GAF, Toure has turned out to have the mental capacity of a 10 year old princess, that's about it.

which coincidentally is arsenal gafs mental capacity trollololololol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You and Viva troll to much. It's fucking annoying.

there's no need to be upset

616438-b48a6818-de18-11e3-9590-3cdf45a9ffaa.jpg

7DAgKSTM_400x400.png

-
0_137627950904_news.jpg

[data not found]

He can't be that ridiculous can he? I kept thinking his agent is making up the bullshit just to get him transferred somewhere else for more cash or have City increase his current wage.

Toure has communicated with his agent that he wants a payrise, and they needed to build a narrative that supported his credentials for it, similar to Rooney's 'lack of ambition' nonsense. Bizarrely they decided to make it seem as though he's underappreciated through the birthday stories, and it's backfired hilariously, in terms of the perception by the media and fans at least.

He has no intention of leaving. City need to give him a kick up the arse and refuse to award such twattishness.

Hixx

Man U fans just mad because in a season where Sunderland and Hull got to finals and Arsenal won one, they got to zero finals
ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

wedward

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 2m
If Barca get an offer for Cesc and are prepared to sell they must inform Afc 1st. Afc have the option to buy back at a fixed price. If Afc >

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 33s
Decline the offer and Barca sell Cesc, Afc will get 50% of the profit on the figure that Barca paid Arsenal.

That settles that.

Barzul

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 1m
If Barca get an offer for Cesc and are prepared to sell they must inform Afc 1st. Afc have the option to buy back at a fixed price. If Afc >

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 1m
Decline the offer and Barca sell Cesc, Afc will get 50% of the profit on the figure that Barca paid Arsenal.

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 17s
In the unlikely event that Barca are prepared to sell Cesc, Arsene would buy him. I have no doubt.

Balague knows fuck all. 50% would be nice.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 2m

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 33s

That settles that.

I wonder what the fixed price is? I guess it depends on just how much Arsenal have and if they actually need him, either way I just dont see him coming to United.

Suen

fuck off you schizo fraulein
Je te désire, ma chérie

which coincidentally is arsenal gafs mental capacity trollololololol
Fuck off.

Toure has communicated with his agent that he wants a payrise, and they needed to build a narrative that supported his credentials for it, similar to Rooney's 'lack of ambition' nonsense. Bizarrely they decided to make it seem as though he's underappreciated through the birthday stories, and it's backfired hilariously, in terms of the perception by the media and fans at least.

He has no intention of leaving. City need to give him a kick up the arse and refuse to award such twattishness.
Can you imagine it? Toure sitting down with his agent and both coming up to a conclusion of making a story about being underappreciated during his birthday. Just imagine both of them looking each other in the eyes and saying "Hey people will certainly believe this, let's greenlight it!"

wedward

Balague knows fuck all. 50% would be nice.

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 58s
In the unlikely event that Barca are prepared to sell Cesc, Arsene would buy him. I have no doubt.

GEOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 35s
If i remember correctly, the buy back was for approx £25m.

Barzul

If that is true and Geoff is pretty much always on the money, then we'd have to use it. 25m is ridiculous amount for a midfielder of Cesc's quality. Maybe Puma should fund that for us.

wedward

25 million?

Welcome home Cesc.

-------------BENZ/CAVANI
FABREGAS OZIL WALCOTT
--SCHNEIDERLING RAMSEY
GIBBS KOS PER AURIER
------------SZHZHZ

That'll do.

If that is true and Geoff is pretty much always on the money, then we'd have to use it. 25m is ridiculous amount for a midfielder of Cesc's quality. Maybe Puma should fund that for us.

Announce the new Puma shirt with Cesc in it.

GET IN CESC.

GET IN THAT SHIRT.

Salvadora

I'm fully behind bringing Cesc home if that £25m buy-back clause is correct.

Would literally be some of the best money we could ever spend.

Welp, didn't mean to upset anyone - I believe I made fair points and trolled Meus a bit, not sure why the rest of you got your knickers in a twist.

But I will focus on my own club.

---

Now that LvG has been announced I hope we move forwards and make the signings we need. Of course we won't get all the players we want as first choice but if things go really well I would like to see us start next season with something like:

De Gea

Rafael Jones Garay Shaw

Fabregas Kroos Mata

Januzaj RVP Rooney

I believe that should the clubs be willing to sell, we can get those players well within budget, about £120m worth of spending. I guess we will sell a few players also, hopefully raise something like £15m and if the Glazers are up for it we can try to get some Dutch kids.

Indi and Clasie would be good. Sorry Bacon!

Lightning

Banned

It's more than that, I believe it was 35-40m. Barca won't give a buy back amount that's less than they paid.

Barca owe us like 15-20m though for past transfers. So lol on them.

Barzul

25 million?

Welcome home Cesc.

-------------BENZ/CAVANI
FABREGAS OZIL WALCOTT
--SCHNEIDERLING RAMSEY
GIBBS KOS PER AURIER
------------SZHZHZ

That'll do.

Take out Cavani. Not possible if we sign Cesc. I wish we hadn't let Manoone go, maybe we'll sign that Viviano guy on?

Benz - 32m, Cesc - 25m, Schneiderlin - 14m, Aurier - 8m.

Can you see us spending that much? I hope we can but I don't know.

Scum

Welp, didn't mean to upset anyone - I believe I made fair points and trolled Meus a bit, not sure why the rest of you got your knickers in a twist.

Now that LvG has been announced I hope we move forwards and make the signings we need. Of course we won't get all the players we want as first choice but if things go really well I would like to see us start next season with something like:

---

De Gea

Rafael Jones Garay Shaw

Fabregas Kroos Mata

Januzaj RVP Rooney

I believe that should the clubs be willing to sell, we can get those players well within budget, about £120m worth of spending. I guess we will sell a few players also, hopefully raise something like £15m and if the Glazers are up for it we can try to get some Dutch kids.

Yurt, pls. You haven't upset anyone. I- wait a min. Rooney as AML?! Fucking hell! Onto the list you go.

Slizz

---

De Gea

Rafael Jones Garay Shaw

Fabregas Kroos Mata

Januzaj RVP Rooney

Off the Evans bandwagon?

Barzul

It's more than that, I believe it was 35-40m. Barca won't give a buy back amount that's less than they paid.

I think it might be just right. you've got to look at it from Barca's POV. They were never expecting to sell Cesc, ever. They got him ridiculously cheap in ability to price ratio. They probably agreed to any deal we gave them as like I said, they never imagined they'd ever sell him. Not this soon anyway.

wedward

How would you have any way of knowing what it is?

Barca probably did not expect to be selling him so soon.

Why would Arsenal agree to a buyback clause that is higher than what they sold him for?

Take out Cavani. Not possible if we sign Cesc. I wish we hadn't let Manoone go, maybe we'll sign that Viviano guy on?

Benz - 32m, Cesc - 25m, Schneiderlin - 14m, Aurier - 8m.

Can you see us spending that much? I hope we can but I don't know.

No clue. Hope so.

Suen

25 million?

Welcome home Cesc.

-------------BENZ/CAVANI
FABREGAS OZIL WALCOTT
--SCHNEIDERLING RAMSEY
GIBBS KOS PER AURIER
------------SZHZHZ

That'll do.

Announce the new Puma shirt with Cesc in it.

GET IN CESC.

GET IN THAT SHIRT.
I don't understand why some of you keep mentioning Cavani. I don't see him leaving PSG, especially so when they probably want him to take over after Ibra. Yes he is unhappy because he doesn't play in his natural position and isn't doing as well, probably feels he is wasting his time and if PSG would want to sell him for this reason we'd have to pay a big fee, a large chunk of our transfer money would have to go to Cavani alone. Are we willing to pay that fee?

edit: Benz at Arse? He's a massive improvement on what we have now but that's some pretty low ambition unless the lack of Ronaldo in the team miraculously makes him into world-class striker. That's gambling.

Yurt, pls. You haven't upset anyone. I- wait a min. Rooney as AML?! Fucking hell! Onto the list you go.
It isn't ideal but I don't know who we can buy for that position. Rooney is a good player and I don't see LvG freezing him out for no reason. I think he will get a chance to play there and he has played in that role before and done well.

Obviously tactical quirks and things like that, we will see. But I think that's where he'll shape up early doors.

Off the Evans bandwagon?

He can't be relied upon. Injured too often and hasn't maintained his good form for long enough. I wouldn't be totally against him being in the first team or anything, I just think LvG will favour the younger players. Also Jones is much quicker than Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom