• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

This fake Prince Harry show on Fox is absurd. These bitches are going to be so salty when they find out he's just a random bloke from Hertfordshire....

r

We create a culture that values celebrity and then we make a show to mock those people.

darknil

Yeah, there was a WC game only for last gen, full price. But in their PR they said that they were planning content for next gen, guess I'm the only one remembering that, including EA.

FootballFan

"Most adorable things"

Oh cool thread, better check it ou...what the

Are you kidding, OP? While Cardcaptor Sakura seems to have a wholesome image on the surface, it also contains the following:

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

YAOI/Boys' Love:
- Syaoran had a BIG crush on Yukito. It was obvious. Thankfully it had a harmless explanation.
- Sakura's brother Touya and his best friend Yukito are in love with each other. It's canon.

YURI
- This was toned down in the anime, but the is a reason why Tomoyo follows Sakura around and dresses her up in all sorts of cute outfits.
- Sakura's late mother's best friend harbored feeling for Sakura's mother and resented her father because of that.

PEDOPHILIA
- Sakura's 10-year old classmate (girl) is in love with their Teacher. Oh, and the teacher loves the kid too. Yes. That way.
- Eriol and that Kaho lady are very suspicious.

OTHERS:
- Sakura's parents married at age 16 (the age of consent in Japan, btw).

I LOVE CARDCAPTOR SAKURA, BTW XD

pls explain farid.

Nathan you should watch that.

wedward

You're just angry your Park is shit.

Who?

Wedward who do you want us to sign?

I want the following:

McCarthy
Aurier
Sanchez
Bender
Remy

That would be awesome for me.

GK I really don't care. As long as he is a solid backup i'll be happy.

From everything I have read and seen of Aurier he looks like a good choice. Huge Arsenal fan and it's ligue 1 so I am hoping we wrap that up quickly.

Bender is my 1st choice for DM. Bayer had a bad season so hopefully Bender is open to leaving. Hopefully 20 something will get it done.

If we can't get Bender I want Schneiderlin. Already has PL experience and wants to play in the CL. Think we would have a good chance at him.

Sanchez>Draxler>Vela for me. Think we will end up with Vela.

Striker is tough. Hopefully Madrid go after Suarez and we can try and get Benzema. I know some people here don't like him but I think he has tons of talent and would be a huge signing for us. If we can't get Benzema I would be ok with either Remy or Bony. Bony preferred but I think Remy is more likely.

I know we badly need a striker but I will be livid if we don't get a DM. Plenty of options available, unlike striker, and none of them are going to cost and arm and a leg.

Lightning

Banned
Who?

GK I really don't care. As long as he is a solid backup i'll be happy.

From everything I have read and seen of Aurier he looks like a good choice. Huge Arsenal fan and it's ligue 1 so I am hoping we wrap that up quickly.

Bender is my 1st choice for DM. Bayer had a bad season so hopefully Bender is open to leaving. Hopefully 20 something will get it done.

If we can't get Bender I want Schneiderlin. Already has PL experience and wants to play in the CL. Think we would have a good chance at him.

Sanchez>Draxler>Vela for me. Think we will end up with Vela.

Striker is tough. Hopefully Madrid go after Suarez and we can try and get Benzema. I know some people here don't like him but I think he has tons of talent and would be a huge signing for us. If we can't get Benzema I would be ok with either Remy or Bony. Bony preferred but I think Remy is more likely.

I know we badly need a striker but I will be livid if we don't get a DM. Plenty of options available, unlike striker, and none of them are going to cost and arm and a leg.
There is no real excuse for a striker either. We have the money, been 2 years the position has been a problem and there are players available if we're willing to pay for them. £45m will get you Benzema, we could go for Rodrigo, even 60m for Cavani although that would mean we can't get anyone else but the players are there. It's all down to money, not availability.

The only way to make a world class striker available is to offer top dollar.

jtb

Banned
Wedward who do you want us to sign?

I want the following:

McCarthy
Aurier
Sanchez
Bender
Remy

That would be awesome for me.

good list. hopefully we can get one world class player (striker would be ideal, though a genuinely top class CM like Fabregas or someone would be acceptable if we still got Remy) on top of that.

would really love Sanchez to come to Arsenal, talented and can help with the directness we've been lacking

jtb

Banned
Vela is an upgrade over Podolski. if he's the best we can do (and assuming that buy-back clause exists), then that's fine—but we better be spending that money elsewhere

wedward

Vela is an upgrade over Podolski. if he's the best we can do (and assuming that buy-back clause exists), then that's fine—but we better be spending that money elsewhere

That's pretty much how I feel about it. Vela confirmed it exists.

Lightning

Banned
good list. hopefully we can get one world class player (striker would be ideal, though a genuinely top class CM like Fabregas or someone would be acceptable if we still got Remy) on top of that.

would really love Sanchez to come to Arsenal, talented and can help with the directness we've been lacking
Sanchez would be outstanding at Arsenal. He has pace, can score, assist and another target for Ozil. Walcott and Sanchez on the wings and we'll be deadly. Remy or Bony along with Giroud and we'll be alright for goals I feel provided Sanchez and Walcott are there.

Cesc is a long shot to leave Barca. If he leaves I'm sure we'll be his destination but I don't think he will be leaving.

Draxler's pricetag confuses me. Unless his ability far outweighs his productivity like Iniesta or someone

In a world where Draxula is worth £30m, Sterling is surely worth £100m :p

And it's not apples and oranges to compare two players who'd fulfil the same squad role. It's potentially great apples to older, definitely good apples

wedward

Draxler's pricetag confuses me. Unless his ability far outweighs his productivity like Iniesta or someone

In a world where Draxula is worth £30m, Sterling is surely worth £100m :p

A release clause doesn't reflect market value.

There productivity isn't all that different.

Draxler has 5 goals 7 assists in 32 games.

Sterling has 9 goals 5 assists in 24 games playing for a much better team.

A release clause doesn't reflect market value.

There productivity isn't all that different.

Draxler has 5 goals 7 assists in 32 games.

Sterling has 9 goals 5 assists in 24 games playing for a much better team.

If you are only measuring their performances through stats, then you are doing it wrong.

Hitcher mentioned productivity.

Where did I say I was measuring their performance?

You compared the player's stats. Hitcher did not. He merely stated that Draxler's ability should far outweigh his productivity, which it did not this past season. Sterling's ability outweighed his productivity. That is why there was that exaggeration of the price difference between the two players.

GorillaJu

Productivity is measured by expectation. I don't watch Schalke enough to know what his role is in the team, but Sterling was originally supposed to be auxiliary, not a key cog. As it happened, Coutinho was under-productive given his place as the main creative outlet, and Sterling was producing far above expectations, leading to his placement later in the season as our man in the hole.

Draxler's output should be considered relative to his position in the team. Given his reputation, that amount of goals and assists does seem low to me. Not seen enough to really judge though.

wedward

You compared the player's stats. Hitcher did not. He merely stated that Draxler's ability should far outweigh his productivity, which it did not this past season. Sterling's ability outweighed his productivity.

Right, but where did I measure their performance based on that? I didn't draw any conclusions from it other than that their numbers aren't all that different.

He is 20. He had a poor season. Schalke had a poor season. Nobody thinks he is worth his release clause because if they did someone would have paid it by now.

Don't forget you started this entire discussion off with a totally meaningless comment.

Right, but where did I measure their performance based on that? I didn't draw any conclusions from it other than that their numbers aren't all that different.

He is 20. He had a poor season. Schalke had a poor season. Nobody thinks he is worth his release clause because if they did someone would have paid it by now.

Why even bring up Sterling's numbers and compare them to Draxler's unless you were refuting Hitcher's claim that Sterling is worth a lot more than Draxler? Hitcher only brought up Draxler's productivity. Hitcher didn't measure Sterling's performances through productivity. The prices were based on their overall performances this season.

Anyways this bit of conversation is going nowhere :lol

I feel a lot of Arsenal fans have this lingering image of Vela from his Arsenal days. He's a great player now and knows Arsenal well. He's cheap and only just turned 25. Would be one of the smarter buys Arsenal could make.

Of course, a dm and a striker are more needed and would be instantly more exciting.

wedward

Why even bring up Sterling's numbers and compare them to Draxler's unless you were refuting Hitcher's claim that Sterling is worth a lot more than Draxler? Hitcher only brought up Draxler's productivity. Hitcher didn't measure Sterling's performances through productivity. The prices were based on their overall performances this season.

Anyways this bit of conversation is going nowhere :lol

I feel a lot of Arsenal fans have this lingering image of Vela from his Arsenal days. He's a great player now and knows Arsenal well. He's cheap and only just turned 25. Would be one of the smarter buys Arsenal could make.

Of course, a dm and a striker are more needed and would be instantly more exciting.

Ideally we would replace Podolski with Vela and just bring in Draxler as another option.

I think regardless of what happens, we will get Vela. For the price it would be dumb not to.

nope. New challenge.

There is a new challenge every year at Arsenal. You don't get to keep the 4th place trophy.

jtb

Banned
more worried that City would go for Cesc over United... especially if Yaya keeps all his antics up. frankly, if I were them, I would be looking to offload Yaya ASAP to Monaco or whoever. his value's going nowhere but down and it's not a particularly good idea to sign old players to mega contracts—even when you don't have a budget

bjaelke

Ben Lyttleton @benlyt
L'Equipe reports Didier Drogba is close to joining Juventus, after ending his contract at GS. Target: Champs Lge success

---

I'll be setting up a fantasy league for the world cup when we get closer to kick off. And I'll probably create a separate thread in OT for that purpose.

Unless someone already called dibs.

Zabojnik

Even a 40 year old Drogba is better than having to rely on Quagliarella, Vucinic, Osvaldo and Giovinco for another season. Welcome old man Didier!

First I hear of it, but hey, it's transfer season already. Everything goes!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Even a 40 year old Drogba is better than having to rely on Quagliarella, Vucinic, Osvaldo and Giovinco for another season. Welcome old man Didier!

First I hear of it, but hey, it's transfer season already. Everything goes!

pretty much :(

I hope he's okay with our rotating policy though
which Conte dropped as soon as Tevez and Llorente hit top form loool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom