• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Arsenal fans in 3 years time. Guess who.

05d.jpg

The Neogaf E3 thread is amazing.

Why would they give Evilore a pass? Does he write things about his experiences at E3? That's not entirely just a dig, I honestly can't remember, but I just can't see the point in it.

I mean, the site can't even stay up during the event hahaha

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
God I loved Sheringham, such a classy player for us and made huge impacts

Wilbur

Banned
Your club would be in an even worse state if you kept Tevez, imagine today's Rooney and him together.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01509/SNN1605A---_1509384a.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Oh I agree :lol :lol :lol

Still, great player. Madness he isn't going to the WC.

Tc91

It's all coming up Moyes.

AS English @English_AS · 1h
Luis Enrique: “Is Cesc in my plans? We're not going to talk about names”

And then he got asked about other players..

AS English @English_AS · 1h
Enrique on Neymar: “It’s clear that he’s one of the team’s most important players and I’m delighted that he’s here"

AS English @English_AS · 45m
New Barça boss Luis Enrique: "I'm delighted to have Messi, the best in the world"

Welcome to Manchester Cesc!

WJD

I'm not too sad we got rid of Tevez
well, didn't offer him enough money
but losing both him and Ronaldo in the same window set us back a long way.

Wilbur

Banned
Ronaldinho was genuinely terrible with Milan.

I know that. I'm picking him based on his Barca years; he just happened to play with Milan. Zidane as well, I don't think I ever saw him play for Juventus. But he did play for them, I'm just picking him based off his Madrid time.

Could have had Gattuso, Seedorf, Zambrotta and Kaka as well. That Milan side were so good... but yeah, soz m8. The team I went for is my faves from all the football I've watched outside of United to be honest. I haven't watched Bundesliga until the last few years, and haven't watched anyone outside Madrid and Barca outside the last few years, but I used to watch Football Italia so that's why all my favourites (barring the two I mentioned) are from there.

Really liked Raul and Rivaldo as well.

Carbonox

The Neogaf E3 thread is amazing.

Why would they give Evilore a pass? Does he write things about his experiences at E3? That's not entirely just a dig, I honestly can't remember, but I just can't see the point in it.

I mean, the site can't even stay up during the event hahaha

Agreed. Whole think is fucking childish. Then again it's a gaming community, hardly a bastion of maturity and level-headedness where these subjects are concerned. The kickstarter thing slayed me.

Manager

I'm not too sad we got rid of Tevez
well, didn't offer him enough money
but losing both him and Ronaldo in the same window set us back a long way.

It didn't help when you replaced them with Valencia and Owen. Then signed one midfielder the next year, Bebe!

Yen

The rest of Europe don't need 8 HG, they just can't have more than 17 non-HG. You could have 17 non-HG players and fill up the 8 HG with teenagers, or I guess leave the spaces empty.

If they take away 4 spots, it would be unfair to take them all from non-HG with such a short notice. It would force City to re-arrenge half their squad in two months, the point seems to be to stop City from spending and not force them to overspend.

I know tons of people want City to hurt, and force City to buy more English players. That's the long-term goal though, that's why they're building one of the most modern academy in the world.

It's just that for breaking FFP you are meant to be punished with a reduced squad, and 16 non-HG is really not that much different than what City were doing before.

Clegg

The disintegration of the Champions league winning side was a travesty IMO. Ronaldo leaving was a given but we still made another final without him. We never built on that team and let our stars get old together. Gross negligence on Ferguson's part to let midfield get into such a state.

It didn't help you replaced them with Valencia and Owen. Then signed only one midfielder the next year, the Bebe!

Still kind of staggering when you think about it. Sell £80 million superstar and a world class forward and bring in captain perma-crock and a £14 million winger from Wigan.

Fuck me.

WJD

It didn't help when you replaced them with Valencia and Owen. Then signed one midfielder the next year, Bebe!

How we managed to win 2 titles between than and now I don't know. It's felt like a constant clusterfuck in terms of squad management and rebuilding.

Manager

It's just that for breaking FFP you are meant to be punished with a reduced squad, and 16 non-HG is really not that much different than what City were doing before.

Nope, I agree, but 13 non-HG limit would be really hard to understand and make (like some wanted). I hoped for 15, would still punish City a lot since they probably would have to sell one or two to make it.

City are going in the right direction and will break even this year, Uefa said they would look at in a positive way when FFP was presented.

Meier

I heard a new Ed Sheeran song on the radio that was the least Ed Sheeran song of all time. It was secretly a JT or Maroon 5 song or something.

What.a.sellout.

Wilbur

Banned
Not a lot of time for Rivaldo as a human. But a killer footballer.

Yeah, definitely

Bearded Genius has just named Berba in his favourite United team :lol

Sealey; Rafael, Johnsen, Stam, Irwin; Kanchelskis, Scholes, Robson, Giggs (18); Eric, Berbatov

Being considerably younger, mine would be:

van der Sar; Neville, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Beckham, Keane, Scholes; Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy, Giggs

Six years today since we won the Champions League. What a beautiful night.
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was supposed to go to Nevada Smiths in NYC for the match but my friend's car broke down coming to my house that night. I ended up watching the match at how with 2 non footy watchers and they both fell asleep until I woke them up screaming after Van der Sar's stop on Anelka.

WJD

Yeah, definitely

Bearded Genius has just named Berba in his favourite United team :lol

Sealey; Rafael, Johnsen, Stam, Irwin; Kanchelskis, Scholes, Robson, Giggs (18); Eric, Berbatov

Being considerably younger, mine would be:

van der Sar; Neville, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Beckham, Keane, Scholes; Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy, Giggs

VDS (proper gentleman)

Neville (not too many other options)
Stam (horrible beast)
Vidic (another horrible beast)
Irwin (Irish Lahm)

Beckham (would share a small bath with him)
Scholes (favourite player ever)
Keane (Juventus)
Ronaldo (best player I've ever seen live)

Giggs (that chest)

Cantona (my earliest football memory is his goal in the 97 final)

Zabojnik

Edit: Hamburg, top shout.

When on earth did they win it

An improbable team winning a CL final? Of course we're going to be involved. And we lost the 1982-83 final to Hamburg with this fucking team:

Zoff, Gentile, Cabrini, Bonini, Brio, Scirea, Bettega, Tardelli, Rossi (Marocchino), Platini, Boniek

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Like, a GOAT team. I don't know how we do it, honestly.

PA-515863.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
An improbable team winning a CL final? Of course we're going to be involved. And we lost the 1982-83 final to Hamburg with this fucking team:

Zoff, Gentile, Cabrini, Bonini, Brio, Scirea, Bettega, Tardelli, Rossi (Marocchino), Platini, Boniek

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Like, a GOAT team. I don't know how we do it, honestly.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

that's like our best XI ever

oh my gal

fuck me

GorillaJu

#Soulbros, I must admit PvP is pretty fun, but only when I'm killing invaders. I made a second character instead of doing NG+ and when I got up to the Gargoyle fight I got invaded non-stop, but this time I fucking destroyed all the bellbro dickholes. Only one guy killed me and that's because he got one of those laggy backstabs where you can't see them moving and all of the sudden you're dead. I won two 2v1s, one guy invaded me, ran around trying to make me aggro the black dwarf fuckers, then waited for another invader before he fought me. He finally came downstairs to fight when it was 2v1 and I crushed his cunty little face in with wide swings while I was aiming for the other person :lol 3 R2s with my Magic Mace +5 and they were both dead.

Fucking bellbros.

Wilbur

Banned
Van Der Sar over Schmeichel?

Both top keepers but the Great Dane was the fucking king

Yorke and Cole too?

My first season properly following United was 1998-99. I only got one season of Schmeichel. I got a fair few seasons of VDS <33333

Really like both of them, but I liked Ruud more.

Wilbur

Banned
Schmeichel also went to Citeh. The cunt.

Can't wait to do fave XIs in a few years again and Welbeck to take his rightful place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom