• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the person who has reported Drogba to Juve is also the person who wrote Didier's autobiography

BoJ-7ZWIcAExxjl.jpg:large

3705143_o.gif

8 years too late but he's still better than most of our strikers.
I prefer Robbens path.
I'm genuinely happy for him. It's bad enough that he was bald in his teens ffs.

cremino

It's more than any other country

Spain (at the mo) only had the big two, Germany had.....three? (wanna say Dortumnd, Munich and somebody else...) Italy only the big three

Edit: Hamburg, top shout.

When on earth did they win it

How in god's name did you manage that

Hamburg win it in 1983 against Juve with a Magath goal

Wilbur

Banned
Which English teams have won the European Cup?

Liverpool
United
Forest
Villa
Chelsea

Is that it? 5 winners doesn't seem like many but I wonder how many winners Spain, Italy and Germany have had?

Spain - 2 (Real Madrid, Barcelona)

Italy - 3 (Milan, Inter, Juventus)

Germany - 3 (Bayern, Dortmund, Hamburg)

edit: Beaten twice

Time for Atleti to bring Spain to 3.

Netherlands - 3 (Feyenoord, Ajax, PSV)

Portugal - 2 (Benfica, Porto)

Scotland - 1 (Celtic)

Romania - 1 (Steaua)

Yugoslavia (now Serbia) - 1 (Red Star Belgrade)

France - 1 (Marseille)

So EPL is King even with cannon fodder like Arsenal and City being our best team for spells.

3 is not enough. Please Van Gaal, make up for the Busby Babes :(

I still prefer the Milan-Liverpool saga to the single player stuff like Robben. There haven't been many teams that could actually replay a final, and doing so, having Maldini lifting another CL after he failed to win one when he even scored in the final, is something wonderful.

Although, I have to admit that to see Maldini Jr winning the trophy in England fourty years after his dad did the same thing with Milan is on a completely different level.

dc89

Magnet for the hanger.

Send a mouse on a leash in after the toast.

Brb. Going to the pet shop.

It's more than any other country

Spain (at the mo) only had the big two, Germany had.....three? (wanna say Dortumnd, Munich and somebody else...) Italy only the big three

Edit: Hamburg, top shout.

When on earth did they win it

How in god's name did you manage that

Well the toaster is near the fridge freezer. It has never happened before but just then the toast popped up and flew straight down the back of it. I then got a hanger to try and fish it out and dropped the thing by accident.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still prefer the Milan-Liverpool saga to the single player stuff like Robben. There haven't been many teams that could actually replay a final, and doing so, having Maldini lifting another CL after he failed to win one when he even scored in the final, is something wonderful.

Although, I have to admit that to see Maldini Jr winning the trophy in England fourty years after his dad did the same thing with Milan is on a completely different level.

Bring the big man back to Milan

fuck Galliani, this is how you negotiate for players

may15paolomal.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Was talking to someone in work yesterday about favourite players... and aside from United ones, all mine are/were in Serie A :lol. Was thinking about a team on the way home innit.

Buffon, Cafu, Nesta, Thuram, Maldini, Davids, Zidane (based on Madrid), Pirlo, Ronaldinho (played for Milan but here for Barca), Totti, del Piero

hnnnfgffhhhh

We could have had five if it wasn't for the best team of all time. Small consolation.
Coulda woulda shoulda innit.

The shame of it is that when we did put together a truly world class team, we just let it slip by and didn't push on or even maintain our level for longer than those 2 years. Ah well.

Can't complain.

But in terms of titles, it's less than Spain and Italy.

that's nice

It's all coming up Moyes.

Ooooh. Come on Woodward, make them an offer they can't refuse.

Bring the big man back to Milan

fuck Galliani, this is how you negotiate for players

may15paolomal.jpg

Even if he's a hundred years old, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. He's way, way better than a lot of players we currently have.

Now that I think about it, once Galliani leaves we'll fill Casa Milan with former players. Like, the museum will have the actual players right there talking to people.

Wilbur

Banned
Coulda woulda shoulda innit.

The shame of it is that when we did put together a truly world class team, we just let it slip by and didn't push on or even maintain our level for longer than those 2 years. Ah well.

Can't complain.

that's nice

Four PL titles, one CL and two other finals in five years. Good spell.

The worst part of that saga is listening to the commentary recall the comeback loss every single time I play Liverpoop in Fifa.

The worst part of that saga is listening to the commentary recall the comeback loss every single time I play Liverpoop in Fifa.

The never ending banter is something that made those two years hell. But after Athens 2007 everything is right in the universe, I can't really get mad about it anymore.

And now even some of the Juventini who for some reason keep digging up Istanbul have a reason to shut up after what happened vs Galatasaray.

Meier

Has it been posted in here that according to journos in Manchester and in Paris that City and PSG will have different HG quotas next year? 16 "free" slots and 5 HG.

Jarnet87

Four PL titles, one CL and two other finals in five years. Good spell.

Looking back it's pretty clear now that Fergie went senile after 08. We were the best team in the world, pretty much a complete team with very little holes. Then Fergie brought in Berbatov, da fuk???? Of all the positions he could of filled.A young defender to replace Pique, another midfielder to mold for the aging Scholes and Giggs, hell a quality winger knowing that Ronaldo would be moving on. Nope slow motion Berbatov at 30 million + pounds, a player who did not fit the system at all.

Randdalf

Has it been posted in here that according to journos in Manchester and in Paris that City and PSG will have different HG quotas next year? 16 "free" slots and 5 HG.

So the CL squad cap is really just removing the spots that would have been taken up by the likes of Lescott, Rodwell, etc. last season?

Looking back it's pretty clear now that Fergie went senile after 08. We were the best team in the world, pretty much a complete team with very little holes. Then Fergie brought in Berbatov, da fuk???? Of all the positions he could of filled.A young defender to replace Pique, another midfielder to mold for the aging Scholes and Giggs, hell a quality winger knowing that Ronaldo would be moving on. Nope slow motion Berbatov at 30 million + pounds, a player who did not fit the system at all.
Berbatov was an awful signing.

Said it in here at the time. Wjd called me a spastic. It still hurts.

Yen

I don't see why that should the case. The rest of Europe has to have 8 HG. Maybe if City could achieve that, their team could be sustainable.

WJD

I will defend Berbatov to the hilt.

And to be fair to me Viva, you did make that comment around the time he was our top scorer and dragged us through a significant portion of our 19th title winning season.

He wasn't right for us, but compared to signings like Young, Anderson, Fellaini etc he was a lot better than "awful".

Slizz

And to be fair to me Viva, you did make that comment around the time he was our top scorer and dragged us through a significant portion of our 19th title winning season.

He wasn't right for us, but compared to signings like Young, Anderson, Fellaini etc he was a lot better than "awful".

Berbatov is still my hero.

Manager

And how the squad looks now:
Hart - HG
Pantilimon

Zabaleta
Richards - HG

Nastasic - U21
Demichelis
Kompany
*New CB*

Clichy - HG
Kolarov

Fernandinho
Rodwell - HG
Yaya (!)
Garcia

Milner - HG
Silva
Nasri
Navas

Aguero
Jovetic
Dzeko
Negredo

15 non-HG, 5 HG, 1 U21. Rumours of Richards leaving too, hard to find both good CB and RB that is HG.

What makes it so bad is that Ferguson thought he was getting someone to elevate us, a new Cantona.

Crazy how he even thought that's what we were getting. We were getting a talented player, but a mopey one who hid when we needed him most.

Terrible signing.

We could actually pay Rami €3.5m, according to various journos. Funny, because the buyback clause was set at €7m and Milan had to say something to Valencia until Monday, otherwise the player would've returned to Spain. Seems about right.

Meier

I don't see why that should the case. The rest of Europe has to have 8 HG. Maybe if City could achieve that, their team could be sustainable.
I don't see why it would either frankly but quite a few people individuals are reporting it now. It was apparently a part of the negotiations.

pappe

We get 50% of whatever you offer.

I think you get 50% of the profit Barca make. So Barca bought him for 35m and sell him for 45m then you get 5m as Barca made a profit of 10m.

Again this is Barca who will argue that clause to the core. So dont be too confident.

What makes it so bad is that Wenger thought he was getting someone to elevate us, a new Pires.

Crazy how he even thought that's what we were getting. We were getting a talented player, but a mopey one who hid when we needed him most.

Terrible signing.

Arsenal fans in 3 years time. Guess who.

Wilbur

Banned
did u just "that's nice" me? :(

OMG

OH MY GAAL

where's La Furia Ceca?

mexes_caccia_nedved.gif

It was him or Ronaldinho. I'm sorry xoxo

'08 should have been a treble.

Still so pissed about the way we went out to Portsmouth. Ronaldo touched me that day though so I wasn't that sad.

That was an infuriating match. Fucking Portsmouth.

Yeah, can't help but agree on a lot of this. Berbatov was a terrible signing. Yes he won us a league, but fuck it. Short term gain.

Manager

The rest of Europe don't need 8 HG, they just can't have more than 17 non-HG. You could have 17 non-HG players and fill up the 8 HG with teenagers, or I guess leave the spaces empty.

If they take away 4 spots, it would be unfair to take them all from non-HG with such a short notice. It would force City to re-arrenge half their squad in two months, the point seems to be to stop City from spending and not force them to overspend.

I know tons of people want City to hurt, and force City to buy more English players. That's the long-term goal though, that's why they're building one of the most modern academy in the world.

WJD

What makes it so bad is that Ferguson thought he was getting someone to elevate us, a new Cantona.

Terrible signing.

i respect your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom