• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

"Mr. Van Gaal is perfectly comfortable declaring that a 0-3 loss at home to Sunderland was his team’s best game all season"

Louis is a secret Sunderland fan. GUS TO EUROPA, LOUIS TO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ITS ALL PLANNED NOW

Carbonox

That evilore more going gto e3 thread is embarrassing.

I personally find it to be one of the most hilarious and embarrassing threads I've seen on the gaming side of GAF.

Who the fuck gives a shit.

The thought of internet stranger outrage makes me chuckle like a porcupine in heat.

Peco

Honda returned to Japan today:

ibf0FKBNTRl48g.jpg

So much style.

I can't help it, I still love him!

A bunch of kids insulted Balotelli while he was training with Italy this morning. Because of his skin color, obviously.

How can people be this dumb is beyond me.

PY1WE2g.gif

Nicktendo86

I personally find it to be one of the most hilarious and embarrassing threads I've seen on the gaming side of GAF.

Who the fuck gives a shit.

The thought of internet stranger outrage makes me chuckle like a porcupine in heat.

It's the trying to get a kickstarter part that gets me, people would actually want to put up their own money to send someone else on a trip to e3? Madness.

King_Moc

Banned
It's the trying to get a kickstarter part that gets me, people would actually want to put up their own money to send someone else on a trip to e3? Madness.

Wtf? Firstly, he's loaded, secondly, has he actually written any articles on it before? If not, then they're right, aren't they?

Jarnet87

Six years today since we won the Champions League. What a beautiful night.

Crudnaldo prays every night to the soccer gods thanking them for making Terry slip. He'd of never heard the end of it had Terry's shot gone in. At least the rest of our boys were up for the penalty shootout, and I think that is the last good one we've had.

Hixx

Transistor is good. If you like the art and style of Bastion you will love it. The combat is quite different, though. It also seems a lot more linear and less varied than Bastion; there's no town to rebuild or anything like that. You just seem to go from room to room killing things.

Calhalolglu on Twitter:

"#HSV stays first league and I contributed to the saving with 11 goals. Now I want to play #Championsleague. Is also important for #Euro2016"

"Everyone of you knows how it is, one major injury and maybe I don't have this #chance anymore. Please understand my ambitions."

"Why have I signed a new contract with HSV? Because Hamburg is awesome. But to play #Championsleague so early is a dream."

This guy is gonna fail so hard

Wilbur

Banned
Wasn't even the CL then!

Just looked at all the finals... Real winning five in a row, Benfica winning two, Milan winning two, Ajax winning three, Bayern winning three, Liverpool winning two, Notts Forest winning two...

And since the CL, not even one team has retained it. Madness.

Yen

Calhalolglu on Twitter:

"#HSV stays first league and I contributed to the saving with 11 goals. Now I want to play #Championsleague. Is also important for #Euro2016"

"Everyone of you knows how it is, one major injury and maybe I don't have this #chance anymore. Please understand my ambitions."

"Why have I signed a new contract with HSV? Because Hamburg is awesome. But to play #Championsleague so early is a dream."

This guy is gonna fail so hard

please understand

Wasn't even the CL then!

Just looked at all the finals... Real winning five in a row, Benfica winning two, Milan winning two, Ajax winning three, Bayern winning three, Liverpool winning two, Notts Forest winning two...

And since the CL, not even one team has retained it. Madness.

I think Forest beat Liverpool in like the first round in 78. We could've won three in a row if not for that!

Wilbur

Banned
Also, Milan made three finals in a row - the first three champions league finals - and won only the middle one. Ajax who beat them in the latter of those three made the next final and lost to Juventus, who promptly made the final after that and lost to Dortmund, and THEN made the final after that and lost to Madrid.

Milan, Ajax and Juve. So close and yet... so far.

Edit: Valencia as well, losing two in a row. Devastating.

Blablurn

Also, Milan made three finals in a row - the first three champions league finals - and won only the middle one. Ajax who beat them in the latter of those three made the next final and lost to Juventus, who promptly made the final after that and lost to Dortmund, and THEN made the final after that and lost to Madrid.

Yet I didnt feel sorry in 2001. We deserved it <3

Nicktendo86

Yeah pretty sure there is a curse since the champions league era on retaining the cup.

Oh and can we plase change the name back to the european cup? Bugs me no end chapions league makes no fucking sense.

Don't even get me started on 'Europa League'

Slizz

Retaining the CL is just soooo hard to do because of all the millions of variables throughout the season, domestic cups, league play, transfers, injuries, the CL draw itself, WC, Euros, etc.

Go_Ly_Dow

6 years today, a man chased a dream. But it was lost.

lc81Iak.jpg

ZAz7Ake.jpg

qSP1Z3z.jpg

BczbMKv.jpg

zsZDMDC.jpg

B9vb3oV.jpg

NHkmwz7.jpg

0QptgxM.jpg

DGUGlf4.jpg

PzImfgf.jpg

JohnTerryPAMartinRickett3.jpg

...but true men never give up....

MOrU9rj.jpg

oAPELwA.jpg

XWmz0gV.jpg

q3hrL7H.jpg

It was a long road, but he made it. Well done, John.

WlMSbvy.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

we lost the last two being heavy favourites and to an offside goal.

I'm going to slit my wrists in our next CL final. And there's no Wes to bring me back from that one.

Which English teams have won the European Cup?

Liverpool
United
Forest
Villa
Chelsea

Is that it? 5 winners doesn't seem like many but I wonder how many winners Spain, Italy and Germany have had?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Liverpool
United
Forest
Villa
Chelsea

Is that it? 5 winners doesn't seem like many but I wonder how many winners Spain, Italy and Germany have had?

Serie A has produced the highest number of European Cup finalists: Italian clubs have reached the final of the competition on a record twenty-six different occasions, winning the title twelve times,

We've fucked most of those finals

I'M SO PROUD

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE DIE

Blablurn

I prefer Robbens path.

4 years ago Robben went for the ultimate summer. But the outcome was saddening.

nAkkXVj.jpg

zd0OMXB.jpg

2012 should have been his great comeback.... But luck was against him again

9PuBKQh.jpg

QfIyBdj.jpg

But 2013 turned out to be the greatest year of his career

w54WaaR.jpg

cremino

Liverpool
United
Forest
Villa
Chelsea

Spain has Real and Barca, Italy has Juve, Inter and Milan and Germany has Bayern , Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg

L1NETT

Liverpool
United
Forest
Villa
Chelsea

It's more than any other country

Spain (at the mo) only had the big two, Germany had.....three? (wanna say Dortumnd, Munich and somebody else...) Italy only the big three

Edit: Hamburg, top shout.

When on earth did they win it

I need help. I've managed to get a piece of toast and a coat hanger stuck behind my fridge freezer. Send help.

How in god's name did you manage that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom