• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
10155436_10152435700666052_2340248919226035830_n.jpg

Hi GAF.
♡♡♡♡♡

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Christian Eriksen is interviewed by Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet on Wednesday and has many positive thoughts on his first season at Tottenham.

The Danish playmaker became a key man for Spurs, especially towards the end of the season and was undoubtedly the best of the seven summer signings.

Eriksen swept a number of Tottenham’s player of the season awards and seemed thrilled about how 2013/2014 went on a personal level when peaking to Ekstra Bladet.

The Spurs playmaker said: “It’s more than I could have dreamed or imagined. You’ve always hear that the first season is just acclimatising, but it’s gone beyond expectations. Or I would say that it ended better than I expected.”

Eriksen continued: “The end was good. But there was a time when I doubted if I should play. You try to convince yourself that you should, and I am very pleased with the end of the season.”

Ekstra Bladet also asked Eriksen about Tottenham’s search for a new manager.

His former Ajax boss Frank De Boer is among those to be linked with Spurs but Eriksen simply said: “I will not talk about the coach.”

Eriksen is going to be amazing next season, he took 3 or 4 months to settle in but for the last third of the season he was brilliant. £12m was a steal when you look at what we paid for some of the other signings.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YURT!

Finally we understand why Isla plays shitty.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjSU0_PIIAE_ApM.jpg:large[IMG]

[url]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnmq6HTIcAExHkl.jpg:large[/url]

[url]https://twitter.com/natalymacarena[/url][/QUOTE]

OH BABYY

I like Nat <3 I used to follow her but she tweets too much pics of his ugly mug.

and [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111616720&postcount=5185"]THIS[/URL] is why he's shit :p

he might help us in getting Alexis Sanchez though eh? ;))

[IMG]http://www.passionedelcalcio.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/islasanchezvidal.jpg

Eriksen is going to be amazing next season, he took 3 or 4 months to settle in but for the last third of the season he was brilliant. £12m was a steal when you look at what we paid for some of the other signings.

Yep a total steal, big fan of him one of the players from other teams who I've actually wanted to see succeed.

Salvadora

Starting to think Vela won't happen because of how much he's talking about us. New comments about how we "wouldn't be very smart" not to activate the buy-clause. Sounds like he's trying to persuade the club, because he'd have been told to keep a lid on it in typical Arsenal fashion if he was on his way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
it was Ikers 33rd birthday yesterday, do you think he got any gifts?

Diego López's signed shirt

Starting to think Vela won't happen because of how much he's talking about us. New comments about how we "wouldn't be very smart" not to activate the buy-clause. Sounds like he's trying to persuade the club, because he'd have been told to keep a lid on it in typical Arsenal fashion if he was on his way.

he's genuinely brilliant. I don't know what are you guys waiting for!

dc89

I've not had my WiiU on in so long it now thinks its December 2011.
You weren't even launched then you stupid thing.

Honda returned to Japan today:

ibf0FKBNTRl48g.jpg

So much style.

--

A bunch of kids insulted Balotelli while he was training with Italy this morning. Because of his skin color, obviously.

How can people be this dumb is beyond me.

Hixx

I'm like 15 episodes into the clone wars tv show. I really like this. Animation is great, I like all the side characters, anakin is actually cool and not a whiny cunt, and the light sabre battles are brilliant. They're actually trying to hit each other, I like the prequels.

You mocked me for watching this in whatsapp you bellcheese.

dc89

http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/2014/May/Khaldoon-Interview-II

Part II of the Chairman interview where he talks about UEFA, FFP & the academy.

On the academy:

This is a strategy which takes time, it takes commitment and focus. This year you will see the new facility come on stream, this is a facility that was designed with a philosophy in mind, designed to bring all our teams from the first team to the youth teams together. These are not just pitches and a gym. In my opinion, this is the best facility in football.

When asked about FFP:

"Six years ago, we started a journey, a journey of investment. We invested in the club, in Manchester, the club was 20th in Europe in terms of revenue. The club was very challenged, it had a lot of debt. It had poor infrastructure (we had no human resources department for example) and we did not have the resources to win leagues.

Over six years, step by step, we have invested in the club. We have invested in the stadium, we have invested in youth and in my opinion we have the best youth system in Europe. This has been a strategy, we have invested in top players from around the world. We have continued on in our commercial strategy, we have gone on a commercial blitz over six years. This year, we will break even. Next year, we will go on to profitability whilst maintaining everything I mentioned, we will keep investing in the club, we will keep investing in youth, we will keep competing at every level. We have a sustainable project. We have zero debts, we don't pay a penny to service any debt, for me that is a sustainable model."

Message to the fans over FFP:

we will do as always what is best for this club & for the fans. And if this means sometimes to take a pinch, we take a pinch and we move on. We be pragmatic and we believe this is the right model and it is the right model. This will not compromise the strategy. We are today where we wanted to be six years ago...

When we look back in six years time, history will judge what was right for football. I look forward to an interview like this in May 2020.

Detailed article on Rooney's new contract:

Essentially, Rooney’s new deal is split into three distinct parts.

The first part is his basic salary, which, in fact, does not seem to have risen much, if at all, on what Stretford agreed for him in 2010.

The second part is for his image rights. Standard practice in soccer for well over a decade, United pay Rooney, or at least a company registered in the player’s name, an annual fee to use him as part of a collective of other United players for promotional activities – either directly for the club, or for the club’s manifold sponsors. The practice has come under scrutiny in the past because it can allow players to receive more net pay from a club as income tax can be sidestepped by paying image rights to a private company.

Tier three is basically an agreement between Manchester United FC’s sponsorship arm and Wayne Rooney’s own corporate vehicle – Stoneygate – where a joint venture has been formed between the two parties to allow Manchester United to sell all of Wayne’s individual sponsorship rights as well,” explains Stretford. “For such agreement, they have made a forward guarantee of payments. The exciting part of that is that they are recognised as one of the best sponsorship sales teams in the world, with offices in London, Hong Kong, USA, and they’re going to put committed resource behind the wholesale of Wayne Rooney throughout the period of the contract, in conjunction with Stoneygate. Stoneygate will continue to manage in terms of structure, what can be done, what can’t be done. But the actual sales arm and the resourcing of that sales arm will come through Manchester United Football Club.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/the_mechanics_behind_wayne_rooneys_ground_breaking_new_contract/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom