• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a4UruSo.png

Schmeichel lied when he left United then went to City and then did that celebration in front of our fans to mock us.

And now he goes on about "we".

No not we you crusty swirl. Knob.

Meier

Journalist asked them on Saturday following the FFP punishments and they stated on the record that this is the case.

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/469139896276647936

I was wondering the same thing about what @FootballLaw pointed out actually. I won't take that tweet as gospel though regardless because there's really no reason why the other figures would be mentioned without there being something behind the story. We'll see how it all pans out.

Marc

worst thing about that Chelsea kit is the Lampard part.

Why? All time scorer and legend for the club, must clubs keep people like that as long as possible.

Barely played last season and still probably outscored a lot of your squad.

Happy birthday Shatner, I hope you got a Bugatti! :)

Anyone been reading Jimmy Bullards excerpts on daily mail?

The whole squad always had to eat together but we had supper at 7pm, the same time my kids have it. That was never going to last me until the following morning.
If I was at home and I got peckish later in the evening, I’d go to the fridge and have a bite to eat. But with room service off limits, Fabio left us to starve until breakfast.

That was way too strict for my liking. It would get to about 9pm or 10pm every night and I’d be starving. Something had to be done. So I paid a visit to David Bentley’s room.

Bents was a great lad. The bloke is an absolute wrong ’un, make no mistake about that, but a lot of fun nonetheless. He was always laughing and I mean, always laughing.

I stepped out of my hotel room. There was always heavy security surrounding the England team and I noticed there was a bouncer at both ends of the corridor. I had no idea how we were going to get food in there, but it had to be done because I was starving.

I knocked on Bentley’s door which he immediately opened and he burst out laughing: ‘Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!’

‘Bents,’ I said, ‘I haven’t even said anything.’

‘Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!’

‘Listen Bents, I’m starving. I’ve got to eat something.’

‘Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Funny you should say that. So am I.’

‘How can we eat something?’ I asked him.

‘Leave it to me,’ he said as he called a mate of his.

Within half an hour, there was a knock at the door and Bentley’s mate was standing there with a large McDonald’s brown paper bag full of Big Macs and chips. You f***ing beauty!

I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a Big Mac as much as that one and, given that McDonald’s were an FA sponsor, it’s what both parties would have wanted.

Bentley was also my partner in crime when it came to taking the p*** out of Mr Capello. I remember looking at the gaffer on my first day and thinking, ‘I can’t believe how much he looks like Postman Pat; it’s him!’ The only thing that was missing was the black and white cat.

Because I was new to that whole environment, I didn’t want to make too much of my discovery so I did it on the sly and used it as an icebreaker, letting some of the boys know that we had a TV personality running the show.

Bentley obviously loved it — ‘Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!’ — and when we were on the team coach, we sat at the back and started singing the Postman Pat theme tune.

A few of the boys joined in — I think Rio, Ashley Cole and Jermaine Jenas might have had a quiet little sing-along — but most of the other dry lunches weren’t really up for it.

Another daft scheme Bents and I came up with was seeing who could say ‘Postman Pat’ as loudly as possible within earshot of the gaffer.

I’d walk past Capello and say ‘Postman Pat’ out of the corner of my mouth, but Bentley took it to another level when he would walk straight up to the boss and scream ‘Postman Pat!’ in his face before adding ‘And his black and white cat!’ for good measure.

Bentley had just as much front on the training pitch. Capello set up a training exercise in which he sent three players out wide to put crosses into the penalty area.

He asked David Beckham, Stewart Downing and Joe Cole to do the honours but Bents just followed them to the far side of the pitch.

‘No,’ Capello shouted to Bentley. ‘Just three, you come back.’

But Bentley was having none of it.

‘Leave it out, send one of them back,’ he told Capello. ‘This is my game. I’m one of the best crossers in the country!’

Says everything I need to know about English players... I don't think I have any hope left for us. Poor Capello having to deal with that shite. And explains why someone as talented as Bentley did fuck all, where does he even play these days?

He once told Bayern’s chairman and club icon Karl-Heinz Rummenigge that he was sitting in Van Gaal’s seat on the plane and would have to move.

At Barcelona, he once informed the Spanish media that Spain was an excellent country to live in and a terrible one to work in.

One of his Ajax players, Peter van Vossen, reported that Van Gaal had toured his home and advised him not to paint his kitchen white.

http://www.worldsoccershop.com/65545.html -- there is the away outfielder shirt from WSS. It looks like you can customize as well if you'd like (just not pre-done for some players like the home). Did you want an away version of the GK kit then?

I kinda like the Chelsea kit personally.

Nah, the blue GK home kit.

Man, everything is preorder. I might as well wait. Maybe Kitbag or somewhere local will have more selection later.

Blablurn

TZ: Pizza wanted to cancel his friendlies for Peru to help #Bayern II in play-offs, but the club just want to let the current team play.

#Hero

Elchele

TZ: Pizza wanted to cancel his friendlies for Peru to help #Bayern II in play-offs, but the club just want to let the current team play.

#Hero

dc'ing m8

I think the rules wouldn't have allowed it anyway. I really hope they manage to get promoted. Pierre-Emile is also out I think, he has been called up for Denmark (senior team) and Julian Green is with Klinsmann

Kagawa: "We've known for some time it was going to be LvG. We've got the World Cup first so I’ll deal with all that after this is over."

Shinji knew. He's gagging for Ghal.

Marc

Didn't Chelsea wear yellow when they won the FA Cup with Hiddink?

I am sure I remember Lampard scoring that goal against Everton in yellow, maybe that's why it has his name on it.

L1NETT

That's what like, 375 Euros?

Your dosh Bla, but don't regret it :)

I'll probably get a home shirt.

I usually just get them blank.

I usually get kits every two/three years

We change styles pretty often but I can't understand prem folks buying like 70 quid shirts when all that changes is a little black line

Blablurn

I'm just kidding guys. But I'm baffled at the fact that so many people do this. Plenty of times I saw people donating up to 500 bucks. And I don't get it.

Sometimes it's with girls who show off a lot of tits.

Sometimes even with nerdy male streamers.

I understand that some might be entertaining. But I don't understand how you donate up to 500 bucks.

wedward

That's what like, 375 Euros?

Your dosh Bla, but don't regret it :)

I usually get kits every two/three years

We change styles pretty often but I can't understand prem folks buying like 70 quid shirts when all that changes is a little black line

I usually don't buy every season. But since this is the first Puma and it's a new era I figured why not.

Barzul

I'll probably get a home shirt.

I usually just get them blank.

That's what I did this year, but an away kit. Mind I didn't think we were getting anyone as spectacular as Ozil. We just had to wait till deadline day. I wish I still had the wine 05-06 kit, but it doesn't fit anymore so I gave it to my kid brother. My favorite kit of the past decade.

I'm just kidding guys. But I'm baffled at the fact that so many people do this. Plenty of times I saw people donating up to 500 bucks. And I don't get it.

Sometimes it's with girls who show off a lot of tits.

Sometimes even with nerdy male streamers.

I understand that some might be entertaining. But I don't understand how you donate up to 500 bucks.

IIRC alot of people do it for the random explosion of bullshit in chat, and then rescind the charge via paypal shortly after.

It's the only interaction they have with a female (or anyone). 500 bucks isn't that much considering how much people spend on drinks, holidays and other social events throughout a year.

Marc

Anyone know how/where I could watch the U17 final?

Also, I didn't remember Barkley in our last U17 cup win. Remember McEachran, Wickham, Coady, Chalobah and a few others but Barkley... must of been shit. Odd, maybe my memory is just rubbish.

bjaelke

Anyone know how/where I could watch the U17 final?

Also, I didn't remember Barkley in our last U17 cup win. Remember McEachran, Wickham, Coady, Chalobah and a few others but Barkley... must of been shit. Odd, maybe my memory is just rubbish.
It's on Eurosport

wedward

That's what I did this year, but an away kit. Mind I didn't think we were getting anyone as spectacular as Ozil. We just had to wait till deadline day. I wish I still had the wine 05-06 kit, but it doesn't fit anymore so I gave it to my kid brother. My favorite kit of the past decade.

Yeah, I wish we would go back to that darker red. My favorite kit as well.

Meier

Interesting. Rumor is Robinho is trying to negotiate with Milan to get out of his contract. He would play with Flamengo until the end of the year and then come to Orlando sometime afterwards to begin the 2015 MLS season alongside Kaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom